PDA

View Full Version : INJEN intake and APS bov

kid_evo8
04-22-2005, 10:23 PM
anybody on here running this set up? also if you are using this set up are you having any stalling or ideling issues/problems?

thanks

j_nizzle
04-22-2005, 10:43 PM
if these are your first mods, i say turn around and do something else.
this process has always worked for me....1.) suspension, 2.) engine, 3.) entertainment,4.) interior/comfort,5.) looks...

though i havent followed this too closely on my personal cars, on any show quality to high performance daily driver i've built, this is the process i've stuck with. a bov and intake arent too good of choices for mods though. get a simple drop in filter or maybe ditch the whole intake/bov idea and go for a turbo-back exhaust!

kid_evo8
04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
i appreciate your input but no offense. i know what route im going w/ my evo and jus like you suspension is going to be my 1st MAJOR mod. i just wanted to know if they are having problems w/ this type of set up.

j_nizzle
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
i dont know of the aps all that much so forgive my ignorance...in any case, if you dont recirc a VTA bov, get a recirc valve, or even a bypass valve, you will encounter stalling and idling issues. our cars come stock with recirc bov's so natrually thats what you want to go after. if the bov you're going to buy is recirc, you will have no problems and the sound will be awesome with an intake. hope that helps.

leaveit2bevo
04-23-2005, 01:35 AM
stock airbox and bov work better.....