PDA

View Full Version : new clutch line

itsa281
05-11-2005, 09:25 PM
ok so it looks pretty easy but im not sure about bleeding the clutch after does anyone have any tips ???

evolved
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
get a beer bottle and a rubber hose.
fill the bottle half way with good brake fluid
put rubber hose on zerk fitting (bleeder valve)
put hose into bottle so that it is submerged.
Bleed brakes normally I.E. pump pump pump hold, open valve close valve. pump pump pump hold.....ect ect ect.

The beer bottle will keep any air from going back into the lines when you are bleeding your brakes,,, plus you can see if you got all the air out of your line by the lack of bubbles comeing out of the hose.

this is what I do. Anybody else got a better way.

BTW I used to use reverse bleeding, but I havent since I got a car with ABS, any thoughts on if it would be ok or not?

lqdchkn
05-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Ummm no, not for the clutch. try this:

http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPath=2&tech_id=17

itsa281
05-12-2005, 04:03 PM
ok well it took me about three housr to do but i did it by the way its easy to do if you use a vacuum pump. 8)

evolved
05-12-2005, 05:01 PM
shit,,,, mybad for some reason I saw clutch but read brakes.
Im a dumbass

500whp
05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah clutch should be very easy, since the line is so short!

Best to have a Pressure Bleeder, and someone to help!

Keep fluids top off, and evolved: "pump pump pump hold, open valve close valve. pump pump pump hold.....ect ect ect. "

The bleeder is below the intake!

airforce1
05-12-2005, 10:36 PM
get a beer bottle and a rubber hose.
fill the bottle half way with good brake fluid
put rubber hose on zerk fitting (bleeder valve)
put hose into bottle so that it is submerged.
Bleed brakes normally I.E. pump pump pump hold, open valve close valve. pump pump pump hold.....ect ect ect.

The beer bottle will keep any air from going back into the lines when you are bleeding your brakes,,, plus you can see if you got all the air out of your line by the lack of bubbles comeing out of the hose.

this is what I do. Anybody else got a better way.

BTW I used to use reverse bleeding, but I havent since I got a car with ABS, any thoughts on if it would be ok or not?

make sure you drink the beer first.... :lol: