PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Mitsu (funny story)

Blaze
03-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Okay, we all know that salesmen in general don't no know nuthin' bout what they sell. But here's a funny story none the less.

I stopped into Ontario Mitsu to check out some of their used selection. I wanted to get a feel for what i could expect to get for my '03.

On the way in, i spot a Grey MR that has my name written all over it, so before I look at the used section, I have a browse with this one.

The guy comes over (forgot to get his name) and starts telling me all about it. I try to tell him I already know a lot about this car because I own a GSR currently. But he says that the MR is nothing like a Honda and I should listen to him because he know.

Huh? Okay, buddy. :roll:

The MR is priced concervatively at 40, 000!!!! He states it's a limited edition. I asked if he knew how many were sold this year? He said only 100 or so. He also stated this was the last MR they'd ever have and that the new 9s would not arrive until Feb of next year.

All that is pretty standard BS, but the final blow that nearly had me on the ground. Apparently, Mitsubishi won't give Ontario any 9s until all the 05s are sold. And if for any reason they do, the 9s would drive up the value of the 05 by 10 grand!.

HUH??? So that means next year, this year old car will be sold for 50,000?!?!?!? :shock:

Yes, the guy says.

So next I look at they're used lot. They have a few thrashed evos there. I think I saw Moogles old car, two black ones (one with a painted nose) and a white RS. One of the black ones didn't have a price. The sales guy estimated that it would be around 31,000.

Here's the run down.

04 RS w/ 5300 miles they want $29,950.
03 GSR w/ 15500 miles they want $29,990.
Moogles old car, was going for $28,000.

Prices are all "FIRM" even though they seem to be worth more used then new....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macky
03-26-2005, 02:21 PM
could someone hose that salesman please

gofaster87
03-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Thousand Oaks Mitsu is pretty bad. Never buy an Evo there. Selling the MR at MSRP was their reasoning for not dropping the price on a GSR. I dont understand what an MR and a GSR have in common pricing wise but hey they lost my friends business because of it. The sales manager is a jackass as well, he didnt want to sell me a car because I didnt look like I had the money, this is after I asked him to give me a cash price and I wanted to pick up the car that day or the next. What a joke.

moogle
03-26-2005, 07:29 PM
ever since trickedoutevoVIII is gone from there, ontario mitsu is a piece of shit.

Blaze
03-26-2005, 07:47 PM
ever since trickedoutevoVIII is gone from there, ontario mitsu is a piece of shit.

Hey, if anything, they were an amusing lot!
Looks like the sales manager is gone now too.
It's some new guy. Oh well.

If you don't like Ontario, wait a week.
Salesmen and management have high turnover rates in this biz.

evobob
03-26-2005, 10:30 PM
I worked for that same owner Darel "Spermbank" Spermberg at Pomona Mitsubishi when they where in business. That company still owes me 2grand in commissions. The same owner owns Norco Mitsubishi. I will never do business whith that company. That store does have a high turnover rate.

CT9A RS
03-26-2005, 10:50 PM
lol although technically if he only knows Mitsubishis specs. the 03 and 04s and 05s or that matter werent called GSRs in the US.

As for the MR being discontinued. I thought this was to be true as the Mr was to be replaced by a GSR.

But hearing new News the 06s will RS GSR MR and not their previously stated RS GT GSR.

Macky
03-26-2005, 11:58 PM
lol although technically if he only knows Mitsubishis specs. the 03 and 04s and 05s or that matter werent called GSRs in the US.

As for the MR being discontinued. I thought this was to be true as the Mr was to be replaced by a GSR.

But hearing new News the 06s will RS GSR MR and not their previously stated RS GT GSR.

elsewhere in the world there is no more MR, only the US gets the MR, now (probably) using the leftover JDM "EvolutionMR" badges as there is no MR in japan :D

j_nizzle
03-27-2005, 12:40 AM
this all sounds like a south coast mitsu copycat!

rammsteinmatt
03-27-2005, 01:06 AM
hehe, my parents went down to freeway (duarte) mitsu to see the electric blue color. and the salesman gave the usual pitch. and my parents were telling him that they know tons about this car because of me, and the salesman was like well this has a turbocharger...and such. and my dad, wise as he is, asks what about warranties if you modify the car? and the salesman or floor mngr. told them if the dealer installs the part it will retain the warranty on the car. i wish i was there to hear that, cause i could have inquired about the dealer installing a GT35R and various other parts that should obviously void the warranty. (but on second thought, if i asked him if they would install a GT34R for me so i could keep the warranty they would probably think its related to hte mustang GT)

o, and they have 1 electric blue and 1 black evo with th sun sound leather thing, for 34k w/ 5k markup and 3k rebate (or some form of discount). at any rate without the discount they expect 40k for a GSR :roll:

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-27-2005, 04:54 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha x 1000000 omg im still laughing my ass off. blaze bro, if you wanted an MR just let me know and you'll be dealing with the general manager one on one, ill get you below sticker bro dont worry about it, im right across the street at crown toyota, you shoulda called me and i woulda walked over there with you. and that is soooo damn true evobob, darel sperber, man, so much to say about that guy, but im gonna remain tame about the situation and professional. but yeah let me know bro.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
03-27-2005, 04:55 AM
oh and blaze, it would be awesome if you told me the name of the salesman or atleast what he looks like lol

Blaze
03-27-2005, 09:02 AM
oh and blaze, it would be awesome if you told me the name of the salesman or atleast what he looks like lol

I think he was pretty new. Skinny guy, about 6 foot, black around 45-50 years old. I think he had glasses ( I was looking more at the cars then him).

Blaze

PS. Thanks bro. I'm not ready to get the MR just yet. But I may pick up something new in the next month or so. I'll give you a ring.