PDA

View Full Version : what up socalevo.. help me out!

whiteJDMevo
04-04-2005, 12:27 PM
hey im sean.. i just became a member here but i have been a guest on this site for over a year. I asm finally in the market for a evo and im not sure what to do .. should i wait for the IX ... or should i just get and VIII
and if i get the VIII should i just look for a godd deal on a used one or pay the extra to get it new
thanks for the help

Macky
04-04-2005, 12:34 PM
its IX for 9 bro. get the IX 8)

whiteJDMevo
04-04-2005, 12:53 PM
sry bout that..
but with the extra cost do u really think its worth that or just get the VIII and spend the extra on mods

BOVBILLY
04-04-2005, 12:55 PM
sry bout that..
but with the extra cost do u really think its worth that or just get the VIII and spend the extra on mods

I COULDN'T WAIT. SPEND THE MONEY ON THE MODS AND CRUSH THOSE IDIOTS WITH THE 9!

WavMixer
04-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Buy Macky's MR so he can but a IX. :D

whiteJDMevo
04-04-2005, 12:57 PM
i dont think i can wait for the IX and i dont think i want to spend the extra money on it.. im dying to get an evo.. i get to drive my friends evo a good amount and i love the thing.. i have a SVT focus right now and that thing is ok for daily driving but way to slow. i need something fast and fun\
is a used XIII a dumb idea or would the money saved by buying used be worth it

Macky
04-04-2005, 01:23 PM
i dont think i can wait for the XIII and i dont think i want to spend the extra money on it.. im dying to get an evo.. i get to drive my friends evo a good amount and i love the thing.. i have a SVT focus right now and that thing is ok for daily driving but way to slow. i need something fast and fun\
is a used XIII a dumb idea or would the money saved by buying used be worth it

Dude you seriously need to learn basic numerals…you are throwing me off here :lol:

There is no Evo XIII – yet, so yes, to answer your question, it is a dumb idea. :wink:

Here:
1-I
2-II
3-III
4-IV
5-V
6-VI
7-VII
8-VIII
9-IX
10-X
11-XI
12-XII
13-XIII
14-XIV
15-XV
16-XVI
17-XVII
18-XVIII
19-XIX
20-XX

the SVT is a nice fun car, especially for youngins (I assume you are still fairly young by your actions), so in retrospect, an Evo may not be right for you.

Its not a car for the faint of heart, nor for someone without a solid income. An evo, new or used, needs money –lots of it- both for maintenance and modifications. In short, it is an expensive car to have, and some people who buy one end up selling it because they just simply end up not being able to sustain it. Never bite off more than what you can chew, and an Evo is simply a BIG car to have, figuratively speaking.

Alas, ultimately it will be your money and your decision. I would vote keeping the SVT or get a DSM to get your feet wet first.

Just my .02s

whiteJDMevo
04-04-2005, 01:40 PM
i have a solid income.. soon to be a supervisor.. and am getting a part time job... i will have enough money
i like fast cars the evo is the best car for performance
sry bout the numerals .. i know how they go.. im just pretty sick so i keep confusing them.... and yeah the focus is a nice handling car and accelerated enought for a good fun drive around town.. but i love speed.. i have become use to driving fast cars.. (STI, EVO, M3, Porsche, Corvette, Mustang) .. i want something fast

Macky
04-04-2005, 03:58 PM
If you want something fast then get a bike :wink:

j_nizzle
04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
anyone can drive fast in many cars that are far less than the evo. dont just think the evo is good for speed. it's good for far much more. if speed is simply what you're after dont waste your money. get a datsun 510 with a 13b motor in it. now that is fast!!!

leaveit2bevo
04-04-2005, 04:27 PM
where can you get a new VI?

BOVBILLY
04-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I SAY, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, YOU SHOULDN'T GET AN EVO!

EvoPwr
04-04-2005, 04:57 PM

dont listen to this dumbass he cant even make his mind up for a cup of coffee. then he finally buys one and doesnt like it :wink:

ummm you wont be saving that much money between Used, new 8, and new 9. they are all within a thousand or two of each other. the 9 will be the first year with that mivec turbo coming to america, who knows what problems and bugs it might have. getting a first year car is always a risk. this is the 3rd and last year of the 8 so not any bugs i know about. but its your money and your decision. Good luck.

Blaze
04-04-2005, 05:14 PM

I couldn't agree more.
I sounds like a broken record but....You need to get a nice RSX.

....and it's unlikely you'll find a new Evo VI.

rammsteinmatt
04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
get a datsun 510 with a 13b motor in it. now that is fast!!!

then after you get used to that swap a SR20DET or small block V8 in and re-write your definition of fast (and fear for that matter)

Macky
04-04-2005, 05:51 PM
i have a solid income.. soon to be a supervisor.. and am getting a part time job... i will have enough money
sry bout the numerals .. i know how they go.. im just pretty sick so i keep confusing them.... and yeah the focus is a nice handling car and accelerated enought for a good fun drive around town.. but i love speed.. i have become use to driving fast cars.. (STI, EVO, M3, Porsche, Corvette, Mustang) .. i want something fast

just out of curiosity, what job are you going to be “supervising” in? and getting a part time job?

As a rule of thumb, if your car payment (or your total debt for every month) is more than 40% of your income, technically you are living a lifestyle you cannot afford. Financially you are putting yourself more at risk of losing everything. And if you need a 2nd job to secure paying for a car (assuming that’s what you are trying to say based on what you said), then obviously it is too much for you.

That said, what I pay for in total(everything included) for every month is no more than 34% of what I earn monthly. And even at that, I still find myself pinching pennies every now and then. Its never easy.

Not to be mean, but after looking at what you indicated, in my opinion the Evo isn’t the car for you. At least, not yet.

j_nizzle
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM

then after you get used to that swap a SR20DET or small block V8 in and re-write your definition of fast (and fear for that matter)

werd...finding that might actually be harder than finding your covetted new VI.

EvoPwr
04-04-2005, 06:05 PM

werd...finding that might actually be harder than finding your covetted new VI.

DoCoMo
04-05-2005, 01:57 AM
STI, EVO, M3, Porsche, Corvette, Mustang....
of those group of cars i honestly dont think that mustang
is a contender in that lot...off topic maybe but i needed to say that

whiteJDMevo
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
ok first .. i work at a bank .. second my part time job is not goin to be needed it will only be a hour or so a day but makes around 40 or 50 dolar and hour so that is the only reason i will be getting that. a new evo will be less than 30% of my monthly income.
Second... i understand i messed up on the numbering.. i meant IX ok i think that has been covered a few times now.. and i dont knwo how to go back and fix it.
third i drove a 12 second mustang so i would consider that a fast car...

gofaster87
04-05-2005, 12:53 PM
ok first .. i work at a bank .. second my part time job is not goin to be needed it will only be a hour or so a day but makes around 40 or 50 dolar and hour so that is the only reason i will be getting that. a new evo will be less than 30% of my monthly income.
Second... i understand i messed up on the numbering.. i meant IX ok i think that has been covered a few times now.. and i dont knwo how to go back and fix it.
third i drove a 12 second mustang so i would consider that a fast car...

Noone gave him a straight answer. I dont think the 9 is worth the wait if you need a new car now. New bumpers and a Mivec, big god damn deal. Bumpers are easy to get and well the MIvec is new and will make new cams more costly. You can get plenty of power with a non mivec motor. I would find a deal on a 2k5 evo, its the same thing except for the above mentioned and you dont have to wait long and worry about a gay markup.

Absinthe
04-05-2005, 12:56 PM

just out of curiosity, what job are you going to be “supervising” in? and getting a part time job?

As a rule of thumb, if your car payment (or your total debt for every month) is more than 40% of your income, technically you are living a lifestyle you cannot afford. Financially you are putting yourself more at risk of losing everything. And if you need a 2nd job to secure paying for a car (assuming that’s what you are trying to say based on what you said), then obviously it is too much for you.

That said, what I pay for in total(everything included) for every month is no more than 34% of what I earn monthly. And even at that, I still find myself pinching pennies every now and then. Its never easy.

Not to be mean, but after looking at what you indicated, in my opinion the Evo isn’t the car for you. At least, not yet.

I assume that 34% all in is for your car/insurance/gas/repair allowance?

Absinthe
04-05-2005, 01:03 PM
i would get a deal on an 04 or 05 If your into fast the money you save can be used for some basic mods like safc/injectors or stage 1 from some where this will give you more power than a 9 and a car sooner for less. plus if you buy by end of april you still get free maintenance after that it stops.

whiteJDMevo
04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
thanks for the help guys.. thats the kinda help i was looking for.. so most likely ill be getting an eight the eight

Macky
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
I assume that 34% all in is for your car/insurance/gas/repair allowance?

No, that is what I just spend paying bills (credit card, rent, phone) and the car. The thing about the guidelines from the bank are to make room for other unforeseen expenses, on top of what you normally spend for (or that take up a constant portion of your income).

Working for a bankruptcy firm has a way of changing your views on expenses/spending

IrwinEVO
04-17-2005, 06:11 PM
If you get an EVO (regardless of model) please note that most Ins. Co. are now aware of the EVO capabilities (stock / aftermarket). There is a way around this, but that's like so illegal. Another thing to consider is annual maintenance cost. It isn't cheap to own the car of your dreams. A simple oil change w/filter will cost you a bill at most dealerships (that's if you take it to them)...Don't even get me started on the tires. Either way good luck...

whiteJDMevo
04-18-2005, 09:14 AM
yeah i know but im willing to put up with the extra cost... and i wont be driving the evo every day because i will be driving around 70 miles a day and i want to keep the evo in good shape for a long time...
i have a svt focus that i will be drive noramlly and the evo when i want to have a good time.

MAFIOSO8
04-18-2005, 04:34 PM
i dont think i can wait for the IX and i dont think i want to spend the extra money on it.. im dying to get an evo.. i get to drive my friends evo a good amount and i love the thing.. i have a SVT focus right now and that thing is ok for daily driving but way to slow. i need something fast and fun\
is a used XIII a dumb idea or would the money saved by buying used be worth it get the XVIIXIVIXIVIIVVIXIX!