05-05-2005, 09:26 PM
hahhah that sucks

Senshi
05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
lol why is it off center :lol:

alex_alex
05-05-2005, 09:50 PM
you found that out only now? :shock:

i've noticed it for a while. just never said anything about it, nor have i heard anyone else say anything about it

alex_alex
05-05-2005, 09:56 PM
my AMS is a bit off in the same direction also, but the bigger hole in the bumper covers it up a lot better

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album333/IMG_8822.sized.jpg

rammsteinmatt
05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
i say, dont buy it! boycott it! its off by a centimeter. whoopty fucking do [hand motion for this phrase]

alex_alex
05-05-2005, 10:17 PM
i say, dont buy it! boycott it! its off by a centimeter. whoopty fucking do [hand motion for this phrase]

it still looks pretty shitty to me. :roll:

rammsteinmatt
05-05-2005, 10:24 PM

it still looks pretty shitty to me. :roll:

it is a mitsu, don't get your hopes up to high

leaveit2bevo
05-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I agree with alex, if you buy a 30000 car shit should be even.

whiteJDMevo
05-05-2005, 10:46 PM
its not that big of a deal and if your buying a normal 30000 dollar car then yea.. but a big reason to buy the evo is the performance.. you have to be able to give certain things up

EVOate909
05-05-2005, 10:55 PM
man... i never noticed that.. :? sux for a 35k+ car

alex_alex
05-05-2005, 11:00 PM
its not that big of a deal and if your buying a normal 30000 dollar car then yea.. but a big reason to buy the evo is the performance.. you have to be able to give certain things up

lame. you shouldn't have to give THAT up. the paint, i understand. the cheap interior, i understand.

but to move the goddamn intercooler one inch to the right? isn't too much to ask IMO

leaveit2bevo
05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
this poison is my intoxication

j_nizzle
05-05-2005, 11:44 PM

seriously, terrance and i were hating on this design for a while...the new front bumper sucks and generally most people dont like it! it seems to be a conservative form of the gialla/c-west front bumper. it's higher than our stock ones now...just my opinion but it's ugly!

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 12:32 AM

seriously, terrance and i were hating on this design for a while...the new front bumper sucks and generally most people dont like it! it seems to be a conservative form of the gialla/c-west front bumper. it's higher than our stock ones now...just my opinion but it's ugly!

but i don't think the bumper is crooked / off, im pretty sure its the intercooler

Macky
05-06-2005, 09:02 AM
he didnt say it was off, he said it looked higher.

tabio42
05-06-2005, 11:07 AM
The Intercooler is UPSIDE DOWN!! HOLY CRAP! THAT'S H4X! It's way more L337 that way. Btw, why do those tanned people get a new Evo? When do we get one?

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 11:39 AM
he didnt say it was off, he said it looked higher.

then he had absolutely no reason to quote what you said then. what he quoted from you was directly referring to something you thought i JUST found out, and that had to do with the IC.

whiteJDMevo
05-06-2005, 11:42 AM

i thought that the new bumper looks pretty good .. but everyone has there own opinions

Macky
05-06-2005, 11:49 AM
then he had absolutely no reason to quote what you said then. what he quoted from you was directly referring to something you thought i JUST found out, and that had to do with the IC.

damn quote button :shock:

hksevo8
05-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Could the pictures and cars you have noticed this on do far been preproduction versions? Sometimes this happens when the first models roll off the line.

j_nizzle
05-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Btw, why do those tanned people get a new Evo? When do we get one?

those "tanned" people........hahahaha priceless!

MAFIOSO8
05-06-2005, 05:39 PM
who cares as long as the car performs what next your going to cry about the fact that the drivers side headlight is adjusted to aim 2 inches lower than the passenger side headlight. :roll:

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 06:18 PM
who cares as long as the car performs what next your going to cry about the fact that the drivers side headlight is adjusted to aim 2 inches lower than the passenger side headlight. :roll:

some people don't like the car looking like shit.

but ive seen the interior of your car, and im guessing you dont care at all. its straight performance for you :peewee:

gofaster87
05-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Mine is a little tilted. Oh well, it doesnt keep it from going fast.

MAFIOSO8
05-06-2005, 06:22 PM
yes sam we all know your cars fast..... :roll:

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 06:23 PM

yeah so's my ams.

gofaster87
05-06-2005, 06:32 PM

yeah so's my ams.

Really? Is it becasue of the brackets being bent or they just in the wrong place. I think mine are bent slightly.

EVO Neil
05-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Let, the IX hating begin from the VIII owners. :lol: :crazyeyes:

BOVBILLY
05-06-2005, 07:03 PM
LOL @ NEIL!

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 10:02 PM

please. the this isn't like the hating the MR's from the regular evo guys, based on subjective preferences for certain things.

the intercooler being offcenter is a pretty objective flaw. unless, of course, you have a preference for misaligned parts. :lol:

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 10:03 PM

. . . otherwise, who said anything about hating the IX? if the intercooler was offcenter on the VIII, id say the same thing

GokuSSJ4
05-06-2005, 11:01 PM

yeah so's my ams.

Really? Is it becasue of the brackets being bent or they just in the wrong place. I think mine are bent slightly.
glad that the AVO FMIC doesn't have any fitments issues.

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 11:11 PM

yeah so's my ams.

i was pretty amazed at how perfectly constructed the AVO is. its just DAMN heavy. I picked one up when i spoke with Roshan a million years ago, and that MFer is hefty)

EVO Neil
05-06-2005, 11:43 PM

please. the this isn't like the hating the MR's from the regular evo guys, based on subjective preferences for certain things.

the intercooler being offcenter is a pretty objective flaw. unless, of course, you have a preference for misaligned parts. :lol:

I just found it funny! All of the negative comments in this thread about the IX because, and get this, the intercooler is off slightly center . To me that's funny! :lol: Maybe I'm the only one to see the humor in this thread?

alex_alex
05-06-2005, 11:47 PM

I just found it funny! All of the negative comments in this thread about the IX because, and get this, the intercooler is off slightly center . To me that's funny! :lol: Maybe I'm the only one to see the humor in that?

all i know is, if i just bought a brand new evo IX, that would piss the hell outta me :lol: but im autistic like that. I also like starting at the lines on the car over and over and over again. My feathers get extremely ruffled when shit doesn't fit properly or line up. Then again, its an excuse to get a new FMIC. :)

Macky
05-07-2005, 12:06 PM
guys just get a different I/C

j_nizzle
05-07-2005, 12:47 PM
guys just get a different I/C

simple solution...

gofaster87
05-07-2005, 12:53 PM

yeah so's my ams.

Its not really an issue its just slightly tilted and it can be fixed but IM not as anal as you schwabs.

Absinthe
05-08-2005, 11:00 PM

yeah so's my ams.

Its not really an issue its just slightly tilted and it can be fixed but IM not as anal as you schwabs.

Proved by the fact your rlling around vegas with no front bumper...and all duct taped up.

ovenmit331
05-09-2005, 03:33 PM

I just found it funny! All of the negative comments in this thread about the IX because, and get this, the intercooler is off slightly center . To me that's funny! :lol: Maybe I'm the only one to see the humor in that?

all i know is, if i just bought a brand new evo IX, that would piss the hell outta me :lol: but im autistic like that. I also like starting at the lines on the car over and over and over again. My feathers get extremely ruffled when shit doesn't fit properly or line up. Then again, its an excuse to get a new FMIC. :)

hey dumbass, wrong fuckin disorder. i think you meant OCD. And for claiming you're obsessive compulsive, i think you just proved yourself not.

*EDIT* Sorry if i come off like an ass, just hits a little close to home.

alex_alex
05-09-2005, 04:48 PM

hey dumbass, wrong fuckin disorder. i think you meant OCD. And for claiming you're obsessive compulsive, i think you just proved yourself not.

*EDIT* Sorry if i come off like an ass, just hits a little close to home.

im pretty sure it wasnt the wrong disorder. I worked with autistic kids, excuse me, children with autism, for 3 years of my college life, and following lines /edges of shapes and being obsessed with shape / symmetry was pretty common.

but im sorry if i offended you, didn't mean to make TOO much light of it.