PDA

View Full Version : Stock Head unit

Absinthe
05-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Is there a line-out on the basic factory head unit?

If so people who know this, how can I wire up an amp to this bitch so it doesn't sound so lousy?

If you haven't guessed I'd like more volume with out the attention of an aftermarket head unit.

PiNG
05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
my stock MR dosn't have line out connector of any type (rca or just wire) , it might be time for upgrade from your stock headunit.

Absinthe
05-09-2005, 11:28 AM
crap I was afraid of that

ovenmit331
05-09-2005, 02:13 PM
yeah definately no line out. you can get an amp and do speaker level inputs until you upgrade the head unit though.

GokuSSJ4
05-09-2005, 02:21 PM
stop being cheap dave !
buy a unit and get a higher sound quality

Absinthe
05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
stop being cheap dave !
buy a unit and get a higher sound quality

whats the point? with all the goddamn rattles and squeaks in the car not to mention the exhaust and the tire noise, loud is all I care about. And besides given my track record for getting cars jack i dont need any more attention than the seats already draw.

GokuSSJ4
05-09-2005, 02:39 PM
buy something that is not to expensive, get a decent amp w/ some decent speakers and you are set. Other wise stop complaining about the sound quality that you get out of the stock unit :P
IMO stock radio and stock speakers are more than enough for playing : salsa, merengue, reggaeton, hip-hop , etc....

Absinthe
05-09-2005, 02:54 PM
buy something that is not to expensive, get a decent amp w/ some decent speakers and you are set. Other wise stop complaining about the sound quality that you get out of the stock unit :P
IMO stock radio and stock speakers are more than enough for playing : salsa, merengue, reggaeton, hip-hop , etc....

what about your mariachi album?

gofaster87
05-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Alpine makes a good headunit for around 260 that plays mp3s as well. Cheap solution.

j_nizzle
05-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Alpine makes a good headunit for around 260 that plays mp3s as well. Cheap solution.

alpine is trash...pm me for system help.

ovenmit331
05-09-2005, 04:39 PM
check my sig for speakers and H/U. the H/U was cheap and plays mp3's as well. has a great amp in it to start with for speakers and two sets of lineouts for amps and such...

j_nizzle
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
check my sig for speakers and H/U. the H/U was cheap and plays mp3's as well. has a great amp in it to start with for speakers and two sets of lineouts for amps and such...

i wont bash your head unit but as for everything else............polk? someone needs to lay off the import tuner.

LoyalTrojan
05-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Once you buy an after market HU, you gotta go all the way, change the speakers, add amps, woofer/s etc. I just swapped my stock HU with Alpine CDA-9813 and it sounded worse with stock speakers!! :(

ovenmit331
05-11-2005, 03:02 PM

i wont bash your head unit but as for everything else............polk? someone needs to lay off the import tuner.

whats wrong with those speakers? they sound pretty dad gum good. and never picked up an import tuner. thanks though

j_nizzle
05-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Once you buy an after market HU, you gotta go all the way, change the speakers, add amps, woofer/s etc. I just swapped my stock HU with Alpine CDA-9813 and it sounded worse with stock speakers!! :(

i know what you mean. i did the same thing and went all the way.