PDA

View Full Version : CUSCO Swaybar = SUCK??

genrec
05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Hay guys, i did a search on swaybars..........and notice everyone is running or pushing the RRE or Works.........why not CUSCO, do they suck?? I was considering running all Cusco bars...........but i won't get it
if you can let me know the reasonings not to! Is it price, function, quality?

-Gracious

j_nizzle
05-09-2005, 09:11 AM
i think rre sells the progress rear sway-bar....i have it on my car now and i love it. i got it for a really good price direct through progress. pm me and i can help you get one.

trannb
05-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Bigger front bar = makes evo's inside tire lifts when cornering (read: when you need it the most)
Bigger rear bar = makes evo more neutral

Cusco front bar = bigger
RRE rear bar = bigger

Buying all cusco stuff because you think it was all designed to work together and you like the blue = bling

If you don't want a more neutral car, don't get the RRE bar.

GokuSSJ4
05-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Bigger front bar = makes evo's inside tire lifts when cornering (read: when you need it the most)
Bigger rear bar = makes evo more neutral

Cusco front bar = bigger
RRE rear bar = bigger

Buying all cusco stuff because you think it was all designed to work together and you like the blue = bling

If you don't want a more neutral car, don't get the RRE bar.
This moment brought to you by Namzilla...

Absinthe
05-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Hay guys, i did a search on swaybars..........and notice everyone is running or pushing the RRE or Works.........why not CUSCO, do they suck?? I was considering running all Cusco bars...........but i won't get it
if you can let me know the reasonings not to! Is it price, function, quality?

-Gracious

People get the RRE rear bar because John is here doesa great job and is affordable.

You dont need a front bar.

Cusco rear bar will work fine but you won't have the chance tpo get it dialed in the John will if you buy his set up from RRE.

genrec
05-09-2005, 11:42 AM
my bad, i should of been more specific, i was not intending on running a new front sway, only the rear.........

Nils
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
cusco rear bar is 23mm
progress rear bar is 25mm

stiffer rearend will turn the car better. I have had both and love the progress bar.

trannb
05-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Guess it depends on how "neutral" you want your car.

The RRE/Progress bar simply works and for a reasonable price. It's worked well on both street and track cars. It's adjustable so it can be more or less stiff, depending on what you like. Most people run it in full-stiff.

If you are planning on buying a sway bar for better handling, I would consider something in the 25-26mm range with some amount of adjustability.

genrec
05-09-2005, 12:15 PM
cusco rear bar is 23mm

stiffer rearend will turn the car better. I have had both and love the progress bar.

do you feel the difference mainly at the track.........could you honestly tell from daily street driving??

Nils
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
I only feel the difference at the track.

I just dont drive the car hard enough on the streets to feel a difference.

If you never plan on tracking your car then I recommend just sticking with stock swaybars.

n

ovenmit331
05-09-2005, 02:07 PM
by more "neutral" does that mean more or less propensity to kick the end out?

Nils
05-09-2005, 03:27 PM
by more "neutral" does that mean more or less propensity to kick the end out?

more.

n

j_nizzle
05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
I only feel the difference at the track.

I just dont drive the car hard enough on the streets to feel a difference.

If you never plan on tracking your car then I recommend just sticking with stock swaybars.

n

i agree with that...the progress makes almost no difference on the street unless you're really spirited and dont mind risking tickets. but on the track vs stock, it's another beast!

EVOate909
05-09-2005, 03:35 PM
i got the perrin rear swaybar...

im about to install it in a lil bit :wink:

speed8
05-09-2005, 05:55 PM
I got the RRE sway bar, and the car is much easier to drive. Once you get used to keeping your foot on the gas all the way through the corner. If not you will feel the rear end swing around. Of course this is on the track, and not on the street like eveyone said. RRE gives you good prices, they set up your car to perform the best and give you good adice.

ipifiny
05-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but when ya ya buy the RRE sway bar, does John set it up for you? i was confused by some of the posts and just wanted a bit of clarity. Thanks.

leaveit2bevo
05-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but when ya ya buy the RRE sway bar, does John set it up for you? i was confused by some of the posts and just wanted a bit of clarity. Thanks.

you dont have to but the only way your going to make full use of it is with the bushings rear sway and custom allignment.

MAFIOSO8
05-10-2005, 05:37 PM

you dont have to but the only way your going to make full use of it is with the bushings rear sway and custom allignment.
yup the red headed jewish boy from west la is right.

EVOate909
05-11-2005, 02:48 AM
PERRIN sway bar install went pretty good..very easy to install...and dam wuta difference :shock:

trinydex
05-11-2005, 07:01 AM
cusco rear bar is 23mm

this is deceptive... the cusco bars are solid... and i believe the progress/rre bars are hollow...

in any case... stiffer is better but stiff also has to work in conjunction with the front bar in which case john's setup is perfect cuz you don't have to fuck around and buy 3 bars and return 1 or slice it in half cuz you got nothing better to do with it.

tama_mog
05-15-2005, 01:10 PM
already sold my cusco front/rear sways and went with RRC's progressive setup =X