I need some feedback, thanks,

why are you looking for one?

wilson1
04-01-2005, 03:10 AM
need more power.

500whp
04-01-2005, 03:19 AM
need more power.

for what purpose? drag, road race, or just because?

KRNEVO8
04-01-2005, 03:42 AM
dunt get stroker unless u going like track everyday
i think if u want power u should get a bigger turbo and upgrade the head... like port and polish and rods, pistons
and besides if u stroke it u are limited to 7000-75000 revs

Thedread
04-01-2005, 10:49 AM
How much power do you have now, and how much do you think you need?

Blaze
04-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Who drop a stroker in their car?

I need some feedback, thanks,

GT Motorsports out of Ontario has and has done some stroker kits.
I'm sure RRE has heard of this "stroker" technology as well.

I suggest you decide what questions to ask first though. "Feedback" is not a good question IMHO. You should be asking about how the different kits are designed and which one will meet your requirements and why.

General "Feedback" is only going to be as follows:
"yeah I noticed a BIG difference"
"this shop took forever to complete the work"
"my engine sounds funny"
"wait....now that everything is done, will this pass smog?"
"now I don't have any money left for juice"

Blaze

Evo-8
04-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Bevo would happily be your own personaly stroker. And I think it would be free. So try sending him a pm.

leaveit2bevo
04-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Bevo would happily be your own personaly stroker. And I think it would be free. So try sending him a pm.

:wink:

wilson1
04-01-2005, 11:47 AM

:wink:

:lol:

GokuSSJ4
04-01-2005, 12:59 PM
wilson , if you don't have an idea about the stroker kit or clue (don't purchase it) Since i know that you need a new bottom end (either get one from RRE or Buschur Racing) Similar to what Sam has, If you are considering purchasing a big turbo like : GT35 or GT40 then a stroker kit would be a requirement to have a nice power band (Road race set up)
You should also consider the following things to do:
Stand alone -EMS-
Port and Polish (Buschur, Quantum or RRE )
Intake Manifold (Magnus or BJ's)
Bigger Throtle Body
Bigger injector (since marl kept having problems with his 720cc, so consider 1000cc injectors)
FMIC
FMIC piping
Igniton System from Buschur Racing or RRE

500whp
04-01-2005, 01:06 PM
wilson , if you don't have an idea about the stroker kit or clue (don't purchase it) Since i know that you need a new bottom end (either get one from RRE or Buschur Racing) Similar to what Sam has, If you are considering purchasing a big turbo like : GT35 or GT40 then a stroker kit would be a requirement to have a nice power band (Road race set up)
You should also consider the following things to do:
Stand alone -EMS-
Port and Polish (Buschur, Quantum or RRE )
Intake Manifold (Magnus or BJ's)
Bigger Throtle Body
Bigger injector (since marl kept having problems with his 720cc, so consider 1000cc injectors)
FMIC
FMIC piping
Igniton System from Buschur Racing or RRE

Agree w/ goku, but a lot of cars have made over 500 w/ stock ignition.

THE FMIC reommend HKS R-Type, or ARC

Another chooice for Intake manifold is JUN

Another chooice for ECU is HKS F Con Pro or Apexi Power FC

GokuSSJ4
04-01-2005, 01:15 PM

Theres some peeps that have had issues with the stock igniton (when passing over 400whp) which with this set up can be easily accomplish.
The problem with Jun Intake manifold is that its near 3k for it :shock: who is going to pay for that ?? If wilson has a hard time spending 1500 on a standalone, I can only imagine on such intake manifold that might provide the same results as the Magnus or Bj's .

500whp
04-01-2005, 02:13 PM

Theres some peeps that have had issues with the stock igniton (when passing over 400whp) which with this set up can be easily accomplish.
The problem with Jun Intake manifold is that its near 3k for it :shock: who is going to pay for that ?? If wilson has a hard time spending 1500 on a standalone, I can only imagine on such intake manifold that might provide the same results as the Magnus or Bj's .

good points!

gofaster87
04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Wow some really disturbing answers in here. You dont need a stroker for only track use and strokers can rev to over 8k and it has been done many times. You havent given anyone enough info to give an opinion on whether a stroker is a viable option for you. I dont know anyone with a stroker that isnt pushing well over 500whp so be prepared to spend much more money on other mods including tuning. 4G63.com may be a good starting point since they are local and can give you advice.

gt40
04-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Seriously, be careful of what you ask for. Other things come into play like the fact that your drivetrain/clutch becomes a normal wear item that needs to be rebuilt on a regular basis if you drive the car at all hard. I have already rebuilt my tranny 1 time and it is almost time to do it again at these power levels as I am starting to get a 5th gear grind...

Figure out what you want to do with the car first. 500 whp is fine without a stroker and you could also just build a 2.4 4g64 if you really want to hurt yourself...

EvoPwr
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM
wow lots of good advice here, i had in mind getting a stroker down the road, but now it looks like i wont...i just go to RRE :D

Knower
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Wow some really disturbing answers in here. You dont need a stroker for only track use and strokers can rev to over 8k and it has been done many times. You havent given anyone enough info to give an opinion on whether a stroker is a viable option for you. I dont know anyone with a stroker that isnt pushing well over 500whp so be prepared to spend much more money on other mods including tuning. 4G63.com may be a good starting point since they are local and can give you advice.

What Sam said and Sam does NOT have a stroker, he has a 2.4. Further, a stroker moves the powerband down, so you don't need to rev to the moon (which is harder on the rest of your drivetrain anyway).

BOVBILLY
04-01-2005, 04:13 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO STROKE-HER, STILL WORKING ON IT!

Blaze
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM

Lorenzo will get jealous if you keep talking like that.

Jealous or excited. Neither one is peasent.

Knower
04-01-2005, 04:17 PM

Stroke-her? Is that like...trannies?

Sam Smash
04-01-2005, 06:05 PM
i love the stroker kit on my car.

2.3l toda racing kit
hks 3037 ball bearing turbo

daily driven, over a year now no problems :)

Let me know if you are interested

gt40
04-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Sam,

Thought you sold that car :P

wilson1
04-02-2005, 12:27 AM

2.3l toda racing kit

Sam,

What kind of power output are u getting?
How's the spoolrate on it with the 3037?

thanks,
Wilson

wilson1
04-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Seriously, be careful of what you ask for. Other things come into play like the fact that your drivetrain/clutch becomes a normal wear item that needs to be rebuilt on a regular basis if you drive the car at all hard. I have already rebuilt my tranny 1 time and it is almost time to do it again at these power levels as I am starting to get a 5th gear grind...

Figure out what you want to do with the car first. 500 whp is fine without a stroker and you could also just build a 2.4 4g64 if you really want to hurt yourself...

Mark,

Did u have a stroker in yours?

Sam Smash
04-04-2005, 06:38 PM
She was in hidding for a bit, but now she's back :)

I need to dyno the car again and see where we are at with the power

AD_LIB
04-04-2005, 07:05 PM
i was under the impression that a stroker kit would add more low end torque and overall increase powerband.

Evo-8
04-05-2005, 12:04 PM

Stroke-her? Is that like...trannies?

And hes not talking about transmitions.

GokuSSJ4
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM

2.3l toda racing kit

isn't that set up near 4-5k with labor :shock:

Available for Lancer Evo I~VIII.

TODA Racing offers a stroker kit for the Mitsubishi Lancer 4G63 that increases displacement to 2323cc. It comes complete with TODA forged pistons which are produced in house using a 3000 ton press. The entire assembly comes fully blue printed and balanced. This kit is only compatible with Lancer EVO I~VIII engines.
Compression Standard Dimensions Upgraded Dimensions Price
8.7 : 1 85mm X 88mm 86mm X 100mm $3,180

thats just parts for the stroker kit, how much for labor ??

david buschur
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Any of you that have followed some of the topics I am for and against will find I have never been a fan of stroker kits in the 4G63. We have made far too much power with the 2.0.

This year with all the people wanting kits I decided to go after re-designing what we had built in the past.

I ordered one of the Toda kits first and checked it out. Was not impressed with the parts vs. price of the kit. The kit is nice but the rods suck. The Toda kit consists of an oversized forged piston, new Mitsubishi 2.4 liter crank, rings, STOCK 2.4 liter rods. If I remember correctly there were no bearings in the kit.

I called J&E and had them dig up our old piston specs for the strokers we did long ago. We then re-figured the compression ration and some other aspects of the pistons design and came up with what we thought would work.

We put a kit together that includes:

New 2.4 liter Mitsubishi crankshaft
New forged connecting rods
J&E forged pistons
New connecting rod bearings
New main bearings
New thrust bearings
Rings
$2300 for this entire package.

This is a complete kit, all you will need to do is possibly get the block bored/honed.

Now I have sold about 6 of these kits and built 3-4 engines here now. One in particular with a GT35R on it is bad ass. The car made 624 whp and 579 ft lbs of torque. This was done at an HONEST 30 psi of boost. The car never hit 31 psi or higher. I ran the car on the dyno to 7500 rpm every pull but one, the other I went to 8200 rpm.

The guys that own the car drove it home 550 miles away. They did it on 94 octane without a single problem. Not sure how many miles are on it now but they drive it daily, at home it only sees 116 octane.

Very very happy with the engines and how this new pistons design is doing.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

GokuSSJ4
04-11-2005, 12:03 PM
David-
are you planing on having a short block stroker kit available ??
it would be nice if you would sell the kit ready to go, including the short block as well.

rsmatt
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
cant you go with a built 4G64, built 4G63 head, and the gt 35 or 45 turbo? opps sory didnt see that aleady mentioned. my bad :oops: