PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dumbass...hit curb in the rain...Help!!

idjeff
03-23-2005, 12:45 AM
So I was leaving work in Torrance...got a little sideways and hit and ran over a curb at about a 45 degree angle going about 10mph. The left front suspension is definately messed up ie. NOT driveable. Does anyone know of a shop nearby old town Torrance that can fix something like this? As far as I know, Torrance Mitsubishi is no longer. Please help me. Please please please. :cry:

500whp
03-23-2005, 01:34 AM
i think you should frist start off by jacking up the front end and do a visual inspection! look, touch the car see where is fucked! Then try to replace all the parts you can by yourself! If your frame is bend then you have to take it to a body shop, but other than that check it yourself first!

MercenaryZero
03-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Hey sorry to hear about that , yea Torrance Mitsubishi closed down , thats where I bought mine at. There is a place in Torrance that specializes in Evo's and STI's , www.Harmanmotive.com , check em out , they usually do tuning and Dyno work , but maybe they can help you.

idjeff
03-25-2005, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the replies guys....

The next day after the rain, i got on my hands and knees and checked the damage....wasn't so good. Bent right front wheel...flat right front tire...blistered left front tire....steering wheel at 3 o'clock while front wheels straight...front wheels not exactly facing in the same direction...rear wheels not exactly facing in the same direction...left front wheel now rubbing slightly on rear on fender wheel indicating it's not in the same place anymore (moved rearwards)... Needless to say, with a $750 deductible, i opted to just call my insurance co (AAA) and had them flatbed the evo to a dealership... Sucks ass...my rates will go up, but I'm guessing at least $2500 in repairs. Wish me luck :(

ovenmit331
03-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the replies guys....

The next day after the rain, i got on my hands and knees and checked the damage....wasn't so good. Bent right front wheel...flat right front tire...blistered left front tire....steering wheel at 3 o'clock while front wheels straight...front wheels not exactly facing in the same direction...rear wheels not exactly facing in the same direction...left front wheel now rubbing slightly on rear on fender wheel indicating it's not in the same place anymore (moved rearwards)... Needless to say, with a $750 deductible, i opted to just call my insurance co (AAA) and had them flatbed the evo to a dealership... Sucks ass...my rates will go up, but I'm guessing at least $2500 in repairs. Wish me luck :(

Wow, that sounds expensive, and it SUCKS too. Let us know what happens....