PDA

View Full Version : AMS evo finally loses

Macky
05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
...to a freakin old school car that basically had nothing but an engine and NOS...

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57.jpg (http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57)

Click here to see Video (http://srvidz.vidiac.com/Player.aspx?fileid=1BF870F3-B471-479B-8E5F-8BCF61D2EB57)

DTunedEvoX
05-15-2005, 09:23 PM
*shrug* aww well - still a fast ass car I wouldnt mind having ... not to mention looks a ton better than that oldie moldy (to me anyway)...

NOS - what ya expect *shrug* 8) That EVO still gets my props ...

Skiracer
05-15-2005, 09:24 PM
NOS plus 412 cubic inches of detroit iron...

kaane
05-15-2005, 09:25 PM
put a 300 shot on the evo and let's see =P

Macky
05-15-2005, 09:34 PM
how much does that kind of old junk weigh anyway? they should make it even with a full interior and four less cylinders. :lol:

alex_alex
05-15-2005, 09:40 PM

you'll see it blow the hell up on the track like that yellow z06 :lol:

ultraflip
05-15-2005, 09:55 PM

you'll see it blow the hell up on the track like that yellow z06 :lol:

+1

leaveit2bevo
05-15-2005, 10:07 PM
ya but it did beat the 667rwhp cobra pretty nicely, and common its a 300 shot of nitrous.

johnny
05-15-2005, 10:13 PM
ya but it did beat the 667rwhp cobra pretty nicely, and common its a 300 shot of nitrous. :werd: take off the nos and see what happends :D

EvoPwr
05-15-2005, 10:26 PM
wow it lost to a non streetable car who cares :roll:

the fukin car was towed there...lets see it go through a drive-thru

DUROEVO
05-15-2005, 10:37 PM

+1

DUROEVO
05-15-2005, 10:41 PM

+1

Smogrunner
05-15-2005, 10:50 PM
There's always a bigger fish...

GOOSE_Ej
05-15-2005, 11:04 PM
NOS is for the weak. :roll:

darthfoul
05-15-2005, 11:14 PM

Important: they both were running nitrous.

sidewaysevo
05-15-2005, 11:20 PM
a win is a win.

gofaster87
05-16-2005, 02:12 AM

NOS is about winning the game. It is far from weak. Whatever gets you across the finish line first. Its about the same thing as saying using forced induction is weak. Power is power.

EVOate909
05-16-2005, 02:48 AM
u win some...u lose a lil bit :lol:

stuart5150
05-16-2005, 07:40 AM
When you can race something like that you still win in my book, thats some pretty sick ass company if you ask me. That Camaro sounded like a top fuel dragster :0)

Alpha4LFE
05-16-2005, 08:35 AM
That camaro was damn fast, and if the guy is going to tow his car just to race a little evo, that can only mean he's got a lot of respect for the evo.

Macky
05-16-2005, 08:37 AM
^^^that was my thing too. if the evo was modded to the point it needed a trailer, i bet it would have won against that rust bucket

Smogrunner
05-16-2005, 08:47 AM
The V8 boys had to bring out a pretty big dog to win that fight. Nothing for them to too good about except that they avoided embarrassment.

genrec
05-16-2005, 08:49 AM
ask any real racer, and they'll tell ya it's not if you win
by a................YOU ALL KNOW THE REST!! :lol:

eclipstastic
05-16-2005, 10:43 AM
nice match though a stroked evo and a 412cubic inch monster with NOS. evo just need sum NOS

CT9A RS
05-16-2005, 04:48 PM
i dont know but that camaro sounded like it had a lot more than just a 300 shot of nos. That thing sounded like it was cammin pretty good. Neways a win is a win.

slorice
05-16-2005, 05:00 PM

Like any car is unbeatable. Like Smoggy said there is always a bigger fish.
Give the Camaro its props and move on. Losing to a 9 sec car is respectable IMO. :)

EvoPwr
05-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Give the Camaro its props and move on. Losing to a 9 sec car is respectable IMO. :)

Props? none, it went against a street car.

Race car vs. Street car, why give respect for something you expect out of a car like that :roll:

moogle
05-16-2005, 05:24 PM

Race car vs. Street car, why give respect for something you expect out of a car like that :roll:

I give props to the evo, the camaro was a race car not a street car. I mean there will always be a faster car, but that was a give away that the camaro would win. Lets find a camaro that's streetable and race again. Still I knew that evo would get shotdown sooner or later.

EvoPwr
05-16-2005, 05:33 PM

I give props to the evo, the camaro was a race car not a street car. I mean there will always be a faster car, but that was a give away that the camaro would win. Lets find a camaro that's streetable and race again. Still I knew that evo would get shotdown sooner or later.

well next time it would have been a top fuel dragster if the evo beat the camaro. and for the camaro to only pull away that slowly :roll: i would rather have the car i could take to 7-11 for a 40

SSwest
05-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Man you guys are getting butt hurt over this... give credit where its due. The Camaro had it, period, race car or street.

i would rather have the car i could take to 7-11 for a 40

:buds:

Oh...and what song is it that's playing at the start of the vid??

johnny
05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
^^ i agree with evopwr not hating on the camaro but id rather have a street car than a car you can only drive a quarter mile at a time. just my .02

EvoPwr
05-16-2005, 06:33 PM
^^ i agree with evopwr not hating on the camaro but id rather have a street car than a car you can only drive a quarter mile at a time. just my .02

+1 :wink:

j_nizzle
05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
i read the whole thread and renzo...i mean dom toretto hasnt chimed in yet. :roll:

EvoPwr
05-16-2005, 06:38 PM
i read the whole thread and renzo...i mean dom toretto hasnt chimed in yet. :roll: :roll:

atlvalet
05-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I actually laughed when I saw them trailer the car in. I mean, c'mon.

I, for one, assumed the Evo was going to be racing against other street cars. And I haven't yet seen a Cobra that's beaten that Evo. That Camaro is FAST though.

Macky
05-16-2005, 08:36 PM
what i want to see is that camaro with four less cylinders and run against the evo

SSwest
05-17-2005, 01:12 AM
Guys, guys guys... You can not compare apples to oranges! Power is power no matter how many cylinders you have or how much NOS, weather it came in rolling off the street or off the trailer. I would look at it as very impressive that a car like that finally beat that car. PLEASE stop getting butt hurt over our flagship EVO finally getting beat, IT HAPPENS!

IS2000
05-17-2005, 01:14 AM
i dont know but that camaro sounded like it had a lot more than just a 300 shot of nos. That thing sounded like it was cammin pretty good. Neways a win is a win.

That Camero has a lot more than 300 shot. The car ran 6.1@109mph for 1/8 mile.

rammsteinmatt
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Guys, guys guys... You can not compare apples to oranges! Power is power no matter how many cylinders you have or how much NOS, weather it came in rolling off the street or off the trailer. I would look at it as very impressive that a car like that finally beat that car. PLEASE stop getting butt hurt over our flagship EVO finally getting beat, IT HAPPENS!

yes a win is a win, and it doesnt have to be a fair fight, if an evo can take on a car with 2x cylinders and 3x displacement - more power to them. but the fact of the matter is that is is a street car vs. a race car. yes techincally michael schumacher driving his F2005 could beat the AMS evo in every category and he would agreeably win because he crossed the line first, but honestly whats the point? it comes down to the same thing a purpose built race car vs. a really really fast street car. hopefully the race car will win, if it doesnt then something got muddled up

(i had to magnify the race car to give the full effect because aparently there is a disagreeal between members on what a race car is, so i made the example clear)

SSwest
05-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Cry me a river, stop making excuses... The EVO lost and you guys are just looking for any excuse to justify it.

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I would look at it as very impressive that a car like that finally beat that car.

umm "that a car like that finally beat that car"???

WTF are u talking about, who is impressed that a "race" (non-streetable) V8 with a 300 shot of NOS beat a I4 w/ a turbo (completely streetable)?

you were right in the first sentence with comparing apples and oranges but then blew it with the rest of the post. :roll:

SSwest
05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I would look at it as very impressive that a car like that finally beat that car.

umm "that a car like that finally beat that car"???

WTF are u talking about, who is impressed that a "race" (non-streetable) V8 with a 300 shot of NOS beat a I4 w/ a turbo (completely streetable)?

you were right in the first sentence with comparing apples and oranges but then blew it with the rest of the post. :roll:

Like I said before, it doesn't matter how you make the power, its all the same in the end. And yea, I am impressed, with the fact that someone had to bring a "race" car from the fuckin sticks to beat that "street" EVO. All I hear is... :cry: quit bitching!

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 05:47 PM
you said you were impressed with the camaro...do you understand what you wrote. bitching? you sound like a V8 lover...go get one then. btw :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :banghead:

SSwest
05-17-2005, 05:50 PM
you said you were impressed with the camaro...do you understand what you wrote. bitching? you sound like a V8 lover...go get one then. btw :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :banghead:

Maybe I will just so I don't have to deal with kids like you...fuckin wankster

gofaster87
05-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey Im a V8 lover. If youre a hardcore dragracer theres no replacement for displacement. For other avenues of driving I like the smaller motors.

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 05:55 PM

WTF wankster? you actuallu used that word? sorry i am not trying to be a gangsta "homie" "g". shizzle doggie go get a hoe down and drink a 40 for the homies. You call me a kid? nice. real mature you are, i have seen that from you in these posts. GROW THE FUCK UP!!!

tabio42
05-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow when did this turn into a "hate american cars" board? This reminds me of the Subaru boards. Two cars raced, one won. There are faster cars out there than that Camaro. You think if he gets beaten by a twin turbo V10 he's gonna say "yeah let's see him beat me with two less cylinders and no turbo"?

Instead of talking smack about a car that is beyond most of us to build, let's try to appreciate the fact that it (as well as that Evo) is a really fast car. Who cares if it isn't streetable? I know someone that has an 800WHP C5 Vette that he drives around all the time. There is always a faster car. Until you get to DeLorean level. Then it tops out.

0-400 years in 12 seconds...

SSwest
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Wow when did this turn into a "hate american cars" board? This reminds me of the Subaru boards. Two cars raced, one won. There are faster cars out there than that Camaro. You think if he gets beaten by a twin turbo V10 he's gonna say "yeah let's see him beat me with two less cylinders and no turbo"?

Instead of talking smack about a car that is beyond most of us to build, let's try to appreciate the fact that it (as well as that Evo) is a really fast car. Who cares if it isn't streetable? I know someone that has an 800WHP C5 Vette that he drives around all the time. There is always a faster car. Until you get to DeLorean level. Then it tops out.

Thank You!

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 06:14 PM

Thank You!

i dont hate american cars, my dream car is a 1970 chevelle ss...i just dont see what is soo amazing about a nonstreetable car beating a streetable one. i didnt bring up the # of cylinders or NOS, im just saying who the fuk cares about comparing these two types of vehicles?

800WHP vette...more power to him (no pun intended). if it streetable than it gets respect for a street race.

tabio42
05-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I wasn't directing everything I said at you. And I don't mean to antagonize you. It's just that I think fast cars are cool regardless of the circumstances. The Evo took on the race knowing it was a trailered car. He knew what he was getting into. So it is as fair as possible. Every car is tuned with a specific purpose (Like my drag/rally/road race/hill climb/dakar Evo...) and that Camaro just happens to be able to go in a straight line faster than that Evo. And that's exactly what the purpose of the video was. To compare straight line performance. Not to compare street cars' performance.

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
I wasn't directing everything I said at you. And I don't mean to antagonize you. It's just that I think fast cars are cool regardless of the circumstances. The Evo took on the race knowing it was a trailered car. He knew what he was getting into. So it is as fair as possible. Every car is tuned with a specific purpose (Like my drag/rally/road race/hill climb/dakar Evo...) and that Camaro just happens to be able to go in a straight line faster than that Evo. And that's exactly what the purpose of the video was. To compare straight line performance. Not to compare street cars' performance.

yes, but who is surprised by the results? no one. thats what i am trying to point out. yes the camaro was faster and a towed in funny car would be a lot faster than the camaro, but no one cares.

Milleneon
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
First Post...been lurkin around though and had to say something.

A win is a win. Comparisons in a match will always be made, all comparisons are tossed aside when the EVO stepped up and lined up next to him, ballsy, but no room for excuses between the cars....just who gets there first.

If a boxer doesn't want to get knock the hell out by a superior opponent, he don't step in the ring. Period.

IMO they both are bitching cars but in reality only one won.

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM

A win is a win. Comparisons in a match will always be made, all comparisons are tossed aside when the EVO stepped up and lined up next to him, ballsy, but no room for excuses between the cars....just who gets there first.

If a boxer doesn't want to get knock the hell out by a superior opponent, he don't step in the ring. Period.

any1 say the evo won?........

Milleneon
05-17-2005, 06:35 PM

Not at all but you'll making excuses.

johnny
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
:poke: j/k

EvoPwr
05-17-2005, 06:47 PM

what excuses?

SSwest
05-17-2005, 08:33 PM

what excuses?

Man, you just won't give up will you? Wankster

airforce1
05-17-2005, 09:02 PM

Thank you for verbalizing the obvious.

Macky
05-17-2005, 09:36 PM
damn you guys need some pms pills

IH8VTEC
05-17-2005, 10:09 PM
trailer in an evo and beat streetable camaro and they will call no fair before the race is over

speed8
05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
DUROEVO wrote

+1
+1

atlvalet
05-17-2005, 10:44 PM

I love how you complain about 'kids' and then call someone a 'fuckin wankster.' Talk about juvenile :?

If you need to trailer a car in, I mean give me a break. Yeah the Evo lost. And yeah, next thing you know people will be bringing a tube frame running on methanol to beat the Camaro. Give me a break.

trailering a car in to beat a street car = :bs:

moogle
05-18-2005, 01:00 AM

I love how you complain about 'kids' and then call someone a 'fuckin wankster.' Talk about juvenile :?

If you need to trailer a car in, I mean give me a break. Yeah the Evo lost. And yeah, next thing you know people will be bringing a tube frame running on methanol to beat the Camaro. Give me a break.

airforce1
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
When the AMS evo soundly trounced the cobras, most if not all SVT forum members were unanimous in praising its performance. Comments were very respectful and evenhanded. I am embarrassed to see the petty backbiting from our SoCal evo members that I normally see on SRT-4 and honda/vtec forums. We got beat. End of story.

moogle
05-18-2005, 01:32 AM
When the AMS evo soundly trounced the cobras, most if not all SVT forum members were unanimous in praising its performance. Comments were very respectful and evenhanded. I am embarrassed to see the petty backbiting from our SoCal evo members that I normally see on SRT-4 and honda/vtec forums. We got beat. End of story.

I already forecast that the evo was going to get beat sooner or later bcz there will always be a faster car, but in this situation it was a give away.
We got praises bcz we had the same power, level as they do. If the camaro was as streetable as the evo than it was a fair race. Whatever camaro won...

I don't see why u should be embarassed, who are u embarassed to the v8 community...

Deca Auto
05-18-2005, 01:33 AM
I wonder how the spool is on the 2.3 gt35.

Anyways Camaro won outright, but that Evo is maybe the best rounded car. It got handling, streetability, and AWD+turbo!!

airforce1
05-18-2005, 02:04 AM

I already forecast that the evo was going to get beat sooner or later bcz there will always be a faster car, but in this situation it was a give away.
We got praises bcz we had the same power, level as they do. If the camaro was as streetable as the evo than it was a fair race. Whatever camaro won...

I don't see why u should be embarassed, who are u embarassed to the v8 community...

Moogle,

Let me clarify. I am merely comparing the respect other communities give our car. The posts Socal Evo members are putting up are *less* than professional and therefore embarassing. Just my 2 cents.

Kilterman
05-18-2005, 06:57 PM

Your right and thats why drag racing is race what you brung , all this races does is send a message : If you arnt driving a gutted out 412ci camaro with a 300 shot , you will not win against this EVO . period.

I am more afraid of this EVO now than I would be if I had only watched the Cobras Vidz. think about how well that EVO did against a superior drag car?

moogle
05-18-2005, 07:55 PM

Moogle,

Let me clarify. I am merely comparing the respect other communities give our car. The posts Socal Evo members are putting up are *less* than professional and therefore embarassing. Just my 2 cents.

got it.

johnny
05-19-2005, 06:04 PM
i agree the evo did well

Your right and thats why drag racing is race what you brung , all this races does is send a message : If you arnt driving a gutted out 412ci camaro with a 300 shot , you will not win against this EVO . period.

I am more afraid of this EVO now than I would be if I had only watched the Cobras Vidz. think about how well that EVO did against a superior drag car?

trinydex
05-19-2005, 06:19 PM
dude... what is so street about that evo? would it pass smog? would it get pulled over and not have to go to the ref? what the fuck quantifies a street car to you people? you think that fuckin' camaro couldn't drive it's own ass to the race? it CAN it might even take a few tanks of gas to do it... but guess what... it CAN dude prolly just doesn't wanna get his car impounded for doing it. and if people knew what was inside the evo... it'd get fuckin' impounded too.

you think a fuckin' interior means you ahve a street car? get real... these are BOTH production cars. ONE being QUITE A LOT OLDER than the other. doesn't anyone think it's amazing that such an old car can still hold it's bolts together while making that kinda power? if everyone is so... OH technology... that's what makes power.. then why not give it up cuz that motherfuckin' lopey monster makes the power WITHOUT technology. how's that?

gofaster87
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I have to agree with trinydex on this one. I had a supercharged big block with over 1200 hp on a 55 nomad that would spank that evo and it can drive on the street just needed some good gas because of the compression. The Evo is not a street car its streetable but so are many carbed street rods that run 9 and 10s daily driven. BIG DEAL. I would rather trailer my car to a race if I had that much power. Better a trailer than AAA. Id rather bring it home my way not theirs just in case something broke. We have technology they have displacement, its a good compromise.

trinydex
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
bah... i want technology AND displacement! how about them twin turbo lt1/ls1s :].

that's why we need a racing series that is hp limited... like jgtc... so we can see all kinds of cars... na and turbo and supercharged all competing for who's lightest and then when tehy get pole position slap some weight on 'em and let's see the competition!

i still think f1 is let's see who can fiddle with the brake balance control knob the best. and let's see if we can make this turn swept at 2.001 g's instead of 1.9... BAH 1.9 gs... that's not even close to spacecraft take off.

ridiculous... we need a series with production cars... stuff WE drive stuff that WE can build and stuff that's exciting for anyone to watch... where there's ALWAYS an underdog ... maybe EVERYONE is the underdog.

isn't that why rally is so exciting? cuz in the end... anyone can mess up... in the end it's unpredictable... and the cars look familiar and mean and cool. and it sucks when your team didn't go hom with the gold but MAN DID YOU ENJOY WATCHING IT ANYWAY!

atlvalet
05-19-2005, 08:27 PM
dude... what is so street about that evo? would it pass smog? would it get pulled over and not have to go to the ref? what the fuck quantifies a street car to you people?

My only point is that's a Florida car. Do they even have refs there? I would say it qualifies as a street car. Not everywhere is like Kalifornia.

And I said this before, that Camaro is FAST.

trinydex
05-19-2005, 08:34 PM
all i'm sayin' is.... wasn't that camaro drivin' on the street... the street is more of less the same everywhere... so what do you mean by street car? cuz what was so... unstreet about what the camaro was doin'?

i saw stithis trailor his car to streets of willow... does that mean he can't drive it on the street? no... that thing has a full interior and was running stock turbo at the time.... what's the big fat deal with the trailor?

atlvalet
05-20-2005, 01:42 PM
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this.

I was asuming it was going to be daily drivers...and I admit I could be smoking crack.

If drag racing is all about "run what ya brung" then get John Shephard on the phone real quick like.

And believe me, I give props to that Camaro. Just get me a tube frame car running meth. And get me a trailer :)

EvoPwr
05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
fok fok fok fok, so many hypocrites, "wanksta" again very mature.

CAMARO WON, NO SHIT :roll:

EVO LOST, NO SHIT :roll:

i expect that from a car like that, it better have won, otherwise that guy driving it should have killed himself. anywho im done here, people just arent listening to the actual words that are being said. they have all just been fukt up the ass by some V8 guys and are looking to not get fukt up the ass again so they try and stand up for the V8s....omg how embarrassing the socalevo members arent giving this race car mad "props" there another one for you "wanksta" :roll:

airforce1
05-20-2005, 06:34 PM

everyone please read words of wisdom above and let the issue rest. We got beat.

trinydex
05-20-2005, 06:48 PM
fok fok fok fok, so many hypocrites, "wanksta" again very mature.

CAMARO WON, NO SHIT :roll:

EVO LOST, NO SHIT :roll:

i expect that from a car like that, it better have won, otherwise that guy driving it should have killed himself. anywho im done here, people just arent listening to the actual words that are being said. they have all just been fukt up the ass by some V8 guys and are looking to not get fukt up the ass again so they try and stand up for the V8s....omg how embarrassing the socalevo members arent giving this race car mad "props" there another one for you "wanksta" :roll:

why are you even talking? some people are car guys... car geeks that like cars no matter what form they're in... and sometimes they like them cuz they're good at what they do. the mclaren is a street car... will beat my street car. my street car towed to the strip would still lose to that camaro. and yes yes, we can all say it's a 30k car and it handles better than the camaro... give it up. why fuck this dead horse in the ass?

maturity? why are you guys even discussing that? you know what maturity is? maturity is the ability to have respect for something regardless of popular opinion or otherwise... the the class and character associated with respecting other people their interests, religion, sexual orientation, race, social background etc. whoever started hatin' on a car that is obviously good at what it does... is immature... cuz they're gonna get their lil panties in a bunch because "they/their team" lost or whatever.

seriously... just have respect... that's all there needs to be, if you don't like it... then dislike it respectfully, and say what you mean. say that you don't like it cuz you don't like american cars... not trouncing around saying that the evo is the king of the world.

leaveit2bevo
05-20-2005, 07:29 PM
this thread is gay IBL

8-AGAIN
05-21-2005, 03:45 PM
This thread went down hill and now its just lame......

I think Its obvious we all like fast cars and its also obvious that the camaro won......OK.......

Some of you fucking preachers get so butt hurt you bore everyone to death with this BS.......

????Why arnt the sport bike guys talkin shit about how the R1 with a 50 shot beat the evo from a role?????Cause it was supposed to.....

Both cars are fast....The evo is just alot more civil and so it gets alot more credit in my book....I hope some of you go and get yourselves a camaro just like that one ,412ci motor, 300 shot,striped out,and role up to one of the meets with your "STREET CAR"....I bet youll be real comfortable....OH and dont get pulled for NO brake/tail lights and whatever else that car was missing........

IBL...

EvoPwr
05-22-2005, 01:53 PM
This thread went down hill and now its just lame......

I think Its obvious we all like fast cars and its also obvious that the camaro won......OK.......

Some of you fucking preachers get so butt hurt you bore everyone to death with this BS.......

????Why arnt the sport bike guys talkin shit about how the R1 with a 50 shot beat the evo from a role?????Cause it was supposed to.....

Both cars are fast....The evo is just alot more civil and so it gets alot more credit in my book....I hope some of you go and get yourselves a camaro just like that one ,412ci motor, 300 shot,striped out,and role up to one of the meets with your "STREET CAR"....I bet youll be real comfortable....OH and dont get pulled for NO brake/tail lights and whatever else that car was missing........

IBL...

wow, that was put perfectly.

again no one "dissed" the camaro "dogs". i love american cars, i am waiting to save up enough money for a 1970 chevelle ss. so all the v8 lovers here need to step the fuck back and realize what we are talking about.

Cr0mster
05-22-2005, 02:35 PM
dude... what is so street about that evo? would it pass smog? would it get pulled over and not have to go to the ref? what the fuck quantifies a street car to you people? you think that fuckin' camaro couldn't drive it's own ass to the race? it CAN it might even take a few tanks of gas to do it... but guess what... it CAN dude prolly just doesn't wanna get his car impounded for doing it. and if people knew what was inside the evo... it'd get fuckin' impounded too.

you think a fuckin' interior means you ahve a street car? get real... these are BOTH production cars. ONE being QUITE A LOT OLDER than the other. doesn't anyone think it's amazing that such an old car can still hold it's bolts together while making that kinda power? if everyone is so... OH technology... that's what makes power.. then why not give it up cuz that motherfuckin' lopey monster makes the power WITHOUT technology. how's that?

So true. If the Camaro had been driven to the race would everyone still be saying OMG it's gutted with a 300 shot!??!

This thread looks like most the threads on the SRT-4 forums.

That Evo is sicking. It's the most impressive 4 banger I have seen in a long time. Who cares if it lost a race. At the end of the day it still hauls major ass.