PDA

View Full Version : Thumbsdown to Gruppe-S

airforce1
04-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Guys,

Some of you in the SoCal community may have heard about my Helix exhaust issues. Because of a manufacturing defect, I had rear bumper melt. Many other have had the same problem as well. If you ever are thinking about the Helix exhaust, I think you should wait until they have the defects fixed or simply move on to another exhaust. I tried to press Gruppe-S into covering the cost of a new bumper. Well, looks like Gary@Gruppe-S is playing dirty. I know some of you have bought products from them and that they are one of the major Evo vendors online. Beware....

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=1863242#post1863242

Capt John Kim, US Air Force

DoCoMo
04-15-2005, 12:44 AM
your lucky they answered you, i emailed them about some canards
and they never responded :?:

toku-one
04-15-2005, 12:52 AM
damn, that sucks, ive never had a problem with them and ive done a lot of business with cal.

airforce1
04-15-2005, 01:28 AM
docomo,

Was it a problem with the canards, customer service, or something else?

DoCoMo
04-15-2005, 01:36 AM
i just wanted a relpy on the stock status of them thats it

Blaze
04-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Guys,

Some of you in the SoCal community may have heard about my Helix exhaust issues. Because of a manufacturing defect, I had rear bumper melt. Many other have had the same problem as well. If you ever are thinking about the Helix exhaust, I think you should wait until they have the defects fixed or simply move on to another exhaust. I tried to press Gruppe-S into covering the cost of a new bumper. Well, looks like Gary@Gruppe-S is playing dirty. I know some of you have bought products from them and that they are one of the major Evo vendors online. Beware....

Did Group S install your exhaust?

If they did, you may assume that it was improperly mounted and because of this, your bumper melted.

But if you puchased the product from them and installed it yourself, I really don't see how/why you would hold the retailer responsible. If I was group-S, I might file a warranty claim with Helix or just hand you the number and have you deal with them.

Blaze

Also, one more question. Are you running a straight pipe with no cat? That usually heats up your muffler and can melt bumpers. Most people use heat sheilds to prevent the bumper from melting at the exhaust port.

EVOate909
04-15-2005, 11:20 AM
go contact cal of gruppe-s...from what i understand there is going to be a recall on the exhaust and helix mite even cough up for the rear bumper

i do business with gruppe-s all the time...they have been always good to me :)

airforce1
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Guys,

Did Group S install your exhaust?

If they did, you may assume that it was improperly mounted and because of this, your bumper melted.

But if you puchased the product from them and installed it yourself, I really don't see how/why you would hold the retailer responsible. If I was group-S, I might file a warranty claim with Helix or just hand you the number and have you deal with them.

Blaze

Also, one more question. Are you running a straight pipe with no cat? That usually heats up your muffler and can melt bumpers. Most people use heat sheilds to prevent the bumper from melting at the exhaust port.

Blaze,

If you read the thread, Vish** ordered the exhaust as part of their Stage 1+. I did not install it. Tuning Tech installed it correctly but the exhaust was leaning left. The fact of the matter is Gruppe-S has admitted a manufacturing defect where the hangers were welded on the pipe incorrectly. There are many people in the same situation as myself with rear bumper melt. I am running a cat so that is not the issue.

The point I was trying to make in the thread is that Vish** has taken care of me. Gruppe-S was not willing to do so, even though they are the lead US distributor. So if your vendor turned down your warranty claim and then you turn to Gruppe-S, then you're fucked. Gary then proceeds to slander me and that's when I respond. He has answered every question except one: will rear bumper damage be covered?

In any case, my phone conversation with him did not inspire any confidence. He misrepresents me, leaves PMs and emails unanswered, and then backtracks his statements and apologizes when I confront him on the EvoM board. That is why I won't be buying from Gruppe-S ever again.

blitzkrgCT9A
04-15-2005, 01:06 PM
If you read closely of that thread in evom, you will see gruppe-s stated that they are taking this issue case by case. And since you have already been taken care of by Vish***. I really don't know what you are trying to do by calling gruppe-s.

Blaze
04-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Blaze,

If you read the thread, Vish** ordered the exhaust as part of their Stage 1+. I did not install it. Tuning Tech installed it correctly but the exhaust was leaning left. The fact of the matter is Gruppe-S has admitted a manufacturing defect where the hangers were welded on the pipe incorrectly. There are many people in the same situation as myself with rear bumper melt. I am running a cat so that is not the issue.

The point I was trying to make in the thread is that Vish** has taken care of me. Gruppe-S was not willing to do so, even though they are the lead US distributor. So if your vendor turned down your warranty claim and then you turn to Gruppe-S, then you're fucked. Gary then proceeds to slander me and that's when I respond. He has answered every question except one: will rear bumper damage be covered?

In any case, my phone conversation with him did not inspire any confidence. He misrepresents me, leaves PMs and emails unanswered, and then backtracks his statements and apologizes when I confront him on the EvoM board. That is why I won't be buying from Gruppe-S ever again.

lol, Mr. President.

No, I didn't read the evoM thread. That's why I posed the question. I stay as far away from that forum as possible.

I still disagree where you are placing the blame. Responsibility and customer service are two different things. But that's just IMHO and it neither here nor there.

Thanks for the heads up on the product.
And lesson learned (the hard way): Always inspect the product after it's been installed.

Good luck in finding a resolution for this. Sorry to hear that it happened.

Blaze

kimletrim
04-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Just FYI, most companies will not compensate you for consequential damage such as the damage to your bumper. If there is something wrong with the product itself, they will cover that under their warranty whatever that may be, but they will most likely not cover the damage that resulted from the defective part, especially if it could have been prevented. Yes, manufacturers are stingy like that so they will only replace the part and nothing else.

But hey, since Helix is doing a case by case review of the exhuast, you might get lucky.

airforce1
04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
If you read closely of that thread in evom, you will see gruppe-s stated that they are taking this issue case by case. And since you have already been taken care of by Vish***. I really don't know what you are trying to do by calling gruppe-s.

Cal (from Gruppe-S),

First, have the balls to identify yourself. Second, read the thread. I called Gruppe-S because my PMs and posts weren't being answered. EvoM members have already identified the exact same bumper damage. I got it covered. I asked Gruppe-S if they would do the same as well. Gary said no. That means if i bought it straight from you guys I would have been fucked. Simple as that. Then he starts a flame war. Not me.

People are accusing me of harassing Gruppe-S, trolling for Vish**, etc. Far from the truth. I just want Gruppe-S to be accountable to their customers. Instead, I get flamed on EvoM by Gary.

Nice way to treat your customers Gruppe-S!!

airforce1
04-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Oh,

And by the way, Gruppe-S and Helix are the same company. So don't let them fool you by saying, "Helix has decided/said/mentioned <insert blank>"

Do a WHOIS on gruppe-s.com and Helix-power.com. You can see it for yourself by going to www.allwhois.com and inputting those domain names yourself.

Domain Name: HELIX-POWER.COM

Administrative Contact:
Huang, Gary (OBVHAYKEVI) [email protected]
6363 Christie Ave
emeryville, CA 94608
US
510-967-3488

---

Domain Name: GRUPPE-S.COM

Administrative Contact:
Huang, Gary [email protected]
6363 Christie Ave
emeryville, CA 94608
US
510-967-3488

Nebolic
04-15-2005, 09:26 PM
dayam i'm gonna go get the popcorn

:D

nebo

CT9A RS
04-16-2005, 10:25 PM
First that sux bro im sorry you got screwed that way.

Honestly when the exhaust was mounted and found to be defective from the beginning hanging to the left you should have removed it and returned it.

I have never had a bad experience with Gruppe-S before. Ive never ordered online from them. But i have gone to Gruppe-S some years ago when i still lived in the bay.

As for Gruppe-S and Helix being one and the same this is true. But i believe Helix is not solely Gruppe-S but rather a partnership with another company.

So u cant treat Gruppe-S as Helix in that they are two different companies persay although both companies do happen to have some of the same employees.

And lastly this is another reason why i dont buy imitation, fake, replica, copied products. Go to the source. You get what you pay for.

But im sorry u had a bad experience. If you still need more you should just take a cruise to the east bay and pay Gruppe-S a visit.

soyboi
04-17-2005, 03:56 AM
come on guys... That picture of the bumper burn isn't that bad at all just a little bit mess up. I if you going to mod your car then something is going to be wrong i mean not alot but just alittle. For instant some guy just put his exhaust on and then went to the dealer saying my dash rattle... Is the exhaust that cause it. If you don't want anything to be wrong then keep it stock. Don't mod thing when you expect everything to run smooth and look the same. I mean if half of your bumper is gone of something bigger then complaint otherwise that thing is just a little bit mess up, that why they make a heatsheil. -kenny

gofaster87
04-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Ive never had a problem with them. If you installed the exhaust yourself then the blame falls on you as a few others have said. If you had removed the exhaust after seeing it was defective there would be no damaged bumper but you chose to leave it on. As it has been since the end of time; if you install a part yourself and not have it done by an authorized or qualified dealer then the company is not responsible for the consequences. It is like this with many industries, not just automotive. Please dont bring the Evom drama over here, we have enough drama with gayku and beaver.

Blaze
04-17-2005, 11:42 AM
I think he said Tuning Technologies installed the part.
But how can you NOT notice the tip so dangerously close to the bumper?

The exhaust should have either been adjusted or removed before the car was collected. Issues like this are easily avoided if you pay closer attention to the product and/or work being done. (no offence intended, it's just a general statement).

Blaze

snoop
04-17-2005, 12:12 PM
FYI

HELIX products are made by SP engineering!!!!

http://www.sp-power.com/aboutsp.htm

blitzkrgCT9A
05-04-2005, 12:18 AM

Cal (from Gruppe-S),

First, have the balls to identify yourself. Second, read the thread. I called Gruppe-S because my PMs and posts weren't being answered. EvoM members have already identified the exact same bumper damage. I got it covered. I asked Gruppe-S if they would do the same as well. Gary said no. That means if i bought it straight from you guys I would have been fucked. Simple as that. Then he starts a flame war. Not me.

People are accusing me of harassing Gruppe-S, trolling for Vish**, etc. Far from the truth. I just want Gruppe-S to be accountable to their customers. Instead, I get flamed on EvoM by Gary.

I am sure everyone on here knows I go by this username. Gruppe-S is not a paid vendor at Socalevo.net therefore the name is not used here.. :)

And FYI, I did replied your pms and brought your issue to Gary. But since you did not purchase the exhaust from us. It is not our responsibility to deal with you directly. Rather its between you and vihs. And that was resolved because vihs himself said he'd just take care of it, which he did. And we thanked him and offered compensation for his effort.

And quite frankly, there were only 3 people, yup thats right, ONLY total of 3 people filed the warranty claim w/ us in regards to this same issue. And all have been taken care of case by case w/o much hassle. If thats not being responsible to take care of our customers, I don't know what that is.
Its people like you we can refuse to offer our service.

I just found it hilarious that you still want to stir shit up even after vihS had already replaced the bumper for you. What else do you want???
:lol:

alex_alex
05-04-2005, 12:34 AM
FYI

HELIX products are made by SP engineering!!!!

http://www.sp-power.com/aboutsp.htm

where on that page does it say that?

airforce1
05-04-2005, 01:52 AM

Cal (from Gruppe-S),

I am sure everyone on here knows I go by this username. Gruppe-S is not a paid vendor at Socalevo.net therefore the name is not used here.. :)

And FYI, I did replied your pms and brought your issue to Gary. But since you did not purchase the exhaust from us. It is not our responsibility to deal with you directly. Rather its between you and vihs. And that was resolved because vihs himself said he'd just take care of it, which he did. And we thanked him and offered compensation for his effort.

And quite frankly, there were only 3 people, yup thats right, ONLY total of 3 people filed the warranty claim w/ us in regards to this same issue. And all have been taken care of case by case w/o much hassle. If thats not being responsible to take care of our customers, I don't know what that is.

I just found it hilarious that you still want to stir shit up even after vihS had already replaced the bumper for you. What else do you want???

okay, all my fuckin guns are out, Cal. First of all, the fact that I have been taken care of HAS NO BEARING ON HELIX PRODUCTS, got it? Helix has piece of shit exhausts which I posted on the (other) forum.

I am currently talking to 5 other people who have not turned in their warranty papers as of yet, either b/c they think its too much trouble or they can't fuckin wait 2 months for a new one. that's right, 2 whole fuckin months for a new exhaust.

Oh, and by the way the defective exhausts are being sold RIGHT NOW on the *other* forum, which I happen to post a warning on this thread:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=135028

Oh, and it gets better. The moderator (who happens to have bought a bunch of cusco stuff from you AND therefore impartial) cleans it up. Oh, and guess what else? A thread that was titled "Helix sucks" is no longer searchable on the other forum. Yup, totally erased. I do have some respect for you, Cal....the one thing I have admired about you and Gary is that you have the moderators by the balls. Money sure talks.

Oh, and Cal, exactly where is Helix Japan ? You can't tell me because it doesn't exist although you guys tout it here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=45590

Who is your lead materials engineer? Where is their address in Japan? Is Fremont, CA in Japan? Haha, you even try to cover your butts with a Helix Japan website but where's the Kanji?? You fuckin morons...

http://www.helix-power.co.jp/

What we have here is a misdesigned exhaust system that you guys are fabricating here in the US or perhaps China and falsely marketed as "JDM". You fuckin piece of shit vendor. Your business ethics and tact are non-existent. That is why you are not wanted here.

"Its people like you we can refuse to offer our service"

Exactly. Bad customer service, Cal. Thanks for making that point for me.

Cal, and Gary (if you're reading this), you have much explaining to do, allowing other vendors to sell overstock Helix exhausts. Like I said, money talks. Hey, and one last thing. After they are all sold if you need help putting together all the warranty papers, make sure you call me. I can help.

Damn, I am fuckin pissed.

airforce1
05-04-2005, 02:07 AM
come on guys... That picture of the bumper burn isn't that bad at all just a little bit mess up. I if you going to mod your car then something is going to be wrong i mean not alot but just alittle. For instant some guy just put his exhaust on and then went to the dealer saying my dash rattle... Is the exhaust that cause it. If you don't want anything to be wrong then keep it stock. Don't mod thing when you expect everything to run smooth and look the same. I mean if half of your bumper is gone of something bigger then complaint otherwise that thing is just a little bit mess up, that why they make a heatsheil. -kenny

Kenny, I don't have dash rattle and i don't need a heat shield for an exhaust that clears the bumper 2"-3"

Smogrunner
05-04-2005, 08:26 AM
John,
Remind me to never get on your bad side.
Smoggy

EVO908
05-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Ok I must say I am rather confused.

I wont spit names but my best friend sent in his warranty claim form and was told if he wanted a new exhaust, it would be a 2 month wait, this was about 3 weeks ago. Ok so JUNE.

Strangely enough there is a "HELIX EXHAUST BLOWOUT SALE" going on over at EvoM. Now that makes 1 of 2 things possible:

1) The defective cat-backs are still being sold
*which would be absolutely unacceptable*
or

2) The new batch of Helix exhausts is here with no defect.
*However if this is true, then why is my friend waiting another month for his "new" exhaust system?

If someone could explain that to me, thatd be GREAT.

Steve
03 EVO (still stock!)

kimletrim
05-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Damn, I think there might be a defective batch witht the Helix. I saw another Evo owner's Helix (just bought) and right from the start, it melted a part of the bumper.

At least with WEAPON R and their "engine dampener", they publicly admitted that they desgined a flange wrong and offered customers to replace the defective part. :D

ovenmit331
05-04-2005, 09:35 AM
wow, talk about a "heated" discussion. HA HA Ha-orrible pun, I know.

Kilterman
05-04-2005, 01:56 PM

Cal (from Gruppe-S),

okay, all my fuckin guns are out, Cal. First of all, the fact that I have been taken care of HAS NO BEARING ON HELIX PRODUCTS, got it? Helix has piece of shit exhausts which I posted on the (other) forum.

I am currently talking to 5 other people who have not turned in their warranty papers as of yet, either b/c they think its too much trouble or they can't fuckin wait 2 months for a new one. that's right, 2 whole fuckin months for a new exhaust.

Oh, and by the way the defective exhausts are being sold RIGHT NOW on the *other* forum, which I happen to post a warning on this thread:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=135028

Oh, and it gets better. The moderator (who happens to have bought a bunch of cusco stuff from you AND therefore impartial) cleans it up. Oh, and guess what else? A thread that was titled "Helix sucks" is no longer searchable on the other forum. Yup, totally erased. I do have some respect for you, Cal....the one thing I have admired about you and Gary is that you have the moderators by the balls. Money sure talks.

Oh, and Cal, exactly where is Helix Japan ? You can't tell me because it doesn't exist although you guys tout it here:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=45590

Who is your lead materials engineer? Where is their address in Japan? Is Fremont, CA in Japan? Haha, you even try to cover your butts with a Helix Japan website but where's the Kanji?? You fuckin morons...

http://www.helix-power.co.jp/

What we have here is a misdesigned exhaust system that you guys are fabricating here in the US or perhaps China and falsely marketed as "JDM". You fuckin piece of shit vendor. Your business ethics and tact are non-existent. That is why you are not wanted here.

"Its people like you we can refuse to offer our service"

Exactly. Bad customer service, Cal. Thanks for making that point for me.

Cal, and Gary (if you're reading this), you have much explaining to do, allowing other vendors to sell overstock Helix exhausts. Like I said, money talks. Hey, and one last thing. After they are all sold if you need help putting together all the warranty papers, make sure you call me. I can help.

Damn, I am fuckin pissed.

wow. this is interesting stuff.

I bought my helix exhaust from gruppe-S and it melted my bumper aswell , I had the muffler shop "heat up" the pipe to bent it near center ( later moved back) not really pissed because the performance is still there and the tone is aweso,e but misrepresenting a product is a completely different issue. thats just wrong,

about EvOm the only reason I stay there is because the sheer number of Evo members and with those numbers yu get a very good source of opinions.

one thing I might add in johns defense is that EVOM is ran like a business , EVOM covers up all vendor mishaps by deleting threads , banning members and threatening to ban members if they dont desist from making the mishaps public.

Its all most like the EVOM MODS and ADMINs Brainwash their members into thinking that they should only support evom vendors , granted their are alot of vendors there who FKN rock (buschur to name one) but there is something up with the way EVOm is ran

Absinthe
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Whatever, sell enough shit you piss someone off. Especially when what you are selling is cheap.

As for the guys waiting for replacemnts thats just the way it happens you'll get your when they aren't selling like hotcakes any more.

John I am sorry to here this happened to to you and that they aren't helping you resolve the issue professionally, just realize at this point the approach you have taken is not unlike a scorched earth policy. They will write you off, but at least you get the satisfation of "exposing" them.

airforce1
05-04-2005, 05:37 PM
John,
Smoggy

Sorry smog,

Just had to get it out of my system b/c Gruppe-S and the moderators completely hijacked my post on their forum. I am normally cool as a cucumber... :wink:

Absinthe
05-04-2005, 05:42 PM
John,
Smoggy

Sorry smog,

Just had to get it out of my system b/c Gruppe-S and the moderators completely hijacked my post on their forum. I am normally cool as a cucumber... :wink:

That does suck about EvoM although I think its a shame that no money is made off this site, it could prove a nice supllemental income for the guys who devote so much time to it.

airforce1
05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
John,
Smoggy

Sorry smog,

That does suck about EvoM although I think its a shame that no money is made off this site, it could prove a nice supllemental income for the guys who devote so much time to it.

Right. I met Rob and he seems like a very cool guy. I know he has placed a great deal of energy putting this together and I have enjoyed socalevo.net from day one. Very cool guys and its great to meet with the torrance and OC crew once in awhile.

EvoM, on the other hand, has left a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps I was naive in to thinking it would be a great forum. But in the end, it's another forum taken over by vendors (and I do remember a moderator resigning b/c of what he saw was vendor interference in member posts). Sad.

xxfairenoughxx
05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
I read through most of the conversation on evoM and from my perspective it seems like Cal and Gary are trying their best to get this person's problem resolved and that he just keeps on bringing it up over and over and won't leave well enough alone, even though his problem has already been fixed. It seems like he's out on a rampage to make sure Gruppe-S goes out of business or something. Bad stuff happend, now it's fixed....Let it go.

BOVBILLY
05-04-2005, 06:23 PM
THIS IS MY OPINION, MY OPINION ONLY.

ANY AFTERMARKET PART I BUY FOR THE CAR AND IT FAILS, IT IS NOT THE PERSON WHO SOLD IT TO ME FAULT.

THEY MIGHT BE HANDLING THE CLAIM FOR THE MANUFACTURER, BUT IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT.

I WOULD CONTACT HELIX DIRECTLY AND TALK TO THEM. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, YOU ARE FUCKED.

HARD LESSON EARNED, BUT A GOOD LESSON EARNED.

IT IS NOT THE FAULT NOR SHOULD THE SHOP WHO SOLD YOU THE PRODUCT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. IT IS THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRODUCT. UNLESS, THE SHOP INSTALLED IT WRONG AND THEN MANUFACTURER CAN PROVE THAT.

I WOULD LOOK AT THIS AS A CHANCE, TO GET A BITCHIN NEW REAR BUMPER. PERHAPS C-WEST OR SOMETHING TRICK. YEAH, MIGHT BE A HASSLE TO DO, BUT WE OWN AN EVO. PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE!

airforce1
05-04-2005, 07:03 PM
I read through most of the conversation on evoM and from my perspective it seems like Cal and Gary are trying their best to get this person's problem resolved and that he just keeps on bringing it up over and over and won't leave well enough alone, even though his problem has already been fixed. It seems like he's out on a rampage to make sure Gruppe-S goes out of business or something. Bad stuff happend, now it's fixed....Let it go.

Fair,

I have no beef with you and I am the most evenkeeled person. Meet me during the OC or torrance meets and I think you will agree.

As for your post, I would have to respectfully disagree. The fact of the matter is that Gruppe-S is trying to push these defective exhauts to an unsuspecting public. I think anyone who was about to purchase the Helix has the right to know. Wouldn't you? The problem I am having is that my posts are being erased to protect Gruppe-S and I take issue with that.

As for taking down Gruppe-S, I think you are giving me too much credit. I find no joy in slamming Gruppe-S. But when someone is instigating a PR war against me and covering up the fact that the exhaust are being sold NOW, THAT I take issue with.

I have already said my peace on the *other forum* and it is water under the bridge. I say again, the fact that I have already been taken care of has NO BEARING ON HOW CRAPPY HELIX EXHAUSTS ARE. THEY JUST ARE. (Sorry Billy I'm turning into CAPS LOCK kinda guy :lol: ). But please don't slam me for doing the responsible thing and warning others. My 2 cents.

airforce1
05-04-2005, 07:07 PM

ANY AFTERMARKET PART I BUY FOR THE CAR AND IT FAILS, IT IS NOT THE PERSON WHO SOLD IT TO ME FAULT.

THEY MIGHT BE HANDLING THE CLAIM FOR THE MANUFACTURER, BUT IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT.

I WOULD CONTACT HELIX DIRECTLY AND TALK TO THEM. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, YOU ARE FUCKED.

IT IS NOT THE FAULT NOR SHOULD THE SHOP WHO SOLD YOU THE PRODUCT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IT. IT IS THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRODUCT. UNLESS, THE SHOP INSTALLED IT WRONG AND THEN MANUFACTURER CAN PROVE THAT.

I WOULD LOOK AT THIS AS A CHANCE, TO GET A BITCHIN NEW REAR BUMPER. PERHAPS C-WEST OR SOMETHING TRICK. YEAH, MIGHT BE A HASSLE TO DO, BUT WE OWN AN EVO. PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE!

Billy,

didnt' see you at the last OC meet. Will you be there this week? As for rear bumper I personally like the Evo 9 bumper but then again Gruppe-S is doing a group buy. Now we won't go there will we? :wink:

EvoPwr
05-04-2005, 07:18 PM

Billy,

didnt' see you at the last OC meet. Will you be there this week? As for rear bumper I personally like the Evo 9 bumper but then again Gruppe-S is doing a group buy. Now we won't go there will we? :wink:

just get it from Rob :wink:

airforce1
05-04-2005, 07:23 PM
will do!!!!!!

blitzkrgCT9A
05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
John,

You are funny man..At the time of your phone call to us in regards to your bumper, you said your bumper was already getting replaced by ISHVNU. So I cant believe you are still saying your issue did not get resolved in a professonal manner. Maybe not from us directly. The key phrase here is that "you did not purchase the cat-back from us, but you got your bumper replaced by IShvnu." And I am sure he resolved it for you in a professonal manner. As for other customers w/ the same issues, like I said in the warranty claim forms, if they want a full refund, we will gladly do so. But some choose to keep the system and wait for replacement, thats fine w/ us. The only down side is that they just have to wait a lil longer because the revised units are being manufactured over-seas right now.

And thank you. I am aware of the fact that there are old batch of helix cat-backs are still floating around for sale. And the reason for these blow out sale? We tell the customer there's minor fitment issue and hence the BLOW OUT PRICE. They can take it to their local muffler shop and have the problem fix. Simple as that! Some customers don't mind spending a little less and fix that themselves.

Case closed.

blitzkrgCT9A
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
you would be surprised if you find out just about every "JDM" brands on the market are manufactured in other parts of Asia. Not in Japan anymore :lol:

airforce1
05-05-2005, 01:44 PM
John,

You are funny man..At the time of your phone call to us in regards to your bumper, you said your bumper was already getting replaced by ISHVNU. So I cant believe you are still saying your issue did not get resolved in a professonal manner. Maybe not from us directly. The key phrase here is that "you did not purchase the cat-back from us, but you got your bumper replaced by IShvnu." And I am sure he resolved it for you in a professonal manner. As for other customers w/ the same issues, like I said in the warranty claim forms, if they want a full refund, we will gladly do so. But some choose to keep the system and wait for replacement, thats fine w/ us. The only down side is that they just have to wait a lil longer because the revised units are being manufactured over-seas right now.

And thank you. I am aware of the fact that there are old batch of helix cat-backs are still floating around for sale. And the reason for these blow out sale? We tell the customer there's minor fitment issue and hence the BLOW OUT PRICE. They can take it to their local muffler shop and have the problem fix. Simple as that! Some customers don't mind spending a little less and fix that themselves.

Case closed.

Cal, case still is open when I am posting about fitment issues to potential customers and then my posts are deleted. It amounts to a cover up and the intelligent people on SoCalevo can see throught your tactics. Did the blow out sale thread ever mention fitment issues until I posted? NO! Why are you bringing this back to vish**? Fuckin get over it and deal with your warranty issues.

And as for Helix as JDM, it was NEVER EVER JDM. Helix doesn't deserve to be JDM. So shut up about other JDM companies because you are not even in the same league.

Case still open.

airforce1
05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Damn, I think there might be a defective batch witht the Helix. I saw another Evo owner's Helix (just bought) and right from the start, it melted a part of the bumper.

At least with WEAPON R and their "engine dampener", they publicly admitted that they desgined a flange wrong and offered customers to replace the defective part. :D

Kim,

Care to share who the owner is? PM me...

MyGlue
05-06-2005, 02:06 PM
And as for Helix as JDM, it was NEVER EVER JDM. Helix doesn't deserve to be JDM. So shut up about other JDM companies because you are not even in the same league.

Case still open.

I have the Helix Downpipe and track pipe. I must say that their welds are very good (probably due to the robotic welding process). Now whether or not they are "JDM" and, more importantly, what that means exactly is term coined to be used as a marketing that taps into the "fast and furious" crowd. I'm not here to say what is right or what is wrong. Just have to be able to judge for ourselves i guess. Sorry, just throwing in my two cents (and maybe fan the flames some more :) ). Life without drama would be boring, no? :lol:

Anyway, I hope everyone involved gets their issues resolved. Good luck all.

airforce1
05-06-2005, 05:43 PM

Case still open.

I have the Helix Downpipe and track pipe. I must say that their welds are very good (probably due to the robotic welding process). Now whether or not they are "JDM" and, more importantly, what that means exactly is term coined to be used as a marketing that taps into the "fast and furious" crowd. I'm not here to say what is right or what is wrong. Just have to be able to judge for ourselves i guess. Sorry, just throwing in my two cents (and maybe fan the flames some more :) ). Life without drama would be boring, no? :lol:

Anyway, I hope everyone involved gets their issues resolved. Good luck all.

Not fanning any flames. If you carefully gather the things Gruppe-S has been saying and NOT saying about their exhausts leaves me a little troubled. I remember initially bragging to people that Helix was big in Japan, it was JDM. It's not. That my friend, it false marketing and advertisement. You can say JDM "inspired" but not JDM. Now that I look back at it, I feel pretty stupid for saying so. BTW, Gruppe-S is not denying it.

airforce1
06-21-2005, 12:27 AM
The hilarity continues. They finally added Kanji to their "JDM" website. http://www.helix-power.co.jp/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and their Helix intake is a joke.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=140300&highlight=helix

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=145037&highlight=helix

Kudos again Helix/Gruppe-S!

Absinthe
06-21-2005, 10:11 AM
at least he writes JDM:

"Hi,

Where did you get the IC pipings from?

Please givem me a call tomorrow and let try to help you our. Also, you can reuse your old hose camps for now if some of the t-bolts doesn't fit. As for the compressor, you might want to unscrew it and slowly screw it in so the black pipe will fit prefectly flat with the compressory. You do not want any gap in between because boost will leak out. Word of advise...it will be much easier if you remove the starter."