PDA

View Full Version : Hello , Question here

BruceWayne
04-02-2005, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone, i've been browsing these forums for about a year now soaking up information and whatnot, never registered til now since i didn't own a evo or couldn't afford one then so not much to post. I saved enough to put a $14,000 downpayment and ready to purchase one within 1 month or 2 at most. I haven't been able to test drive an evo yet ( can't drive stick real well ) and was wondering if anyone close to me could meet with me and take me for a ride ( not me drive ) and would nice to discuss te evo too, i'll buy lunch or beers :) . I'm 23 and not a 16 year old hopelessly wishing to buy one or anything so you don't need to be worried. Only person i've only talked a little with was Macky while him and I were trolling the lame rsx forums. So if anyone could be nice enough to meet with me it would be awesome.

Macky
04-02-2005, 11:28 PM
you are more than welcome to stop by on our friday meets if you wish. 8)

as a side note, i joined the rsx forums a while back hoping to get some info on the car (was at one point thinking of one as a daily driver), but within days of joining, i got so many bad raps (that little red dot under my name) just because i drove an evo.

lame.

BruceWayne
04-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Well only problem of coming to the meets, is on friday i work the night shift :?
and btw yeah about 90% of people on the rsx forums are morons and yeah within the 1st week of joining their forums i recieved those lame red dots too lol.

Macky
04-02-2005, 11:51 PM
go visit the thursday meets at tustin marketplace then. although i myself cant make it on thursdays, just introduce yourself to the evo guys there, they are all cool. they dont hate. :wink:

BruceWayne
04-03-2005, 12:00 AM
:cry: work on thursday nights too, only time i really have is tuesday my day off, well thanks for info Macky, hopefully a member can meet up with me since i can't make the meets :)

davedave
04-05-2005, 10:57 PM
come down to the MOD meet. i bet anyone there will help you out.

evo mr
04-06-2005, 12:38 AM
whats the matter with youngsters driving evos if you were hatting on me i would smoke you not racing and i'll have two evos if you now what i mean! :twisted:

EvoPwr
04-06-2005, 12:43 AM
whats the matter with youngsters driving evos if you were hatting on me i would smoke you not racing and i'll have two evos if you now what i mean! :twisted:

is it just me or did he say some jibberish?

rino
04-06-2005, 01:06 AM
lol what the hell

Richard EVO
04-06-2005, 01:32 AM
Buy a Prius. Take it to the Buttonwillow Raceway Performance Driving Clinic. They will not only teach you how to drive a stick, but when to brake, where to turn in, the proper apex, and when to hit the throttle.

When you master driving your beloved Prius, then think about moving up to an EVO. :wink:

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Buy a Prius. Take it to the Buttonwillow Raceway Performance Driving Clinic. They will not only teach you how to drive a stick, but when to brake, where to turn in, the proper apex, and when to hit the throttle.

When you master driving your beloved Prius, then think about moving up to an EVO. :wink:
did you master driving the Prius already ??? hmmmm, last time i check some one was having problems with " proper apex and where to turn in" :mrgreen:

DTunedEvoX
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
If you didnt live so far I'd take you around for a ride- Burbank is quite a trip from the OC but we have a great bunch of guys that have our meets on Wednesday nights.. Solid group 6-8 of us with many others becomming regulars. Driving the car, and riding in it are 2 totally different things though.

You dont get the attachment you do as when yoru driving it (the quick steering , the ability to control the throttle/boost -) as if you were a passenger. You wont go wrong if you get an EVO though ... Good luck!

Absinthe
04-06-2005, 10:39 AM

you must be joking

BruceWayne
04-06-2005, 01:22 PM
thanks for the responses guys, wish i didn't have work on those nights to come to the meets but somone on the forums offered to take me for ride later this week, btw i had another question for the 05 evo what are people generaly paying otd???? and do you think it might just be better for the IX which is months away???
again thanks all :D

Macky
04-06-2005, 03:56 PM
if you can, wait for the 9 8)