PDA

View Full Version : HKS EVC Help, cant get boost past 14.5 psi

WNLancer
04-20-2005, 06:59 PM
i had the A setting to 20 psi but cant get more boost than 14.5 psi, anyone had this problem?

WNLancer
04-20-2005, 09:06 PM
anyone?

WNLancer
04-20-2005, 09:29 PM
could anyone help me?please

sidewaysevo
04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
well I have one. have no problems with it. did u hook up the boost solenoid right? What is your warning set at? This may sound stupid but make sure its on. Cuz when its off it boost's about 14pounds.

Blaze
04-20-2005, 11:39 PM
You're Vacuum lines are not connected properly.
As a result, you're wastegates actuator is seeing pressure prematurely and without regulation.

I suggest re-reading the vacuum diagram with your instructions.

I would do the following.

1. Run the line from your turbo into the actuators #1 port.
2. T into the vacuum line from your BOV and connect this to the smaller port on your actuator.
3. Run the final vacuum line from the actuator to the wastegate actuator.

If you cannot control the boost, you have the two larger lines wrong...swap them and you should be good to go.

Otherwise, you may have a tuning issue with your gain controller. In which case re-read the instructions or contact HKS support.

Lastly, there may also be some write-ups on this in the SoCal and EvoM installation sections.

Hope that helps.

Blaze

WNLancer
04-21-2005, 01:57 PM
thanks guys but the problem was simple, the shop i got it installed at said that he set it low at 20 and high at 22, warning is set at 24, but as it turns out the adjustment is in % and they set it at 20% and 22% so i have to do the tuning myself. anyways thanks for the help. :lol: