PDA

View Full Version : I have been touched by the devil

KRS333
04-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Alright guys so i have been considering the EVO for a couple of months now... You guys have giving some very helpful with all my questions... This weekend i was in Santa Monica & some force just drove me to the Subaru dealer... Damn that STI is one sweet as fucking car... Is something seriously wrong with me? Can anyone help me decide which car would be best....

EVOate909
04-25-2005, 11:33 AM
go test drive one...u'll be guided to the right one :wink:

rammsteinmatt
04-25-2005, 11:36 AM
go test drive one...u'll be guided to the right one :wink:

aye, the only thing you'll luike is how it pulls slightly harder. every single other thing that you can find about a car you'll like in the evo better (and maybe subaru has better costumer service)

EVOate909
04-25-2005, 11:40 AM
i like the STIs interior compared to the evo...but thas about it :lol: o yea the rims too

genrec
04-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I got rid of an 05 STi , i now have a EVO, i'm a hundred times happier with it. As soon as i bought the STi and saw EVO's i regreted it. Most likely you will to.

KRS333
04-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Damn this freaking decisions... Either way i still think the EVO is a better car but those shinny rims just called e into the dealer... LOL

rammsteinmatt
04-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Damn this freaking decisions... Either way i still think the EVO is a better car but those shinny rims just called e into the dealer... LOL

you can buy way better wheels, IMO, aftermarket; and still be under the cost of an STi.

and this comes to mind: STwhy?

KRS333
04-25-2005, 01:09 PM
"and this comes to mind: STwhy"?

LOL... I have to say you guys have been very cool... I entered the STI forum for general Q/A & when i mentioned the word EVO they all turned into dicks....

WavMixer
04-25-2005, 01:33 PM

LOL... I have to say you guys have been very cool... I entered the STI forum for general Q/A & when i mentioned the word EVO they all turned into dicks....There you go. Do you wanna roll with coo peeps, or a bunch of dicks?

EVOate909
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM

LOL... I have to say you guys have been very cool... I entered the STI forum for general Q/A & when i mentioned the word EVO they all turned into dicks....

hahah..i guess they regretting they're decisions

i got love for the STI.. :wink:

genrec
04-25-2005, 02:00 PM

LOL... I have to say you guys have been very cool... I entered the STI forum for general Q/A & when i mentioned the word EVO they all turned into dicks....There you go. Do you wanna roll with coo peeps, or a bunch of dicks?

Yes, this is another thing, i had a wrx and a STi, i'll admit those suby guys are generally pompus dicks, i never hardly talked to any of them, not very helpful or friendly, IMO. In the 3 weeks i've had the EVO everybody has been hella cool, down to earth, i already feel part of the family.

And those suby guys always claim to be classier, i say completely the opposite.

rubelcon
04-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I started with a WRX, went to GSR, went to STI, then MR. I might end up buying another scooby, or maybe another evo. Buy what you like.....

Macky
04-25-2005, 03:46 PM
its your money. but this is an evo board so go figure 8)

WavMixer
04-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Well if you decide to go with the scooby, you can still hang with us. Of coarse you may me at the back of the pack trying to keep up with us ;)

KRS333
04-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Well i have been interesting in picking up the EVO for some time so i might just stick to the original plan...

EvoPwr
04-25-2005, 05:24 PM
EVO!!!!!!!! recaros :shock: hehe and it doesnt have an ocean on the hood 8)

BlueDV
04-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I know a guy in OC who has one of the 40 limited edition ESX STi's and it's actually a very trick car!

http://turbomagazine.com/features/0503tur_sti_01_z.jpg

KRS333
04-26-2005, 11:04 AM
I know a guy in OC who has one of the 40 limited edition ESX STi's and it's actually a very trick car!

Dude that does not help me at all... Nice looking car though...

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 12:41 PM
i might just stick to the original plan...

best advice you could ever give yourself, in my opinion.

i drove an STi around a little while at the track (not on the track though) and I hated it. the seats suck, the shifter feels like ass and i just didn't like the dash/interior/guage cluster. and the wing flaps and bounces like crazy at highway speeds. you can see it shaking in the rear view mirror. no way i'd buy one... and don't even get me started on the makeshift shelter on the hood....

rammsteinmatt
04-26-2005, 01:13 PM

i drove an STi around a little while at the track (not on the track though) and I hated it. the seats suck, the shifter feels like ass and i just didn't like the dash/interior/guage cluster. and the wing flaps and bounces like crazy at highway speeds. you can see it shaking in the rear view mirror. no way i'd buy one... and don't even get me started on the makeshift shelter on the hood....

so you liked the bright pink STi in the middle of the gauge cluster then? pink is a good color for a purebred race car :roll:

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 01:16 PM

so you liked the bright pink STi in the middle of the gauge cluster then? pink is a good color for a purebred race car :roll:

thats exactly what i'm talking about. the evo is just more of a pure driver's car... more go, less show

ZEVO
04-26-2005, 03:05 PM
I test drove the STI and the Evo. I personally liked the Evo because it has better looks and I thought it handled better than the STI. Power is promp on the STI and the Evo takes a slight second to get into action. At the end of the day I got an Evo.

speed8
04-26-2005, 11:34 PM
I was in your same shoes a week ago. It was a toss up between the two, My friend has an STI and there were sevral things I did and did not like. The only difference in power was the pull of the line, the Evo was a lot smoother. Interior wise the STI feels small, there is like no leg room at all in the front and especially in the back, the seats are okay but not nearly as nice as the recaros. Styling wise if you like having a huge bulge on your hood to look around while driving then that is the car for you. Good luck in whatever you choose.

ovenmit331
04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
so KRS333, you made a decision yet???

KRS333
04-27-2005, 10:00 AM
so KRS333, you made a decision yet???

I am sticking with the EVO... I have not driving the STI but i am not going to bother... Not to say it is not a good car cause i have heard so many good things about it but i have the EVO bug...

ovenmit331
04-27-2005, 10:08 AM
good to hear... when are you getting one?

KRS333
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
good to hear... when are you getting one?

Well as soon as i sale my car i will be getting it... Hopefully it can be real soon...

evo mr
04-28-2005, 04:14 PM
sti is hard to drive thats why i like the sti but the evo its easier to drive a kid could drive it with easyness sti has a lot of countersterring

j_nizzle
04-28-2005, 05:29 PM

that thing is 400 hp from the dealer...but very pricy, imo. you should get the evo like you would have and you'll be much happier...most stupid people would go, "oooh the sti has 300hp and the evo only has 271...."
hp doesnt make up for hardcore engineering and performance. and with all the money you save buying an evo, you can probably get a really nice suspension set-up or even a full blown turbo upgrade, thus making your car that much better than it would have been stock over an sti.

Mulholland
04-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Alright guys so i have been considering the EVO for a couple of months now... You guys have giving some very helpful with all my questions... This weekend i was in Santa Monica & some force just drove me to the Subaru dealer... Damn that STI is one sweet as fucking car... Is something seriously wrong with me? Can anyone help me decide which car would be best....
Recaros, steering rack, handling, ease and accessibility of upgrades...these things are making me lean towards the Evo. A buddy of mine writes for SportCompact Mag and he cannot say enough about the Evo.

You want the displacement, side-air bags, variable diff and mod friendly dealers like Renick...go Subaru.

I have had a WRX since 2002 and I am ready to change. The sandal wearing hippies with hate Bush/peace bumperstickers on their Subies has sent me over the edge...oh, and getting spanked by Evos at the track.

MadStylez
04-30-2005, 12:28 AM
after you get an EVO and put mods on it, you'll end up wondering why you ever thought of getting an STi..."SubaWHO?"