PDA

View Full Version : FMIC on Evo 9 IS NOT "OFF CENTER"

Macky
05-07-2005, 05:35 PM
to end the speculation once and for all, i went to the dealer to day and did some measuring and looked at some photos i had of the 9.

conclusion: the Evo 8 (and for that matter, the Evo 7 as well) 's front bumper design (the gaping "mouth") is wide enough to "hide" the Intercooler's appearance of being off center. whereas the Evo 9's front bumper design puts a smaller "frame" around the intercooler, thus emphasizing the off center placement of the intercooler.

with some masking tape, a ruler and a few reference photos, the end tanks of the Evo 8 (and 7 as well) arent exactly the same size and shape. the part on the passenger side has the piping a bit straighter as well, and the driver side more angled downward. after tagging a few other reference points and superimposing an evo 9 bumper over the 8's I/C, the evo 8's intercooler looked "off center".

so once and for all, stop whining about the 9's IC being off center. better have your eyes checked first before arriving at petty conclusions.

later

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:01 PM
to end the speculation once and for all, i went to the dealer to day and did some measuring and looked at some photos i had of the 9.

conclusion: the Evo 8 (and for that matter, the Evo 7 as well) 's front bumper design (the gaping "mouth") is wide enough to "hide" the Intercooler's appearance of being off center. whereas the Evo 9's front bumper design puts a smaller "frame" around the intercooler, thus emphasizing the off center placement of the intercooler.

with some masking tape, a ruler and a few reference photos, the end tanks of the Evo 8 (and 7 as well) arent exactly the same size and shape. the part on the passenger side has the piping a bit straighter as well, and the driver side more angled downward. after tagging a few other reference points and superimposing an evo 9 bumper over the 8's I/C, the evo 8's intercooler looked "off center".

so once and for all, stop whining about the 9's IC being off center. better have your eyes checked first before arriving at petty conclusions.

later

or you might wanna have your logic checked.

what you've observed doesn't lead to your conclusion in the title that the Evo 9 bumper is not off center.

All you've found out is that the evo8 IC is off center too, a conclusion that no one was challenging. IT was even suggested that the evo 8 FMIC might be the same way, but was just less noticeable b/c of the wide gaping mouth on the evo 8 bumper.

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:04 PM
but don't worry, my other post was just an observation.

you wont see me hating on the IX in my profile, up until the point that i buy one myself. :peewee:

Macky
05-07-2005, 08:22 PM

what you've observed doesn't lead to your conclusion in the title that the Evo 9 bumper is not off center.

All you've found out is that the evo8 IC is off center too, a conclusion that no one was challenging. IT was even suggested that the evo 8 FMIC might be the same way, but was just less noticeable b/c of the wide gaping mouth on the evo 8 bumper.

you just reiterated my point.

alex, define off center though - my point was the smaller opening gave the "look" that the I/C was "off" the centerline of the car (assuming you people have straight vision and see a vertical division on the car). the 8 and 7 bumpers did not enhance the look as it does with the 9. seeing more and more photos of the 9 being this way while the 8 and 7 cars I/C's "looked straight" proves (or at least suports the theory) that if you narrow that gap, you tend to see certain "flaws" on how the I/C is located in front of the car.

for all sakes and purposes, the updated bumper gave the appearance - does that automatically make the bumper itself off center?

in that case, no. it is not "off center" by the way you want to point it out. it is not skewed, nor is it off kilter. its just that due to how the I/C is mounted by the factory on the car does it give the appearance the I/C is off to one side.

now i do not know what you tried to point out with your observation, because you just re-worded what i said.

RaysurX
05-07-2005, 08:28 PM
:banghead:

Enough....

Ryukyu
05-07-2005, 08:39 PM
oh ok, so the Evo 9's intercooler is not off center, its just off center?
I know, its SYMMETRICALLY CHALLENGED!

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:41 PM

you just reiterated my point.

alex, define off center though - my point was the smaller opening gave the "look" that the I/C was "off" the centerline of the car (assuming you people have straight vision and see a vertical division on the car). the 8 and 7 bumpers did not enhance the look as it does with the 9. seeing more and more photos of the 9 being this way while the 8 and 7 cars I/C's "looked straight" proves (or at least suports the theory) that if you narrow that gap, you tend to see certain "flaws" on how the I/C is located in front of the car.

for all sakes and purposes, the updated bumper gave the appearance - does that automatically make the bumper itself off center?

in that case, no. it is not "off center" by the way you want to point it out. it is not skewed, nor is it off kilter. its just that due to how the I/C is mounted by the factory on the car does it give the appearance the I/C is off to one side.

now i do not know what you tried to point out with your observation, because you just re-worded what i said.

1) i define off-center as meaning, if you drew a line splitting the car in exact symmetrical halves (as the car nose is facing you), and you drew a line splitting the intercooler core in exact symmetrical halves, you would have two lines that SHOULD overlap one another but in fact do not. (easy point of reference in lieu of mentally dividing the car in half is to look at the two holes on the front bumper, the little tiny piece of bumper between the holes, and using that as a reference for the center of the bumper.

2) you're saying that the smaller opening gave the "look" that the I/C was "off" the centerline of the car. Assuming that the bumpers themselves are symmetrical (which they look to be), you can't really make it "look" like the IC was off the centerline without having the IC actually be offcentered.

3) you said "for all sakes and purposes, the updated bumper gave the appearance - does that automatically make the bumper itself off center?"

- i dont believe anyone was saying the bumper itself is off center. quite the contrary.

4) what im understanding your post to be saying is that the evo 9 bumper is what brings out or otherwise enhances the fact that the evo 9 FMIC is off the center line, and that the "off-centered-ness" is not a problem UNIQUE to the 9's, but rather, was also the case on the 7's, and the 8's.

what I'M saying is that no one ever disagreed with that point. what you took to be my re-iterating your statement was actually what i had been saying the whole time in the post that this thread is referring to, namely, that the off-centered-ness may be just a function of the bumper.

bottom line: I said the evo 9 FMIC is off-center. You said it was too. The fact that it also happens to be this way on the older evo's is really irrelevant. The conclusion i came to in the other post was that the evo 9 FMIC was off-center, thats it. it WASN'T that the evo 9 FMIC was MORE off center than any other evo.

alex_alex
oh ok, so the Evo 9's intercooler is not off center, its just off center?
I know, its SYMMETRICALLY CHALLENGED!

:lol: im not sure i understand it either

Macky
symmetry - sounds like subaru to me :shock:

ultraflip
05-07-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.fatwillie.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10006/internet_cock.jpg
:twisted:

Ryukyu
05-07-2005, 08:42 PM
It's really not that bad. Its not like the old Mazaspeed miatas, looking like it had one tooth off center.

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/322004123844.jpg

Macky
05-07-2005, 08:44 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:45 PM
It's really not that bad. Its not like the old Mazaspeed miatas, looking like it had one tooth off center.

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/322004123844.jpg

no its really not that bad at all, and really isn't worth this thread.

i just didn't see how Macky's observation "ended speculation once and for all"

Macky
05-07-2005, 08:45 PM
if you didnt feel like posting then why post in the first place?

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:48 PM

really, even yours ? :lol:

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a364/a364.gif

chill out, im just messing around, im asian too

Macky
05-07-2005, 08:49 PM

lol now that made my day :lol:

/rant

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:50 PM
if you didnt feel like posting then why post in the first place?

i didn't feel like posting on this thread, except for the fact that it didn't make any sense.

the original thread was JUST a tiny observation. they may not be as grandoise and purposeful as your threads, but hey, what can i say, im just a borderline retar.

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:50 PM

lol now that made my day :lol:

/rant

they took that shirt off of t-shirt hell too, along with the native american one :(

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album333/native_americans.gif

Macky
05-07-2005, 08:53 PM
the original thread was JUST a tiny observation. they may not be as grandoise and purposeful as your threads, but hey, what can i say, im just a borderline retar.

no worries, i was bored, decided to waste more time while at the dealer so there - nonsense thread :shock:

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 08:55 PM

no worries, i was bored, decided to waste more time while at the dealer so there - nonsense thread :shock:

in all honesty, if i didn't have so much invested in this one already, id pick up a IX MR, like i said in the other post.

but id have a hard time getting rid of the BBY since you can't get one in that color anymore :peewee:

ultraflip
05-07-2005, 08:59 PM
http://www.fatwillie.net/cpg/albums/userpics/11774/normal_image001.jpg

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 09:09 PM
http://www.fatwillie.net/cpg/albums/userpics/11774/normal_image001.jpg

:lol:

http://www.umkc.edu/lib/spec-col/ww2/PacificTheater/images/filipino.jpg

ultraflip
05-07-2005, 09:14 PM
http://www.fatwillie.net/cpg/albums/userpics/10006/normal_cookie4.jpg

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 09:19 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/iwanttopeeonyou/peeonyou.jpg

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 09:20 PM
ok ill stop now. i hope you know im just messing around. didn't mean for that penis post to rile you up. :x

ultraflip
05-07-2005, 09:24 PM
that last pixer u posted didn't work.... heh

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 09:32 PM
that last pixer u posted didn't work.... heh

oh really? oh well. its a picture of two storm troopers urinating, and it says "i want to pee on you"

i couldn't find the one Bevo posted a while ago with R Kelly saying the same thing

rammsteinmatt
05-07-2005, 10:46 PM
you know its really interesting to read this thread from beginning to end, and observe the progression :wink:

Macky
05-07-2005, 10:52 PM
you know its really interesting to read this thread from beginning to end, and observe the progression :wink:

kinda like watching a goat give birth to a turkey :shock: :lol:

JanSolo
05-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I absolutely miss the Worse Than Hell shirts from TShirtHell.com. :(

alex_alex
05-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I absolutely miss the Worse Than Hell shirts from TShirtHell.com. :(

i do too :( did you see his explanation for taking them off? its like he suddenly grew a vagina on his forehead . . .

j_nizzle
05-07-2005, 11:52 PM
macky starts weird threads for the sake of posting again and again and again...w/o socalevo.net, macky would be the most lifeless person on earth!

alex_alex
05-08-2005, 02:48 AM
macky starts weird threads for the sake of posting again and again and again...w/o socalevo.net, macky would be the most lifeless person on earth!

hey what happened to your avatar?

Macky
05-08-2005, 10:52 AM

w/o me your cars would die

j_nizzle
05-08-2005, 10:12 PM

hey what happened to your avatar?

i dunno...

j_nizzle
05-08-2005, 10:14 PM

w/o me your cars would die

you're not the only evo freak........

Macky
05-09-2005, 08:30 AM
you're not the only evo freak........

correction.....superfreak 8)