PDA

View Full Version : New to Evo -

RDubya
05-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Whatsup everybody

Brand new to this forum, got my Evo 2 weeks ago!!! Look forward to meeting you all, exchanging ideas/opinions on mods etc.

How do I attach images on here so I can show my ride?

Skiracer
05-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Welcome! http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=29

BOVBILLY
05-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Welcome! http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=29

Blaze
05-04-2005, 05:39 PM
welcome!

santhology
05-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Welcome and Congrats on the Buy!!

RDubya
05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, and the links..noobs need all the help they can get!

Looks like my pics are too big of file sizes to be posted anyways, as I upload them but they arent visible in my gallery afterwards. I'll take some smaller res pics this weekend.

RDubya
05-04-2005, 06:28 PM
By the way, anyone have recommendations as to the proper break-in procedure?

-manual says under 5k for 500mi
-another enthusiast told me keep 3k rpms (or ouf of boost) or less for first 600mi, and I'll end up with a turbo with more "pull"
-then there's the whole synthetic oil/break in debate..

I'm already at 300mi and have kept rpms at 3k rpms or less. Not sure if this will ultimately help perf. in the long run or not. I figure I got another 2-3 weeks of babying before I can really start driving my new Evo.

EvoPwr
05-04-2005, 06:30 PM

-another enthusiast told me keep 3k rpms (or ouf of boost) or less for first 600mi, and I'll end up with a turbo with more "pull"

I'm already at 300mi and have kept rpms at 3k rpms or less. Not sure if this will ultimately help perf. in the long run or not. I figure I got another 2-3 weeks of babying before I can really start driving my new Evo.

yes keep it as low as possible as long as possible, better safe than sorry...our TCs are already crappy enough :wink:

RDubya
05-04-2005, 06:49 PM

yes keep it as low as possible as long as possible, better safe than sorry...our TCs are already crappy enough :wink:

Yeah but what do you recommend "as long as possible" ?, that mean 600mi? 1000? 3000? Thanks for feedback

EvoPwr
05-04-2005, 07:22 PM

Yeah but what do you recommend "as long as possible" ?, that mean 600mi? 1000? 3000? Thanks for feedback

hehe 600 should be good enough, but if you can hold out to 1000...i would do that.

BTW you should come to our meet tomorrow night at the Tustin Marketplace

RDubya
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
I'll try & do 1000mi, but thats going to be real hard!

I can't make it tonight but I really want to. Next week for sure (every thursday right?)

I work just 3 exits south of Tustin marketplace.

What about lunch/day meets, you guys ever have those?

RDubya
05-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Getting my DP & Exhaust installed on Thursday

I'll post pics Friday!!

:driving:

RDubya
01-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Can someone remind me when the weekly local (949) Evo meetings take place? (I can't seem to find the thread under meets and events)

I have not yet had the opportunity to attend and I'm anxious to meet you knowledgeable members out there and get some input on mods etc.

Terry S
01-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Can someone remind me when the weekly local (949) Evo meetings take place? (I can't seem to find the thread under meets and events)

I have not yet had the opportunity to attend and I'm anxious to meet you knowledgeable members out there and get some input on mods etc.

Check the Orange County thread.

Terry S

SpdyEvo02
01-23-2006, 05:31 PM
For Irvine we have meets on thursday at the Tustin market place in front of the best buy @ 7:30