PDA

View Full Version : Helix Intake and Gruppe-S

ipifiny
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
So i recieved the Helix Intake from Gruppe-S. My first impressions...(Cal, maybe you can chime in on this one)...The directions are worthless. All very generalized and many of them are incorrect. Eventually i figure it all out by reading write-ups on the AEM and the HKS intakes. As i'm installing the intake, i realize that the 2 hose clamps they give you to attach the silicon tube to the turbo are a hair to small..What gives? So i just used some larger clamps i had lying around. Well, I continue with the install and realize i have the same problem with the hose clamps for the BOV...just a hair to small. So i just used the stock one again. No problem. Once i finished with the install, I take it for a test run. I definetly feel a difference. My car pulled harder, which is always good to have. I also love the sound it has for the BOV. Not annoying for every day driving, but an awesome sound at WOT. Overall, i think it is a great vaule. Solid quality and it sits firmly in the engine bay. Just 2 things to Helix and/or
Gruppe-S:
1. You need to give bigger hose clamps. Its much better to have too much than too little.
2. Someone write some better instructions...I can't imagine it would take one of your employees more than a few hours to write up an install with more than a phrase for each step and some pictures.

This isn't at all a bash; just some suggestions. Thanks to Helix for bringing us great product at an afordable price....something that is very hard to find these days.

DTunedEvoX
05-09-2005, 10:37 AM
PICS PICS PICS PICS! 8)

ipifiny
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/ipifiny/DSC00007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/ipifiny/DSC00008.jpg

Ask, and you shall recieve...

airforce1
05-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Hmmmm,

Gruppe-S and Helix........should I say something or not? Very tempting but nah, just do a search.

ipifiny
05-09-2005, 10:33 PM
I feel your pain, airforce...I think we all know your situation. I'm just posting my personal experience with their product, just as your posted yours. Hope ya get everything settled.

airforce1
05-09-2005, 11:40 PM
I feel your pain, airforce...I think we all know your situation. I'm just posting my personal experience with their product, just as your posted yours. Hope ya get everything settled.

Thanks, Glad to hear you have good power going!

GOOSE_Ej
05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
was it hard to install?

looks good mang.. :buds:

ipifiny
05-10-2005, 09:55 AM
The install isn't too bad. Harder than a Honda, but still not too bad. The whole thing took me about 2 hours. The hardest part is getting the clamp of the stock tube that conects with the turbo. If you can get that off, the rest is cake.

CT9A RS
05-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Looks good.