PDA

View Full Version : Hallman Pro vs. Dejon

ipifiny
04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Is it worth spending the extra $50 on the hallman? Any input would be great.

kimletrim
04-15-2005, 02:28 PM
No. They do exactly the same thing. I have seen a number of Dejon MBC on Evos and still no complaints. Heck, I would even say save another 10 bucks by getting the Joe P. MBC...works well for me.

gt40
04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I owned both and they both work but the halman doesn't have a locking ring to fix your boost. Halman is "prettier". I can't believe how repeatable my dejon is- just works...

The 2 or 3 stage dejon is nice also, if you want in car setting of different boost levels.

dlieu959
04-15-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm running the dejon and works well for me. I'm sure the hallman works great too and the extra 50 bucks probably goes towards the aesthetic aspect.

Evo-8
04-22-2005, 03:11 PM
i have hallman pro RX and it works fine. I tried turbo xs and didnt like it. also tried that round one. b sumthin. btools or some shit. didnt like that one either.

WavMixer
04-22-2005, 04:13 PM
The only problem I see the the Dejon is that when you switch from pump gas to race gas, you need to go under the hood to up the boost. It might be nice to have 2 designated boost levels to select from inside the car when the need arises. Does anyone make a MBC like this, or will it need to be an electronic boost control?

Knower
04-22-2005, 08:07 PM
The only problem I see the the Dejon is that when you switch from pump gas to race gas, you need to go under the hood to up the boost. It might be nice to have 2 designated boost levels to select from inside the car when the need arises. Does anyone make a MBC like this, or will it need to be an electronic boost control?

Ask around at RRE. I believe they stock the dual setting Dejon MBC that is dash adjustable as seen here:

http://www.dejontool.com/DSM-MBC.htm

evomrguy
04-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Wav, rre does carry the dual stage dejon, my friend just picked one up for his talon.

As far as the mbc goes most are all the same, the dejon and hallman are both ball and spring bc so they both function internally the exact same way. You are just paying for looks for the most part.

Blak94GSX
04-25-2005, 12:46 AM
The dual dejon unit isn't cockpit adjustable per se, but it switches between 2 different pressures you have set by lifting the hood. So you pull over a bunch of times to set each MBC pressure, then you can leave it alone after that and just switch between those two.

The Hallman remote thingy is also very cool, so you are good with either.

I think it is more important to have some way to switch between 2 boost pressures, or adjust the boost on the fly, if you switch fuels a lot. Otherwise, if you are only running pump gas, you just set the controller once and leave it.

WavMixer
04-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I was just looking at the Dejon Tool MBC-2b and it looks like you install a switch inside the cockpit. http://www.dejontool.com/DSM-MBC.htm. Hmmm... Just might be time to upgrade the old MBC.