PDA

View Full Version : PULLED over for no front license plate?

recnalz
04-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi, Im new...

Have anybody been pulled over for no front license plates on your evo? I don't have my front license plates on... so I'm just curious if cops even care...

caLi4G63
04-23-2005, 08:37 PM
You can get pulled over for no front license plates, I haven't been pulled over yet in my EVO but in my other car I have. Pretty much it's a "fix-it" ticket where you have to put your plates back on and get the ticket signed off at a CHP station. Then you just pay $10 for court fees.

kimletrim
04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes, they cops will pull you over. You may get by on many ocassions, but you will get caught and some cop will pull you over. It is the easiest way to stop a vehicle to see if there is anything else that they can find, i.e. warrants, drugs, DUI, exhuast, etc.

I am thinking of putting my front plate on since i just got pulled over last week. Cop was cool and didn't give me a warning or a ticket, but why give him the opportunity?

recnalz
04-23-2005, 08:43 PM
True you guys are right... thanks.. for replying.... I guess I've been driving without one for awhile...and many times there are cops right in front looking at me...but never got pulled over.. but yeah don't want to jinx myself haha.

I used to put my license plate on my dashboard...will you get pulled over for that too?

Since I'm living in SoCal but from Norcal.. my front license plate holders are at home... so.. im stuck without any for awhile haha.

go4broke
04-23-2005, 09:01 PM
I used to put my license plate on my dashboard...will you get pulled over for that too?

yeah cuz it's "Improperly displayed"...chp got me on that one but let me go...having vet plates must have helped a little hehe

escabar
04-23-2005, 09:42 PM
yes, the front plate does need to be on and not on the dash board

only been pulled over in LAX w/ a modded Nissan...no ticket but a warning (I didn't act like an ahole)...funny...the bimmers and benz in front of me (w/o front plates) didn't get pulled over...I wonder why... :?

fast evo
04-24-2005, 01:24 AM
They didnt get pulled over because they are not considered and I quote"Ricky Racers" as Huntington Beach PD would say.

rino
04-24-2005, 06:16 AM
i got pulled over for no front plate, but when the officer looked at my car i had it on.. they were parked on the passenger side of the street and since the front of our car points forward she couldn't see the plate sitting on the driver's side..

AD_LIB
04-24-2005, 05:13 PM
plus you can get cited by meter maids for not having a front plate too...its expensive (i.e. NOT a fix it ticket) like 27 bucks or something.
just FYI

-BA

EvoPwr
04-24-2005, 07:05 PM
plus you can get cited by meter maids for not having a front plate too...its expensive (i.e. NOT a fix it ticket) like 27 bucks or something.
just FYI

-BA

bastards!

recnalz
04-24-2005, 08:49 PM
no way! meter ladies can do that? wow.

Timujin
04-25-2005, 06:53 AM
no way! meter ladies can do that? wow.

yeah WTF huh

WNLancer
04-25-2005, 09:29 AM
i got pulled over twice for that, i have the plates mounted on the windshield in the passenger side, but got off with a warning on both occasions.

egui42
04-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I've gotten pulled over before for no front license plate, so I have kept it on so that they don't have a reason to pull me over. :roll:

GokuSSJ4
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
IMO is not worth it, running with out a plate. Besides you give another reason for a cop to start looking at your car. Since the car gets enough attention as it is.

go4broke
04-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I remember in high school when the cops went through the parking lot and wrote tickets for all sort of crap! I cant believe meter maids are writing tickets for front plates...i already cant stand them for writing my friend up for parking in front of his own drive way!

STFU Tuning
04-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I forget when the protecting and serving ended and when the fund raising and waste of time began. Cops who write front plate tickets are fucking clown shoes. Cops who write tickets for modded cars are in that category as well. They should just stick to safety and protection. It is ashame what has happened to law enforcement. When I was a kid, I would wave to police officers all the time. Now, if I saw one burning alive in his squad car, I'd likely only stop to watch and laugh.

rammsteinmatt
04-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I forget when the protecting and serving ended and when the fund raising and waste of time began. Cops who write front plate tickets are fucking clown shoes. Cops who write tickets for modded cars are in that category as well. They should just stick to safety and protection. It is ashame what has happened to law enforcement. When I was a kid, I would wave to police officers all the time. Now, if I saw one burning alive in his squad car, I'd likely only stop to watch and laugh.

i know what you're talking about, but unfortunately cops go by numbers. the numbers say that modified cars are more likely to get into an accident,(ricers are a big contribution) for one reason or another. and lets say you modified your car for track performance and installed a roll cage for driver protection; if you get into an accident your car will no longer have crush zones to absorb energy, and that will severely increase injury to the other party.
as for no plate tickets and parking bullshit, those people should be fired and forced to work at some really shitty job

STFU Tuning
04-25-2005, 10:54 PM

i know what you're talking about, but unfortunately cops go by numbers. the numbers say that modified cars are more likely to get into an accident,(ricers are a big contribution) for one reason or another. and lets say you modified your car for track performance and installed a roll cage for driver protection; if you get into an accident your car will no longer have crush zones to absorb energy, and that will severely increase injury to the other party.
as for no plate tickets and parking bullshit, those people should be fired and forced to work at some really shitty job

I hear you man, but what if they also think that, statistically speaking, the numbers say that blacks and hispanics are more likely to be carrying drugs. (BTW, I have no ideas if there are any numbers that say this. It is just an example.) Should those ethnic groups be searched and harassed on sight? I know one example deals with racial bigotry and one deals with automotive bigotry (just made that up), but is either action okay?

I understand what you're saying man. I'd still watch them burn.

KRS333
04-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Well it depends on the cop... Some really dont want to waist there time on shit like that... I have been driving my Toyota for about two years without getting pulled over... No plates front or back...

rammsteinmatt
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM

I hear you man, but what if they also think that, statistically speaking, the numbers say that blacks and hispanics are more likely to be carrying drugs. (BTW, I have no ideas if there are any numbers that say this. It is just an example.) Should those ethnic groups be searched and harassed on sight? I know one example deals with racial bigotry and one deals with automotive bigotry (just made that up), but is either action okay?

I understand what you're saying man. I'd still watch them burn.

ill probably get death threats and massive hating, but racial profiling and stereotypes werent created because they are false. by all means people dont go down through south central LA (unless they have to) because of the people that live there and the crime that precipitates from that region. so im saying, if they are gonna pull over the car guys like that i better see a sharp decrease in crime, because im willing to bet that crime is more dangerous to society than modified cars. because honestly when did no front license plate hurt someone? crime and drugs do, but cops would rather pull people over for exhaust and plates rather than this stuff. i realize that LAPD generally focus more on crime than minor car infractions, because they know they honestly have better stuff to do. but the CHP, OMG. if they pull over people for exhaust then they should very well pull over stupid people too, the kind that drive with their blinker on, or more than 15mph under the flow of the rest of traffic, or prople that use both lanes on the on ramp, when you just wanna go inside/outside and smoke them up the onramp

recnalz
04-26-2005, 12:03 PM
haha i noticed it is easier to get pulled over here in socal...because their are so many cars here that its hard to speed.. and once someone speeds its usually one or two cars only speeding out of the rest going normal speed limit (sometimes)...

one good thing i'll admit that cops has a reason to pullover cars witout front license plates is that... those redlight cameras in big intersections.. can't give you a red light ticket since your front license plates isn't there...haha but then they can take a picture of your rear license plates..

then just cover your face so the camera don't got anything on you since I hear that with no face in the picture.. no ticket.

itsnino
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
some cops are whack when it comes to "racial profiling." this is a weekly activity in my neighborhood. three of my friends (normal, law abiding citizens) have shaved heads are all dark skinned. we get pulled over all the time. no joke. cops will say the lames excuse like "did you know you have no lights on your license plate holder." uhm, yea, its an old nova - didnt have one to begin with. "well, just make some holes and make sure there are lights on that thing, have a good night." some cops are cool but some take the badge up the a$$. growing up as a minority in a "bad" neighborhood is different from a life of white america, IMO. not that anything is wrong with being a caucasian, but some will never understand how it is to be profile because of my skin color and my hair cut.

RACIAL PROFILING IS A LEGAL FORM OF DISCRIMINATION!!!

bastards.

tama_mog
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
hmmmm......you know as much as I hate cops for targeting imports because all I'm doing is modding for personal interests not to go out and join steet racing crews....there is quite a history for imports in CA and it definitely has its ugly side in the past.....so I can understand policemen tryin to crack down hard on imports if you look @ it from that sense. As far as the comparison to racial profiling etc.....that already happens and we all know it, end of story. Policemen are always on the lookout for minorities more so than the average anglosaxon protestant and that will never change because yes minortities are statistically more likely to commit crimes and #'s talk. It's just a hard world to be fair I guess =(

philthyevo
10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Im SOOOO pissed.Â* I got a no front plate ticket.Â* Went to to the WEst LA sheriffs and had them sign it off.Â* I didnt know I was suppose to take that to court to have it cleared.Â* Long and behold I recieve a $ 676.00 fine for "not fixing my ticket".Â* The cops said I didnt need to do anything else so I trusted them.Â* But its my own fault for not reading my ticket fully. :crazy2:

I called in a lady said that if I pay within a week, the fine would be reduced to $ 426.00. She told me to cut my losses and pay or my license would be placed on hold. :tickedoff:

Im going to have to pay it, and probably schedule a court date and hope I get a judge that will understand. ANy experiences with this kind of thing?

c32c7
10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
They do care. Leave your front plate on.

ejlozon
11-09-2006, 11:06 AM
some cops are whack when it comes to "racial profiling." this is a weekly activity in my neighborhood. three of my friends (normal, law abiding citizens) have shaved heads are all dark skinned. we get pulled over all the time. no joke. cops will say the lames excuse like "did you know you have no lights on your license plate holder." uhm, yea, its an old nova - didnt have one to begin with. "well, just make some holes and make sure there are lights on that thing, have a good night." some cops are cool but some take the badge up the a$$. growing up as a minority in a "bad" neighborhood is different from a life of white america, IMO. not that anything is wrong with being a caucasian, but some will never understand how it is to be profile because of my skin color and my hair cut.

RACIAL PROFILING IS A LEGAL FORM OF DISCRIMINATION!!!

bastards.

I can't pretend to know your situation from only the above post. It seems to me that everyone is bitching about getting chicken-sh*t tickets, and that the cops should go find some real crime. Then in your case in the "bad neighborhood", they pull you over looking for criminals, find out you are good guys, and say have a good night... It can't go both ways.

One more thing. If you think people get pulled over in your "bad neighborhood" for being bald/dark-skinned, watch how fast a preppy white guy gets pulled over there. Not saying it is right, just what i have seen.

philthyevo
11-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Well it depends on the cop... Some really dont want to waist there time on shit like that... I have been driving my Toyota for about two years without getting pulled over... No plates front or back...

A Toyota is just a tad bit less obvious as an EVO. My last car was a dark grey IS 300, never had my front plate on, never got a ticket. Got my EVO, took the front plate off, got a ticket with a month. It's just a flashy car with a spoiler so cops like to pull us over just so they can get a good look at it. lol

Miss Evo8
11-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I recieved a ticket for no plate at a meter in WLA! I have a JDM plate on there but I guess it doesnt count :-P

KPNITRL
11-16-2006, 01:33 PM
When you guys bought your Evos did the front plate holder thing come already attached? Cause mine was in the trunk. I looked at the instructions to put it on and read that you have to drill holes into the bumper? Im just not a fan of messing up a new bumper for some holes.

By the way, Miss Evo8, your hello kitty avatar is wiggin' me out. lol!

Skiracer
11-16-2006, 01:58 PM
When you guys bought your Evos did the front plate holder thing come already attached? Cause mine was in the trunk. I looked at the instructions to put it on and read that you have to drill holes into the bumper? Im just not a fan of messing up a new bumper for some holes.

By the way, Miss Evo8, your hello kitty avatar is wiggin' me out. lol!

Mine didn't come with the plate installed. So, i had the dealer drill it for me.

Ryukyu
11-16-2006, 02:01 PM
You dont have to drill the middle hole. I've had mine on since day 1, just double side tape on the middle and use the 2 bolts.

ernald711
11-17-2006, 09:41 PM
IMO is not worth it, running with out a plate. Besides you give another reason for a cop to start looking at your car. Since the car gets enough attention as it is.

i agree. it looks better without it, but it's not worth it.

jdmevo8
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Yea you will get pulled over cause i got pulled over for no front plates. I had to pay only 10 bucks for the fix it ticket.