PDA

View Full Version : slow motorcyclists on canyon roads..

BUDLoNG
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
every single time i go out, i end up getting behind a guy on a motorcycle who feels he is the designated speed patrol and wont move a foot over to let me pass. Ive tried, high beams, honking, even tailgatting.. nothing seems to work.. what works for u?
BUDLoNG

EvoPwr
04-04-2005, 05:19 PM
LOL wow that sucks.

Absinthe
04-04-2005, 05:25 PM
every single time i go out, i end up getting behind a guy on a motorcycle who feels he is the designated speed patrol and wont move a foot over to let me pass. Ive tried, high beams, honking, even tailgatting.. nothing seems to work.. what works for u?
BUDLoNG

Boost

rammsteinmatt
04-04-2005, 05:30 PM
boost and the inside (wrong side) of a turn. make sure no cars are comming first :D

Knower
04-04-2005, 05:48 PM
boost and the inside (wrong side) of a turn. make sure no cars are comming first :D

:roll:

How about pulling over, listening to some music for a few minutes, then pulling back onto the canyon roads, free of motorcycles? Why risk two lives, really? You accidentally hit the motorcyclist, the cops are going to throw you in jail if anyone witnesses it.

Absinthe
04-04-2005, 05:50 PM

:roll:

How about pulling over, listening to some music for a few minutes, then pulling back onto the canyon roads, free of motorcycles? Why risk two lives, really? You accidentally hit the motorcyclist, the cops are going to throw you in jail if anyone witnesses it.

must we always be so serious and responsible? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST thats why we bought turbos.

j_nizzle
04-04-2005, 06:06 PM
run him over...teach him to ride speed limit!

nurb2
04-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Get as close to him as possible until he gets scared into moving. They spook easily for obvious reasons.

-nurb2-

rammsteinmatt
04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
me not being serious about risking lives.....

Get as close to him as possible until he gets scared into moving. They spook easily for obvious reasons.

-nurb2-

mine paled in comparison to this. and plus when is pushing your car to the limit on a canyon road safe, whether it be closed or not?

BUDLoNG
04-04-2005, 06:51 PM
i dont wanna kill anybody.. and passing on a double yellow lined canyon road.. is not something i care to do..

thus my cow catcher idea is a no go..
BUDLoNG

nurb2
04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
me not being serious about risking lives.....

-nurb2-
mine paled in comparison to this. and plus when is pushing your car to the limit on a canyon road safe, whether it be closed or not?

If you think thats bad, browse a few sport bike forums and see what they do when they get held up by a car. They love talking shit about kicking the side of the car as they go by, hitting them with pipes, etc.

Generally it's the Harley guys who hold up traffic and won't move. Most guys on sport bikes seem to get out of the way ... if they are riding slow enough to hold up cars they aren't that good and they know it.

-nurb2-

leaveit2bevo
04-04-2005, 09:21 PM
most people on canyon roads are assholes and never pull over, I was in the canyons on sunday and caught up to a slow STi who wouldnt let me pass he sucked at driving I had a previa in front of me ealier that was going faster.

rino
04-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I agree with Absinthe, use your boost to overtake on a safe legal straight away lol

evod
04-05-2005, 02:23 AM
guys...please don't pressure bikes too much on canyon roads. those experienced riders that know how to ride...probably won't be holding anyone up. the squids who are up there for the first few times tend to be too nervous to let a hand go to even wave someone by. i've known a few guys who flew off 150ft cliffs or get dragged under a truck...its not cool. everyone's out to have a good time....so just have a good time. for those who kick/bang/ding cars going by....when a cage(car) slips and slides....a ding or broken bumper going into the side of a wall usually occurs. for a biker....a mistake typically means a life. keep that in mind the next time when you tail a 150lb rider on a 400lb bike while driving a 3300lb car.....

Absinthe
04-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Goddamn moral police we are JOKING

I own a bike...

Skiracer
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
In NJ, the guys on sportbikes carry a pocketfull of ball bearings. If someone cuts the biker off, the biker speeds in front of the car and then throws out the ball bearings towards the car behind it. I assume the ball bearings can do quite a lot of damage at 50MPH +

flipryder21
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
hmm.... just got to be patient, sometimes the slow ones are new in the canyons. Just wait till he gives you the okay to pass. Do not tail them or honk at them, they will only ride alot slower just to piss you off. let them ride there own pace eventually they will let you pass in a safe manner. :D

trackmango
05-26-2005, 08:21 PM
If you have go completely in to the upcoming lane while passing, make sure you have enough clearence to change lane back in, and no popo around, then you should be fine. Have anticipation if the car/bike you are passing starts to speed up.

gofaster87
05-26-2005, 08:28 PM
In NJ, the guys on sportbikes carry a pocketfull of ball bearings. If someone cuts the biker off, the biker speeds in front of the car and then throws out the ball bearings towards the car behind it. I assume the ball bearings can do quite a lot of damage at 50MPH +

Hmm if that happened to me Id have to buy another new front end for my car because that fuckers bars would be stuck in my cf hood when I was done.

Cr0mster
05-26-2005, 10:58 PM

I would carry nuts and bolts in my pockets when I had my bike! Works like a charm.

BUDLoNG
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
your nuts and bolts might fuck up the car.. but when i "loose control" and run you over.. you wont be laughing..

Cr0mster
06-01-2005, 03:52 AM
That is why you do it to cars that have no chance of ever catching you ;)

WavMixer
06-01-2005, 08:16 AM
guys...please don't pressure bikes too much on canyon roads. those experienced riders that know how to ride...probably won't be holding anyone up. the squids who are up there for the first few times tend to be too nervous to let a hand go to even wave someone by. i've known a few guys who flew off 150ft cliffs or get dragged under a truck...its not cool. everyone's out to have a good time....so just have a good time. for those who kick/bang/ding cars going by....when a cage(car) slips and slides....a ding or broken bumper going into the side of a wall usually occurs. for a biker....a mistake typically means a life. keep that in mind the next time when you tail a 150lb rider on a 400lb bike while driving a 3300lb car..... GREAT ADVISE!!!

EVO IX
10-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Be careful out there guys everyone is a noob at some point.
Look what happen to this guy...cagers get spooked too..*

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/wrxcrash.wmv

nurb2
10-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Be careful out there guys everyone is a noob at some point.
Look what happen to this guy...cagers get spooked too..

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/photogallery/albums/JBSBLOWNC5/Pics/wrxcrash.wmv

Damn. The driver might have been spooked by the bike, but he crashed because he sucked at driving ... good thing he's OK and hopefully he buys a Honda next time.

-nurb2-

Miss Evo8
10-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Listen here! My BF rides a bike and frequents the canyons! The thought of some idiot getting upset because the cant pass a bike ticks me off! The guy was probably new in the canyon and just getting to know his bike and probably didn't know the "Rules". The experienced riders will move over and let you pass when it is safe. As for honking and flashing lights that is the dumbest thing ever that guy could have easily fallen and you could have run him over!!! Since i know everyone here is a Serious "Touge Racer" and you are all trying out for Initial D part 2 give the inexperienced canyon drivers a brake ok? someone can get seriously hurt or die up there! Sorry to go "off" but I have a loved one and a lot of friends that ride bikes and they are up in the So Cal canyons every weekend! and by the way its FUCKING embarrassing when they come back and tell me some fellow Evo driver was up there acting like an idiot! we drive Evo's not Hondas........ so act like it please!

nurb2
10-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Listen here! My BF rides a bike and frequents the canyons! The thought of some idiot getting upset because the cant pass a bike ticks me off! The guy was probably new in the canyon and just getting to know his bike and probably didn't know the "Rules". The experienced riders will move over and let you pass when it is safe. As for honking and flashing lights that is the dumbest thing ever that guy could have easily fallen and you could have run him over!!! Since i know everyone here is a Serious "Touge Racer" and you are all trying out for Initial D part 2 give the inexperienced canyon drivers a brake ok? someone can get seriously hurt or die up there! Sorry to go "off" but I have a loved one and a lot of friends that ride bikes and they are up in the So Cal canyons every weekend! and by the way its FUCKING embarrassing when they come back and tell me some fellow Evo driver was up there acting like an idiot! we drive Evo's not Hondas........ so act like it please!

If they are inexperienced, they should not even be in the canyons. That's no place to learn how to ride a sport bike (or to learn how to drive an Evo for that matter).

If they are slow, they should move over. Period. Same with cars. Hell, most canyons have signs every few miles instructing slow traffic to move over. Skip a couple of those and people behind tend to get irritated ...

-nurb2-

Miss Evo8
10-29-2005, 01:30 AM
True I agreee with the sign part. When my Evo was new I went for a lot of leisure drives up in the canyons getting to know my car. I did move over for faster cars and I noticed it is usually the "Harley" guys that will refuse to move at all. As for not learning up in the canyon....... That is the gayest shit I have ever heard! Every road is a place to learn. Be it highway, track, canyon, fwy or stop and go traffic! And that applies to cars and bikes.

nurb2
10-29-2005, 09:00 AM
True I agreee with the sign part. When my Evo was new I went for a lot of leisure drives up in the canyons getting to know my car. I did move over for faster cars and I noticed it is usually the "Harley" guys that will refuse to move at all. As for not learning up in the canyon....... That is the gayest shit I have ever heard! Every road is a place to learn. Be it highway, track, canyon, fwy or stop and go traffic! And that applies to cars and bikes.

The Harley guys are bad, especially on Santiago and that area. Fortunately they are easy to pass.

As for the gayest shit you've ever heard, well I didn't realize I was such a flaming homo. The canyons are no place to try and drive fast when trying to learn the car/bike. Is that less gay?

IMO the two biggest dangers in the canyons are people who can't drive fast and think they can (the inexperienced) and people who are experienced but overconfident/cocky.

Just watch the video 5 posts up to see a guy who has no reason to drive fast in the canyons. He's trying to stay ahead of an experienced driver in a Corvette, he brakes at all the wrong spots, enters corners too hot, crosses the center line a couple of times and eventually ends up in the wall. He got lucky nothing was coming around that corner and lucky there was a wall in his way and not a 2,000 foot drop.

Sorry, but I've had too many close calls with people crossing center lines etc. to have much sympathy for idiots in the canyons, bikes or cars.

-nurb2-

Miss Evo8
10-29-2005, 11:05 AM

The Harley guys are bad, especially on Santiago and that area. Fortunately they are easy to pass.

As for the gayest shit you've ever heard, well I didn't realize I was such a flaming homo. The canyons are no place to try and drive fast when trying to learn the car/bike. Is that less gay?

IMO the two biggest dangers in the canyons are people who can't drive fast and think they can (the inexperienced) and people who are experienced but overconfident/cocky.

Just watch the video 5 posts up to see a guy who has no reason to drive fast in the canyons. He's trying to stay ahead of an experienced driver in a Corvette, he brakes at all the wrong spots, enters corners too hot, crosses the center line a couple of times and eventually ends up in the wall. He got lucky nothing was coming around that corner and lucky there was a wall in his way and not a 2,000 foot drop.

Sorry, but I've had too many close calls with people crossing center lines etc. to have much sympathy for idiots in the canyons, bikes or cars.

-nurb2-

Gay=Stupid, lame not Homosexual.
I never said anything about going fast myself. "Racing" in the canyon is retarded. I too have had close calls with idiots trying to play Initial D for real ...... and the "GAYEST" shit is they can not drive for shit! I don't claim to be a great driver because I know I am not. I am always learning and looking for tips and advice.
But I still disagree about learning in the canyon! You don't have to drive fast to learn! ;)

Knower
10-29-2005, 02:25 PM
If you're not trying to get anywhere in the canyons and instead are just trying to enjoy them, what does it hurt to pull over for a few minutes until the road is clear?

EvoPwr
10-29-2005, 02:26 PM
If you're not trying to get anywhere in the canyons and instead are just trying to enjoy them, what does it hurt to pull over for a few minutes until the road is clear?

sounds like an easy solution O0

BUDLoNG
10-31-2005, 11:23 AM
u pull over for a few minutes,.,.., and u either catch up the that slow ass motocyle 6 turns later.. or someother lame ass gets in front of you while u are waiting..
BUDLoNG

3vo2005
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
I say you run that SOB OVER!!!!!!!!

..... jk

What I do is pull over like some other people stated or try going when there is less traffic, not sure when that is but I'm sure there are some hours when there are less people.

apexstrafer
11-01-2005, 11:18 AM
if motorcyclists are in your way very often, then you're going to the wrong canyons at the wrong times.