PDA

View Full Version : evo too much trouble?

KRNEVO8
03-30-2005, 04:15 AM
hey fellow evo owners
as im reading all these stories about how cops jus randomnly search u for b*llshit reasons and search ur vehicle. isnt it too much of a hassle to mod it up? i mean i want to mod up my evo wen i get it buh all these stories about gay cops and searching jus makes me not want too. how do you guys deal with it? just want ur guys input
thanx

DoCoMo
03-30-2005, 05:02 AM
what it comes down to is time and circumstances, sum ppl have the worst
timing ever and on the other hand circumstances i wont name names... 8)
but hitting corners in a manner that cause's ur tires to squeal may be
a problem

500whp
03-30-2005, 05:14 AM
if you dont want to pay the price of owning a car like the evo, get a civic =)

Skiracer
03-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Any car that appears to be modified will bring you harassment from the police it seems. I'm sure Evo owners are not the only ones who are having a problem with this recent crackdown.

Late Apex
03-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Any car that appears to be modified will bring you harassment from the police it seems. I'm sure Evo owners are not the only ones who are having a problem with this recent crackdown.

yea its not just evo's.

You just have to be caution with your driving. Personally with my modified car there were some parts of town i wouldnt dare go into. Id also try to avoid main busy streets that were known for cop hide outs.

Sure its a hassle but it sure beats a huge headache later.

I also take the freeway much more now to avoid city streets.

flipryder21
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
well it don't matter what kind of car you drive or modify it's the luck of a draw just don't do anything stupid to attract the cop and you will be fine just act normal like your car is still stock and if your gonna play, play in the right place :D

Luscious
03-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I think it helps the keep your mods as low profile as possible. Wavmixer got the right idea by installing the small wing, painting the FMIC, etc. I followe suit. Avoid window tint as well...that's a nice reason for a cop to pull you over if he's looking for one, the good ole "it looks to me like your windows are too dark, blah blah" crap, the kind of crap I got in high school when I had my good ole '84 GTI w/ tinted windows.

G20
03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Well! Sometimes even you're not doing anything stupid, you may still get snatched for some bullsh*t reason... Like me! Just driving speedlimit, be on the right lane, try to be a good driver on the road and still got pulled over for bullsh*t stock taillights no red reflectors reason.

Richard EVO
03-30-2005, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't want to depend on a modified EVO as my daily driver, if I only had one car. The car is very reliable, but it is also a cop magnet.

turbolarry
03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Lose the wing. Stash everything you can, deep in the engine bay/behind paneling, and hit everything you can with flat black paint. :D

moogle
03-30-2005, 02:01 PM
They just don't look @ the car. They look @ the person driving it also.
Like my dad, he was driving and going 80, and the cop w/a bike just looked @ him and passed him like nothing. If that was me on the other hand I would've been pulled over.

warpspeed
03-30-2005, 02:02 PM
It's kinda funny with all the remarks but you know what, why should we even come to this state of mind of "where can we drive and should I drive slower because I just saw a cop" just because of the kind of car we drive. Why cant we (import enthusiast) be able to drive where ever we want to without thinking in the back of our minds if we are going to get pulled over. They don't bother/hassle the domestic scene as much as the import scene. A time should come to stop profiling us and just leave us alone. There are more speeders and drunk drivers out there to stop than to pull over someone for what their "opinion" is of a loud exhaust. Sorry for venting.

chicknfeet
03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
This is main reson for selling my 05 MR, cant hang with getting pulled over all the time

Richard EVO
03-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm convinced that the new crime on the books in Calif. is not "DUI" but "DAE". Driving An EVO. :cry:

Miss Evo8
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
if you dont want to pay the price of owning a car like the evo, get a civic =)

the civic is worse!! YOU WILL GET PULLED OVER!!! get a prius you'll be safe! If you're looking for no problems no hassles you can't drive an EVO!!!!

Absinthe
03-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Now Im saying this I'll get nailed, but I dont get hasseled. Part of it probably is what I look like, and how I drive. That said I have an aftermarket exhaust and roll with my V1 smack in the middle of my windshield.

DoCoMo
03-30-2005, 11:35 PM
never fails you make a comment about the popo's and next
thing you know it haunts you well almost, today i pass ponch and jon
on there bikes in the opposite lane and right after i pass they pull a u turn
good thing i was on the freeway ramp cause i booked it outta there... :lol:

LoyalTrojan
03-31-2005, 01:14 AM
You just need to have one eye on the road infront of you and the other eye scanning your mirrors for unwanted attention, once you learn this skill, its piece of cake! You will be a mile away from any cop you see next time.. :)