PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over (again)

Timujin
05-02-2005, 07:27 PM
This time I was on my way to Mom's in Diamond Bar. The Sheriff flipped a bitch and hastled me for my tinted covers on the front and rear license plate, and modified exhaust. This is the second time in 30days I've been pulled over...and I haven't been hastled by the PD like this for YEARS. I am fuggin pissed. BTW, no ticket (thanks dude), I guess after he realized I was a 34 year old man with a 14 year old child, he figured I was no harm.

I showed him my DB test paper from RMR, and he says "that anyone can make that." "If the CHP pulls you over you'll be ticketed and have to get a test where they hook up an Ohm meter to the tail pipe to test.....whatever it says on that paper.

Thanks for the education occifer.

They need to be out catching these fuggers shooting people on the FWYs and bad SUV drivers instead of messing with our EVO community of good drivers.

ultraflip
05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
wait wait wait.... hook up an ohm meter?
ohm - The amount of resistance overcome by one volt in causing one ampere to flow. an electronics term...

i woulda asked him to hook up my exhaust to his "ohm" meter... dunno what kinda voltage he's gonna wanna pull though... lol

Timujin
05-02-2005, 07:35 PM
wait wait wait.... hook up an ohm meter?
ohm - The amount of resistance overcome by one volt in causing one ampere to flow. an electronics term...

i woulda asked him to hook up my exhaust to his "ohm" meter... dunno what kinda voltage he's gonna wanna pull though... lol

I tried not to laugh because I didn't want a ticket.

ultraflip
05-02-2005, 07:36 PM
fair enough... kudos for getting off from a bs ticket!

Macky
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM
instead of looking for evos, i agree they should look for the shooters

bogey8
05-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm glad he let you go without writing you a ticket. Your exhaust is not even that loud.

kur4ki
05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
damn the cops
I live in DB!
where were you pulled over?

Timujin
05-02-2005, 11:38 PM
damn the cops
I live in DB!
where were you pulled over?

He spotted me on Sunset Xing. Pulled over on Rock River.

Skiracer
05-03-2005, 07:16 AM
If you are not asian and live in DB, you'll get pulled over :shock:

ultraflip
05-03-2005, 07:26 AM

hahahahaha

Skiracer
05-03-2005, 08:12 AM
You should get your exhaust tested by the ref so you can carry the certificate stating that it meets Cali's noise level requirements so you can avoid getting a future ticket.

kur4ki
05-03-2005, 10:02 PM

hahah fsho man!
DB is like infested with asians...

Timujin
05-04-2005, 12:07 PM
I am not asian, but my name is Genghis Kahn does that count? My eyes squint when I laugh :lol:

Alpha4LFE
05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
you need to strike the jdm pose next time.

escabar
05-05-2005, 01:22 AM
agreed. SUVs and ahole minivan drivers are some of the worst...

most modded car drivers seem to have manners down here...

glad you didnt get a ticket...fought two off myself...both within 3 months...both on El Toro...I avoid that damn El Toro trap at all costs theze days...

mr0072003
05-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I got pulled for the same thing, tinted covers over my license plate....checked my VIN agains my paper work and let me go with no ticker......I have been getting harreses tooo..

gh0stch1ld
05-05-2005, 04:56 PM
lol that wat nothing man. I got pulled over b/c they thought I was racing when i was driving the speed limit. I was like wtf? Some guy in a souped up eclipse flew by me. He was goin at least 95 mph. Then the cops pulled us both over. Harrassed me why i was racing. They cuffed the other guy and went back to me and asking me a million times why i was racing. I was like office, i was driving the speed limit, how is that racing? Then he was like "son i saw you and him zig zagin from irvine center drive and harvard". I told him that i got off on Jamboree and wasn't even on ICD. I showed him the reciept for Quiznos cuz i was at lunch. The cop apologized says someone was racing the other guy and had the exact same car as mine. I was like uh huh. But yeah man mine is bone stock and i get harassed constantly.

evooci
05-05-2005, 05:17 PM
why would you want to put tint covers over your license plates :?

MAFIOSO8
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
some of those tint plate covers bend light and refract it so a camera cannot take a picture and help cancel out a laser gun.

Macky
05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
some of those tint plate covers bend light and refract it so a camera cannot take a picture and help cancel out a laser gun.

but it gives cops an excuse to pull you over - kind of like having tint on windows

MAFIOSO8
05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
yup.

rammsteinmatt
05-05-2005, 05:36 PM

the camera might be true, but it is very difficult to get a radar/lazer gun to not reflect back to the sender. mainly because there are so many surfaces other than the license plate that reflect the waves/radiation. btw the IC isnt really one of the main reflectors, like one would think, so no sense in removing that to reduce radar signature

mr0072003
05-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I didi it just for looks, and it really helps......O well If I get oulled over for it once more I will take them off.

evooci
05-05-2005, 06:00 PM
good to know the reasons thanx but like macky said it gives cops a tempting reason to pull a driver over...something to think about for evo owners if they want to reduce the # of pull overs :idea:

Timujin
05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
good to know the reasons thanx but like macky said it gives cops a tempting reason to pull a driver over...something to think about for evo owners if they want to reduce the # of pull overs :idea:

EVO VIII = tempting reason to pull a driver over.

If I had tinted plate covers on my F150 4x4 with a flowmaster and Harley sticker on the rear window...

ovenmit331
05-06-2005, 10:02 AM

If I had tinted plate covers on my F150 4x4 with a flowmaster and Harley sticker on the rear window...

:werd:

Skiracer
05-06-2005, 10:05 AM

Don't forget the shotgun rack in the bed of the truck...

Macky
05-06-2005, 10:32 AM

not quite so. there are a lot of other reasons why people are pulled over. Oftentimes its profiling. Yes having an Evo does increase the chances of you getting pulled over, but as what has been proven time and again – if a cop doesn’t see any obvious reasons to pull you over (tint : windows and/or license plate, big-&-loud exhaust) they would be hard-pressed to find an excuse. That said, there are cops that do nothing but harass imports, but that comes with the territory. If you cant deal with it, drive a beater or move elsewhere.

The whole deal with the lifted trucks not getting harassed is, in my opinion, just lame. But what can we do? The cops are biased and unless something drastic happens to change that (like a truck version of 2F2F where trucks go to street races and crash a lot) it will remain so in the foreseeable future.

The bias cops have though, can be minimized. For starters, just don’t be a dick driving. Don’t prove to the other car yours is faster or drive recklessly. Drive like a normal person on public roads and if you do feel the urge to gallop your horses, go to the track. Granted it will take more than a miracle for the bias to go away overnight, but if less and less of us (import car drivers) are seen racing on the streets, it will gradually affect the way cops see us and eventually the harassment will go away (or minimize at least)

it all depends. and ultimately, if you guys cant deal with it, then you shouldnt be driving the Evo in the first place.

Just my .02s

Timujin
05-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Here is your .02s back...........I didn't ask for it.

:lol:

rammsteinmatt
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
you dont have to hate on macky just because he sees it for how it is :wink:

Macky
05-06-2005, 05:18 PM
wtg with the 2 cents, too bad its non refundable once you read it :roll:

Timujin
05-07-2005, 12:59 PM
:skid: