PDA

View Full Version : Ontario or Tustin?

Mulholland
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
So, I am going to look at MRs tomorrow. HB only has red left. Tustin and Ontario got what I am looking for.

Any tips or suggestions?

MAFIOSO8
04-29-2005, 07:24 PM
well the guys at tustin are assholesand will rob you blind, and I have never heard anything good about ontario IMHO I would go to hb I kinda regret going to tustin and not hb they will treat you much better I talked to the guys at HB and they are willing to track down the color you want for the MR. call me and see what they can get you 714-514-9829. :D

EvoPwr
04-29-2005, 07:28 PM
well the guys at tustin are assholesand will rob you blind, and I have never heard anything good about ontario IMHO I would go to hb I kinda regret going to tustin and not hb they will treat you much better I talked to the guys at HB and they are willing to track down the color you want for the MR. call me and see what they can get you 714-514-9829. :D

Mackys ASSistant

Sam Smash
04-29-2005, 07:42 PM
What color are you looking for?

I can help :)

MAFIOSO8
04-29-2005, 07:48 PM

Mackys ASSistant No puto!!! Tom's a cool guy and I want his store to do well. Besides tey have treated me better thatn any other dealer has in my life.

EvoPwr
04-29-2005, 07:52 PM

Mackys ASSistant No puto!!! Tom's a cool guy and I want his store to do well. Besides tey have treated me better thatn any other dealer has in my life.

renzo, u are 17

rammsteinmatt
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM

renzo, u are 17

but aparently a crafty consumer!
http://davidszondy.com/future/Living/zoidberg1.jpg

KRS333
04-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Well i have not purchased my EVO yet but i will be going to HB when ready. I have talked to Tom several times and he sounds like a great guy... HB would be my choice..

Mulholland
04-29-2005, 11:56 PM
What color are you looking for?

I can help :)
Silver, Gray or White...Tustin and Ontario have Gray and Silver, maybe White.

Mulholland
04-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Well i have not purchased my EVO yet but i will be going to HB when ready. I have talked to Tom several times and he sounds like a great guy... HB would be my choice..
Well, they have a red one. I sorta like it, but would rather not the color "pull me over" red.

DoCoMo
04-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Well, they have a red one. I sorta like it, but would rather not the color "pull me over" red.

same reason i got a silver 04 instead of a 05 red

EVO Neil
04-30-2005, 09:23 AM

Yes, but Rally Red MR's are the rarest color of MR. Dude, it's an Evo, you're gonna get pulled over... :lol:

tlcrox
04-30-2005, 10:59 AM
I would love to have the busuness, but I realize that color is an issue in most people's decission. I will make a recommendation on your choice of dealers....Ontario is a well run organization and should live up to your expectations. I'm not sure what the pricing structure is at other dealers. I know MRs are really in short supply now and many (not us) dealers are marking them way up over sticker. I don't think this is good marketing strategy since the IX will have an MR edition, and out in about 4 months.

Tom

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-30-2005, 11:14 AM
if you wanna go to ontario, let me know and ill hook you up, i used to be a closer there, now im at toyota. but i can still hook u up...ill say youre my cousins, wifes brothers distant relatives boyfriends sisters dads brother or soemthing. just pm me to let me know.

Macky
04-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Mackys ASSistant

dude i dudnt know you wanted my ass. ill take a pic and mail it to you. glad you're finally coming out of the closet bish :lol:

CT9A RS
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
lol i dont know about Ontario. But Tustin will rip u a new one.

atlvalet
05-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah,

I was at Tustin on Friday. Said I'd buy the silver MR right there and then if they gave me a good deal and could match or beat the price I'd been offered. I gave them my price (under MSRP). They basically said "Thank you very much, now get the f--- out." Oh, they also said they wouldn't give me MSRP unless they financed me. I said sure if you can beat 4.99%. They gave me a blank stare.

Supposedly their internet quote is MSRP, but I don't know if it's a bait and switch or not.

Erik

Mulholland
05-02-2005, 08:03 PM

Yes, but Rally Red MR's are the rarest color of MR. Dude, it's an Evo, you're gonna get pulled over... :lol:
I sorta like that red, I must say. I have just decided that that color is a psychological trigger I would like to have off the table (speed and body-style is quite enough).

rammsteinmatt
05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
in regard to red MR's being the rarest i heard that their production was a double-digit number. i know about the cop thing, but seriously double-digit production is pretty dang rare (even the enzo can't claim that)

Mulholland
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I would love to have the busuness, but I realize that color is an issue in most people's decission. I will make a recommendation on your choice of dealers....Ontario is a well run organization and should live up to your expectations. I'm not sure what the pricing structure is at other dealers. I know MRs are really in short supply now and many (not us) dealers are marking them way up over sticker. I don't think this is good marketing strategy since the IX will have an MR edition, and out in about 4 months.

Tom
I appreciate the response and advice. I planned Saturday to loop from Los Angeles to HB. I never left my first stop, Ontario. They had a graphite gray with 88 miles on it (sorta scary!) and after much haggling, I agreed to $500 below MSRP (however, looking at my paperwork it seems I should have payed greater attention, as the price reflects MSRP paid -- should have payed more attention -- I was burnt at that point) and a major hit on my WRX ($13,000).

I actually walked on the lower offer but Michelle and Sabrina (great folks!) really pulled for me. Michelle actually hooked me up with a sunvisor CD holder, given the WRX had a six-disk changer and I didn't bring my CD case to put my CDs in.
I left Ontario and decided a spontaneous cruise to see a friend in Vegas would push me over the break-in period. The trip back was much more entertaining. Played around with an STI and Camaro. Got home and went straight to the 100 octane (3 gallons to full added to tank of 91) station and then to the stretch of Mulholland (my backyard) between the 405 and the 101.

Good stuff!

Thanks again (will keep ya'll updated on the $500 discrepancy)

Mulholland
05-02-2005, 08:37 PM
http://img44.echo.cx/img44/7194/img01039et.th.jpg (http://img44.echo.cx/my.php?image=img01039et.jpg)

Macky
05-02-2005, 08:53 PM
so i take it you got the MR? congrats 8)

Mulholland
05-02-2005, 11:52 PM
What gave it away?...The graphite gray perhaps?...(insert cooler laughing emoticon here)...Yep. Thanks...I am thinking my first mod should be a Valentine-1 and a turboback. I do not like the idea of voiding warranty, but I would like to know how to achieve 350WHP for scholarly reasons. :D

Macky
05-03-2005, 08:59 AM
those two will void your warranty faster than michael jackson dropping his pants to a 10 year old.

Mulholland
05-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Your kidding about the Valentine-1 right?...You are making a larger joke about the trigger happy tendency of Mitsubishi voiding warranties, aren't you?

Macky
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
so did you catch the sarcasm or not?

ScoobyBoy2
05-03-2005, 12:19 PM
what is hb?

Macky
05-03-2005, 12:29 PM
HB - HB Mitsubishi.

ScoobyBoy2
05-03-2005, 12:31 PM
HB - HB Mitsubishi.

where is it located...Huntington Beach? it sounds like this would be the place to buy an evo

rammsteinmatt
05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
HB - HB Mitsubishi.

where is it located...Huntington Beach? it sounds like this would be the place to buy an evo

yes and yes

knuxevolution
05-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Huntington beach is the evo capital of California.

Mulholland
05-03-2005, 02:46 PM
so did you catch the sarcasm or not?
:)...Just making sure!

Macky
05-03-2005, 02:54 PM
8)

Mulholland
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
8)
Hey Macky...I think I need rockblocker and alarm system, maybe some light stereo work...suggestions?

WavMixer
05-03-2005, 03:06 PM
The Valentine One was my 1st mod and I would recommend this as everyone's 1st mod when you buy an Evo.

Macky
05-03-2005, 04:25 PM
8)
Hey Macky...I think I need rockblocker and alarm system, maybe some light stereo work...suggestions?

talk to either ultraflip or j_nizzle for those. they would know a lot more.

Mulholland
05-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Looks like I am getting ignored by Ontario for my $500 discrepancy.

My bad for not checking. I still plug Sabrina and Michelle and think Ontario is not a bad place to do business.

evooci
05-04-2005, 04:51 PM
http://img44.echo.cx/img44/7194/img01039et.th.jpg (http://img44.echo.cx/my.php?image=img01039et.jpg)

looks like you got chips on the bumper already :shock:

sux about the $500 difference and totally forgot about this tactic dealers pulled when the evos first came out

I'll be sure to examine the paperwork before signing away.

congrats on the purchase and be safe :wink:

Mulholland
05-04-2005, 05:50 PM

looks like you got chips on the bumper already :shock:

mr not chips, mr las vegas bugs (road trip=break in period) :D