PDA

View Full Version : Having Evo problems

Mr.Evolution8 AKA Mr. Evo
05-01-2005, 03:38 AM
ever since i changed my IC i have had this problem. When i punch it around 5k my car chokes and i get a check engine light it happend tonight and i got the service light come on. What im thinking that is when we put the IC pipping we deleted a hose, and suppoasbly i was over boosting so i got an MBC but still having this problem. What can it be?

tommygun
05-01-2005, 05:02 AM
hmm i replaced my ic and no problem, but the ic piping i have not, but i don't know what kind of hose you might have replaced because none run from the stock ic piping ? is your bov aftermarket and rerouted or placed on the upper ic pipe unrouted ?

tommygun
05-01-2005, 05:05 AM
and i think your in the wrong part of the forums try the tech talk area :D

WavMixer
05-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Maybe you have a boost leak.

kimletrim
05-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Rick, the lack of the nipple off of the intercooler pipe is not the problem. Since you have a MBC, the nipple would have been capped off anyways. What this means is that Greddy thought ahead of time that there was going to be a boost controller and got rid of the nipple that exits the compressor side of the turbo. your setup is as it should be with a MBC.

Get the code and look elsewhere for the problem.

Blak94GSX
05-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Definitely a boost leak like Wavmixer said...

You plugged the MAF back in right? not that I've ever done that before or anything :)

magicninja
06-10-2005, 02:52 PM
I had a problem like this when I upgraded my IC and pipes, it was fuel cut because the stock ECU had a hard time compensating for the added volume of the new IC and pipes. After I got the car flashed it runs great no more fuel cut.

lqdchkn
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Seems like you would need to turn up the boost. Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't the factory boost sensor before the intercooler. Adding more volume after the cooler + pressure drop from intercooler, result in even lower boost pressure on the TB side. Maybe the lower velocity than the ECU is expecting is giving a "lag" type symptom.

earlyapex
06-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Seems like you would need to turn up the boost. Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't the factory boost sensor before the intercooler. Adding more volume after the cooler + pressure drop from intercooler, result in even lower boost pressure on the TB side. Maybe the lower velocity than the ECU is expecting is giving a "lag" type symptom.

hahahahahahahhah

lqdchkn
06-10-2005, 05:11 PM

hahahahahahahhah

Guess that means I'm wrong :oops:

SAEID
06-10-2005, 05:13 PM
ever since i changed my IC i have had this problem. When i punch it around 5k my car chokes and i get a check engine light it happend tonight and i got the service light come on. What im thinking that is when we put the IC pipping we deleted a hose, and suppoasbly i was over boosting so i got an MBC but still having this problem. What can it be?You have a boost leak bro. Check your IC pipes.