PDA

View Full Version : New GSR!!!

genrec
04-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Yah i posted this else where, but on Sunday i hooked up with a 05 white GSR. Loving every minute of it so far!!

However has anyone else had this issue, i went to wash it today and noticed it was pretty rough, definately needed some wax, so my ass was out there for a few hours pullin some karate kid wax on-waxoff style!!!

Is that typical of the EVO???

Macky
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
thats just fallout, you need to clay it.

welcome!

EVO Neil
04-05-2005, 11:28 PM
thats just fallout, you need to clay it.

welcome!

Yup, clay it before you wax.

genrec
04-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Man, ive only waxed cars before , ive never ever seen a clay bar before.
So is the claybar like waxing inna circular motion??? Then wax?

I can buy a claybar im assuming at any automotive place, is there a best kind to buy, what brands?

EVO Neil
04-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Man, ive only waxed cars before , ive never ever seen a clay bar before.
So is the claybar like waxing inna circular motion??? Then wax?

I can buy a claybar im assuming at any automotive place, is there a best kind to buy, what brands?

Mothers makes a clay bar as does Mequiars. It takes between fifteen and thirty minutes to clay your whole vehicle. Most of the time will be spent on the horizontal surfaces. Spray lots of lubricant as you clay and listen. You'll hear and feel when the area is clear of contaminants. It'll sound like sand paper at first and then smooth out as the debris is removed. Trust me it is so worth it.

EVO Neil
04-06-2005, 09:06 AM
I can't believe we still have this posted on-line. I did this story a few years ago. Follow the link:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/care/112_0304_cc/index.html

Enjoy!

ovenmit331
04-06-2005, 09:18 AM
I can't believe we still have this posted on-line. I did this story a few years ago. Follow the link:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/care/112_0304_cc/index.html

Enjoy!

do you just keep using the same side of the clay bar?

flip it over?

how malleable is it?

can you reform it to bring out a fresh clay surface?

Do you need to wash it again after claybarring, since there will probably be residue left from the bar and spray?

genrec
04-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks, im def gonna do it.