PDA

View Full Version : Face lift?

MAFIOSO8
05-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Okay now don't get me wrong I think the site looks good but it could use a couple things here and there that quickpost that was recently added was a great Idea but a couple things would make this site better for instance the banner on the top of this site could have a slide show with pics of our evo's and events we have had. On a side note what ever happened to the featured evo of the month thing that never happened and sam never got his car on the front page as was promissed and I thought that it was a great Idea. Back on topic the colors of this site could look better along with they styling of it. There should also be a minimum post count required to post in the Private and Member Classifieds section to reduce the possibilty of scams and what not. Now if anyone has any positive ideas please contribute to this thread, and I'll be looking for any pics that would look good in the banner feel free to pm me any pics that you think are appropriate.

rammsteinmatt
05-11-2005, 05:27 PM
all those ideas sound good to me, but for the slideshow thing, some people use 56k and well, that would suck for them. somethimes i even feel slow with DSL on this site, so 56k must really suck. just something to keep in mind though

GokuSSJ4
05-11-2005, 06:44 PM
where is dino when you need him ??? :?

MAFIOSO8
05-11-2005, 06:45 PM
ya were is dino?

gofaster87
05-11-2005, 06:51 PM
all those ideas sound good to me, but for the slideshow thing, some people use 56k and well, that would suck for them. somethimes i even feel slow with DSL on this site, so 56k must really suck. just something to keep in mind though

I didnt know 56k existed these days. Anyone owning an Evo should be abble to afford a decent puter with dsl or cable I would think. I may be wrong though.

rammsteinmatt
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM

I didnt know 56k existed these days. Anyone owning an Evo should be abble to afford a decent puter with dsl or cable I would think. I may be wrong though.

i personally think 56k should be wiped from existance, but im trying to be nice and look out for others (im not really good at it though because i never do it usually).

j_nizzle
05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
wow renzo....you want to be a mod and/or admin real bad......

Chris in SD
05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
What's that sucking sound?? :shock:

GokuSSJ4
05-12-2005, 09:58 AM
What's that sucking sound?? :shock:

LOL no wonder he has been acting different lately, hmmm....

WavMixer
05-12-2005, 10:26 AM

I didnt know 56k existed these days. Anyone owning an Evo should be abble to afford a decent puter with dsl or cable I would think. I may be wrong though.I can afford and Evo, but up untill a few months ago broadband was not available in my area. I had to connect to the Interent with a two cans with a string run between them.

drmosh
05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
A facelift to the user is one thing, a facelift to us, the admins means a whole different thing... it means a more up to date, powerful system with more features...

So while we can add features to the existing SoCalEvo, it would not do us good in the long run to stay with the current system because of it's limitations.

We are still in the process of evaluating our future strategy as far as software for hosting.

Motion Garage
05-21-2005, 03:42 PM
The only thing that needs a facelift is Renzo's post........PERIODS MAN, PREIODS!!!!! :lol: