PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvoPwr
04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
would some "admin" pm me or email me with the reason my sig was removed, there was no curse words, there is more cursing on the forums than the one word i edited in my sig so it wasnt cursing. also wtf is up with removing my avatar? woulda been nice for an explanation...i guess this forum is for preteens because cursing is allowed in movies and so are dead people :roll:

BlueDV
04-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I always thought your avatar was more like the un-dead....kinda in-between :D

rammsteinmatt
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
well, whatever about the removal of that stuff.....but the funny thing, to me, is that action was taken now, instead of 1.5 months ago when you first put that stuff up. thats the only thing i found interesting about this, im not going to take a side one way or another if the admin/mods are ruling with an iron fist or not

Tarmac02
04-25-2005, 05:41 PM
personally I wasn't offended by it... but I'm surprised it lasted that long...

kipper215
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
THAT'S THE STUPID FUCKING SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT FUCKIN MAKES ME NOT WANT TO HANGING OUT. SOMEONE COMPLAINS LIKE A TRICK BITCH AND SHIT GETS DELETED........GAY GAY GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WE ALL ACT LIKE ADULTS...OR IS THIS SESAME STREET!

READ THIS QUICK. IT'S ABOUT TO BE DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!

EvoPwr
04-25-2005, 05:55 PM
THAT'S THE STUPID FUCKING SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT FUCKIN MAKES ME NOT WANT TO HANGING OUT. SOMEONE COMPLAINS LIKE A TRICK BITCH AND SHIT GETS DELETED........GAY GAY GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THIS QUICK. IT'S ABOUT TO BE DELETED!!!!!!!!!!! :werd:

j_nizzle
04-25-2005, 06:13 PM
mike, it's because you didnt go to MOD. the admin and moderators are punishing you for it. i guess you'll just have to wait until next year to redeem yourself before they let you cuss in your sig again.

JanSolo
04-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Not sure of the why or whom, but there is a concerted effort to make this site a bit more safe for work. It's too bad you weren't sent a PM or an IM or whatever first before taking action. And it's not like there was an official announcement stating that this stuff is going to be removed.

BUT, getting past all that, I shall repeat once again that there is a concerted effort to make this site a bit more work safe, specifically when in regards to the display of female units and their body parts being displayed, especially offensive ones like the following, which clearly should not be tolerated.

http://www.jansolo.com/albums/Misc-Pics/avatar.jpg

Oh and this should be in site feedback.

rammsteinmatt
04-25-2005, 06:17 PM

one would be inclined to think that, but try planning a meet and see how mature everyone is about keeping their word that they are comming, and with some reasonable punctuality :offrant:

EvoPwr
04-25-2005, 06:20 PM
well i see sigs worse than mine, i will not name becuz i am not a snitch.

but mine contained no profanity or sexually explicit pics. again this is gay, these forums should be at least PG-13 if you are going to make it PG then explain that. at least have the courage to pm me, you obviously had enough time to make a smart ass comment, so until then my sigs go back up.

JanSolo
04-25-2005, 06:24 PM

but mine contained no profanity or sexually explicit pics. again this is gay, these forums should be at least PG-13 if you are going to make it PG then explain that. at least have the courage to pm me, you obviously had enough time to make a smart ass comment, so until then my sigs go back up.

Let me reiterate the first post from my post above:

"Not sure of the why or whom"

I seriously had nothing to do with this. I was just trying to inform you that there is an effort to make this place less offensive to the sensitive few. I agree with you wholeheartedly that someone should have told you before taking action. What happened to you sucks and I can understand fully why you're pissed off.

EvoPwr
04-25-2005, 06:26 PM

I seriously had nothing to do with this. I was just trying to inform you that there is an effort to make this place less offensive to the sensitive few. I agree with you wholeheartedly that someone should have told you before taking action. What happened to you sucks and I can understand fully why you're pissed off.

i am not blaming you nor all of the moderators :D just the one who isnt doing their job :banghead:

rammsteinmatt
04-25-2005, 06:33 PM
just put the "offensive" stuff in the political arena. there isnt much politics going on in there nowadays

GokuSSJ4
04-26-2005, 11:31 AM

i am not blaming you nor all of the moderators :D just the one who isnt doing their job :banghead:

don't feel like you are the only one that has had issues with your signature or avatar. This is something in the works, not sure who remove or edited your profile. Remember that this site is view from several peeps from work. So work safe is something that we must consider before posting an avatar or a signature. We have receive several complains regarding some peeps avatars. In the near future things will start to be enforce (regarding avatar and signatures) and trying to keep everything "Work Safe" as possible. Other features will be also added to this, so if you are at work You have the choice whether to view signatures and avatars but its all a process. Since we all have been busy lately, somethings have not been accomplish.

Absinthe
04-26-2005, 11:38 AM
yeah I mean damn I cant even say:

V1SHNU

GokuSSJ4
04-26-2005, 11:53 AM

V1SHNU

Dave you live your life 10 seconds at a time :roll:

JanSolo
04-26-2005, 11:53 AM

V1SHNU

You know which (hybrid powered) person to bitch at about that.

Coolguy949
04-26-2005, 12:16 PM
would some "admin" pm me or email me with the reason my sig was removed, there was no curse words, there is more cursing on the forums than the one word i edited in my sig so it wasnt cursing. also wtf is up with removing my avatar? woulda been nice for an explanation...i guess this forum is for preteens because cursing is allowed in movies and so are dead people :roll:

Mike,

I removed it. I have received several complaints about your sig. I was kinda overlooking it because you're my friend. First and foremost though, i'm the admin of this site and sometimes i even have to keep my friends in check. SOrry if this angers you.

It doesnt matter if it didnt contain cuss words and what not. The context of the message was disturbing and there was really no reason for it being on your sig. Your sig contained "I wanna slit your throat and f*** the wound." That really doesnt belong on this site, I dont know why you're so adamant to keep it. In addition, your avatar showed a gruesome pic of a baby or something.

We have been moving to make this site more "work safe" with recent complaints that it's becoming a free for all. For those angry about not being notified when stuff gets changed/deleted, if we had to PM everyone when we took any administrative actions nothing would ever be done. I personally change and move around dozens of threads and posts daily. It would be extremely tedious to send a PM out every single time.

I don't know why everyone gets so angry when posts get deleted and stuff, this is a regular task of a forum to keep its organized and "on-topic". You'll rarely find anything deleted in the Off-topic section unless it contains lude material. I personally don't ever delete people's threads, only old ones that were pointless and no one has really resplonded or contrinuted.

Rob

Mike - hope this doesn't piss you off or something. I personally thought your sig was a joke against the admins becuase they deleted it before. I assume that was Dino last time.

Coolguy949
04-26-2005, 12:18 PM

What are you talking about? What was deleted? I've seen you post this complaint a few times now and the mods really don't know what threads you are talking about that were deleted.

Would you all prefer this site to be a free-for-all with no moderators and standards set?

GokuSSJ4
04-26-2005, 12:33 PM

What are you talking about? What was deleted? I've seen you post this complaint a few times now and the mods really don't know what threads you are talking about that were deleted.

Would you all prefer this site to be a free-for-all with no moderators and standards set?

IMO the best way to deal with this type of things is :
[list]1. notify an admin or mod
2. post on the feed back section (please keep profinity out of your post) since it doesn't belong.
3. Make a reasonable topic and don’t just say: F@@@# all the mods for deleting my thread (intended as an example only) [/list:u]

leaveit2bevo
04-26-2005, 12:36 PM
F@@@# all the mods for deleting my thread

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I won't lie, I view this site at work ALL the time and there have been several times where that sig has been seen and not appreciated. I was about to go through the no sigs and avatars thing, but then it was removed so i think i'm ok for now.

WavMixer
04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, here is my .02 on the subject.

I like girls. I like to see naked girls, but I come to this site to learn about the Evo, not to see tits & ass. I view this site from work as well as home where my grandchildren frequently visit. I for one feel more comfortable being able to browse through these forums without having to worry about what someone might see on my screen when they walk by. I'm not gay, nor am I a prude. I do believe that there is a place for everything and everything should be in it's place. I believe this to be a place to see, talk, eat and breath Evo. If I want T&A there are plenty of other sites to find it, there is no shortage of pron on the net. Although I was not personally offended by the sig file stating how someone wanted to slit someone's throat, I do not see what that has to do with the Evo. I guess maybe it all comes down to what you expect to receive from this forum. Are you looking for a place to learn and share Evo related info or a place to vent your anger and talk trash? I have found plenty of trashy sites on the net and know just where to go to find one however I come to this site for it's Evo related content.

/ .02

Anonymous
04-26-2005, 01:27 PM

I like girls. I like to see naked girls, but I come to this site to learn about the Evo, not to see tits & ass. I view this site from work as well as home where my grandchildren frequently visit. I for one feel more comfortable being able to browse through these forums without having to worry about what someone might see on my screen when they walk by. I'm not gay, nor am I a prude. I do believe that there is a place for everything and everything should be in it's place. I believe this to be a place to see, talk, eat and breath Evo. If I want T&A there are plenty of other sites to find it, there is no shortage of pron on the net. Although I was not personally offended by the sig file stating how someone wanted to slit someone's throat, I do not see what that has to do with the Evo. I guess maybe it all comes down to what you expect to receive from this forum. Are you looking for a place to learn and share Evo related info or a place to vent your anger and talk trash? I have found plenty of trashy sites on the net and know just where to go to find one however I come to this site for it's Evo related content.

/ .02

that was beautifully well put Wav. Thanks. Here's to eating, breathing, and sleeping Evo... :buds: :skid: :peewee:

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 01:31 PM

/ .02

that was beautifully well put Wav. Thanks. Here's to eating, breathing, and sleeping Evo... :buds: :skid: :peewee:

Yeah, that was MY post, but for some strange reason it showed up as Guest. maybe another case for the Goku/Admin Conspiracy Theorists

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 01:32 PM
F@@@# all the mods for deleting my thread

and by the way Bevo, that was awesome....

johnny
04-26-2005, 01:54 PM

/ .02

Yeah, that was MY post, but for some strange reason it showed up as Guest. maybe another case for the Goku/Admin Conspiracy Theoristsmaybe it was the terrorist or bin laden that did that

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
possibly, but at least we have quick reply back :)

kipper215
04-26-2005, 03:26 PM

all i have to say is...opinions work like a check and balance system. a crude method of maintaining fairness. when the system is tampered with obsolete tools, fairness becomes an impossiblility. having moderators on this site is just too much responsibility for the people that have it. judgments are based on friendship and emotions, so where is the fairness. it's better if there were no MODS and RULES were put in place instead. it's less pressure for everyone. i enjoy hearing different opinions on things even if i don't agree. the freedom to give your opinion on sometime is what makes this site kool. we are different people from different backgrounds that share a common interest. that's my gripe. :wink:

EVO Neil
04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
When I struggle with whether I should or shouldn't moderate something on this site, it comes down to whether or not it could be veiwed at work. This is what the moderators have been asked to do by the admins. So if you question if something could or should be deleted use "could it be veiwed at work by the biggest prude in your office" to answer your question.

EvoPwr
04-26-2005, 05:36 PM

/ .02

nothing in my sig nor avatar was naked, and i guess everything should be deleted that is not evo related,

OK EVERYBODY THAT HAS A NON EVO RELATED SIG AND AVATAR TIME TO GET RID OF THEM.

EvoPwr
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I won't lie, I view this site at work ALL the time and there have been several times where that sig has been seen and not appreciated. I was about to go through the no sigs and avatars thing, but then it was removed so i think i'm ok for now.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR APPRECIATION, IF YOU DONT LIKE FREEDOM OF SPEECH TOO BAD. THIS IS AMERICA GET OVER IT.

like you are one to talk, acting like a girl when you first signed on here. so go ahead and STFU!

GokuSSJ4
04-26-2005, 07:39 PM

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR APPRECIATION, IF YOU DONT LIKE FREEDOM OF SPEECH TOO BAD. THIS IS AMERICA GET OVER IT.

like you are one to talk, acting like a girl when you first signed on here. so go ahead and STFU!
I can see the point of having such signature, IMO its getting border line to whether is work safe. The last thing you want is some one reading some of the things and looking at your signature in BIG RED LETTERS, not cool IMO.
This is something we as a the Team of Socalevo.net need to work on
1. Avatars / signature guide lines (since the site is growing day by day )
2. A specific guide line of what things can be posted in certain sections of the forum. Knowing these guide lines will let people know if you don't follow such things either
a. your thread might get move to the proper location
b. might be deleted or lock.
c. move right away to the cellar section
d. deleted from the data base.
no questions ask, IMO a PM should follow specially if such thread is deleted. Most of us are busy at work or at home and when you have 10-20 threads being move, lock or deleted they do take more time then we have to PM such individual.

EvoPwr
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
thanks for response, i understand the moving of threads and locking deleting of threads. just the sig thing, there are worse ones out there and are still out there. but thanks for responses/input from all.

ovenmit331
04-26-2005, 08:53 PM

how is my acting like a girl dangerous to someone at work or offensive to some dad who's 6 year old just looked over his shoulder?

and i'm assuming you'd agree that there is a limit right? a line that someones sig, or avatar, or post shouldn't cross? and the admin's and moderators job is to decide what that line is. if they deem your sig over the line and remove it, well there it is, decision made.

GokuSSJ4
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
thanks for response, i understand the moving of threads and locking deleting of threads. just the sig thing, there are worse ones out there and are still out there. but thanks for responses/input from all.

All I can say is that it's in all in the process, it takes time to clean up the forums. All with in time :wink:

EvoPwr
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM

All I can say is that it's in all in the process, it takes time to clean up the forums. All with in time :wink:

Lets get rid of the transexuals first :wink:

drmosh
04-27-2005, 06:20 PM

V1SHNU

Next time you attempt to bypass the keyword filter you will be banned.

:wink:

EvoPwr
04-27-2005, 06:21 PM

V1SHNU

Next time you attempt to bypass the keyword filter you will be banned.

:wink: :bs: :lol:

drmosh
04-27-2005, 06:22 PM
EvoPwr, your sig was mean't be offensive, you know it... so don't come in here and whine...

In time everything will be cleaned up.

EvoPwr
04-27-2005, 06:23 PM
EvoPwr, your sig was mean't be offensive, you know it... so don't come in here and whine...

In time everything will be cleaned up.

dont worry i am not whining i am laughing at this shit...it is hilarious, be offensive me never, ask ultraflip i am always the positive reinforcer

gofaster87
04-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Can I be offensive?

GokuSSJ4
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Can I be offensive?
please give a defenition on "how offensive you can get " :shock:

drmosh
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Can I be offensive?

You are already offensive with your slow car.

EVO Neil
04-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Can I be offensive?

Look who's talking...

drmosh
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Can I be offensive?

Look who's talking...

It's not the car, it's the driver... I can outlap most people and still get 40 mpg...

:D

EVO Neil
04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
It's not the car, it's the driver... :D

:werd:

recnalz
04-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Isn't signatures suppose to reflect who you are...and what you want to represent as you... i understand the no cussing and nudity part. .. I'm refering to the part where somebody said everything must be about EVO... since this is an EVO site......signatures shouldnt only be about evo's it should be about anything...aint that the whole reason why signatures exists..

okay never mind i lost my point haha

Cr0mster
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Freedom of speech is one thing, but moderators want this to be a site that people can browse not only from home but from work. IT departments at some places can be rather strict and I would hate to see someone lose their job because they came to view an auto forum. Odds are it isn't that peoples sig offended that person. It was more that it could get them in trouble at work. Don't take it so personally.

EvoPwr
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Freedom of speech is one thing, but moderators want this to be a site that people can browse not only from home but from work. IT departments at some places can be rather strict and I would hate to see someone lose their job because they came to view an auto forum. Odds are it isn't that peoples sig offended that person. It was more that it could get them in trouble at work. Don't take it so personally.

we arent taking things personally, its just that there is basically no freedom of speech anymore. im not talking only about me, i have heard many complaints by people. if you cant take the heat get the fuck outta the kitchen, im on a mission. anywho maybe you shouldnt be viewing this at work...maybe you should be working :roll: , therefore you dont get in trouble.......wow what a concept, working at work, who would have thought it.

GokuSSJ4
04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Can I be offensive?

Look who's talking...
this is the funniest ever, some one who will never (or at least in a while) will track his CF monster. The other one who is battery charge, and to top it off the guy who drivers cars for a living but has a garaga queen at home :P

GokuSSJ4
04-27-2005, 10:01 PM

we arent taking things personally, its just that there is basically no freedom of speech anymore. im not talking only about me, i have heard many complaints by people. if you cant take the heat get the fuck outta the kitchen, im on a mission. anywho maybe you shouldnt be viewing this at work...maybe you should be working :roll: , therefore you dont get in trouble.......wow what a concept, working at work, who would have thought it.
some of us have spare time at work :mrgreen: we also have breaks which we spend time browsing the forums while we are still at work, so it doesn't applied to everyone. There's things that you can say but it has its limits. Besides this is not the first forum that has certain rules when it comes to nudity, porno and language censorship. Usually sites take this route when you have several peeps that view , read and search for useful information regarding about cars. A lot of peeps want to feel comfortable being able to view such information at any giving time, not just at home. Specially if you have a family or at work the last thing you want its project the wrong messege out of this forum or the forum that you are browsing to look up information.

Cr0mster
04-27-2005, 10:49 PM

some of us have spare time at work :mrgreen: we also have breaks which we spend time browsing the forums while we are still at work, so it doesn't applied to everyone. There's things that you can say but it has its limits. Besides this is not the first forum that has certain rules when it comes to nudity, porno and language censorship. Usually sites take this route when you have several peeps that view , read and search for useful information regarding about cars. A lot of peeps want to feel comfortable being able to view such information at any giving time, not just at home. Specially if you have a family or at work the last thing you want its project the wrong messege out of this forum or the forum that you are browsing to look up information.

:werd:

Cr0mster
04-27-2005, 10:50 PM

Not sure what sweat shops you worked for in your lifetime but where I work I get at least 3 breaks a day. This isn't a new concept... :roll:

Absinthe
04-28-2005, 03:53 PM

I hope you have a real job and dont live at home, but guess what if your good at your job you dont need all day to get it done, and when you have to be in the office anyway whay not have the enjoyment of checking out the site and not thinking about TPS reports or what ever it is you do.

I know it sux and you feel censored but look at what your sig was, it was kind of funny when it was just the guy but once we got the whole tough guy speech it was just a red faced waste of space, you should thank the mods for stopping people having that be someones first impression of you.

Nebolic
04-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I work in a fast paced industry. At an Investment Bank. I have 10 browsers open at all times 1 of them is to surf the net, and god knows how many excel spreadsheets i have open also. And Yes I have time to browse the site. Like someone said, if you are good at what you do, you don't need the full 8 hours. If you take the full 8 hours, then you must be doing something wrong.

anyways whats the point of this thread again?

nebo

WavMixer
04-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I work in a fast paced industry. At an Investment Bank. I have 10 browsers open at all times 1 of them is to surf the net, and god knows how many excel spreadsheets i have open also. And Yes I have time to browse the site. Like someone said, if you are good at what you do, you don't need the full 8 hours. If you take the full 8 hours, then you must be doing something wrong.

anyways whats the point of this thread again?

neboDamn! I must be real good. I average about 5-15 minutes daily actually working. The rest of the day is spent browsing the web, playing with photoshop or sometimes sleeping ;)

WavMixer
04-28-2005, 04:46 PM

/ .02

nothing in my sig nor avatar was naked, and i guess everything should be deleted that is not evo related,

OK EVERYBODY THAT HAS A NON EVO RELATED SIG AND AVATAR TIME TO GET RID OF THEM.

EvoPwr, I was not directing my comments to you, about your avatar or your signature. I was speaking in general which although may not have been about you, was what I believed to be on topic. I did not say that your sig or avatar had nudity, I was commenting on avatars and sigs in general. I also said nothing about this site being an Evo topic only site. Once again I was referring to talking trash and posting pron. This is neither a fight sight nor a pron palace.

GokuSSJ4
04-28-2005, 07:01 PM
This thread has been replied to what Evopwr had to say,
In Before Lock :cool: :mrgreen: