PDA

View Full Version : Amuse Exhaust

AD_LIB
05-18-2005, 05:24 PM
So I just went to look at the Power House Amuse exhaust over at bulletproof...all i can say is WOW...weights 10lbs and quality is SICK!!!
Should have it on the car friday with the rear diffuser if all goes well. Also saw the Jspeed high power downpipe in person...its an expensive piece but very nice and very good quality..if i was going to keep the stock turbo i would definatly consider that piece.

-Brian

gofaster87
05-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Get some power mods dood. The 16 year olds dont care about Amuse.

rammsteinmatt
05-18-2005, 05:33 PM
So I just went to look at the Power House Amuse exhaust over at bulletproof...all i can say is WOW...weights 10lbs and quality is SICK!!!
Should have it on the car friday with the rear diffuser if all goes well. Also saw the Jspeed high power downpipe in person...its an expensive piece but very nice and very good quality..if i was going to keep the stock turbo i would definatly consider that piece.

-Brian

what rear diffuser and can you post pics of it installed and such? (i guess with the exhaust in the pic as well, kill 2 birds with one stone kinda thing)

JB1
05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
I will have the amuse exhaust in 2 weeks. Ordered a while ago. Wiil post pics.

airforce1
05-18-2005, 06:03 PM

His sig suggests he has some power mods. He also mentions he would be upgrading his turbo. What do 16 yo have to do with his post?

kipper215
05-18-2005, 06:18 PM
it's amazing how something can cost so much and give so little in return.

leaveit2bevo
05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Brian ill trade you my rainbow tip hks carbon ti for you normal one!

AD_LIB
05-18-2005, 06:57 PM
thats fine man...i'll bring it monday night

-BA

leaveit2bevo
05-18-2005, 07:57 PM
HAHAHAH fucking sweet

gofaster87
05-19-2005, 04:07 AM

His sig suggests he has some power mods. He also mentions he would be upgrading his turbo. What do 16 yo have to do with his post?

Kick back. I know the guy and Im just giving him shit. Mind your own business.

Blaze
05-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Isn't that company also famous for cookies?

http://www.coffeegiant.com/coffee/images/amoschocochipX.jpg

GokuSSJ4
05-19-2005, 09:36 AM
just pick one exhaust and move on to the next thing :P
you need to put that money for buying the EMS, instead of another exhaust you don't need. Or at least cams

trackmango
05-22-2005, 03:52 AM

Max out the potential out of each individual parts is how teams build race cars. Some people like to do that to their street cars...

CT9A RS
05-22-2005, 05:18 PM
i dont know the amuse exhaust is one sexy ass piece. I would get it if i could afford it and didnt worry about the noise gettin me pulled over. But bulletproof has the jspeed downpipe sexy too.

alex_alex
05-22-2005, 05:33 PM

Max out the potential out of each individual parts is how teams build race cars. Some people like to do that to their street cars...

yeah but that only works when you assume that you have the capability of maxing out everything.

when you don't, how you allocate what you spend on will ultimately affect how much you can "max out" your car as a whole with the budget you have to work with

AD_LIB
05-23-2005, 11:58 AM
amuse exhaust is on...its not as loud as i thought. I got the EXTRA Titan one tho that has a resonator not the straight though piece. This thing really does weight 10 lbs...i picked it up with one hand its rediculously light. Bevo sorry to give you bad news but i sold the exhaust to a guy at harmon motive while I was there...saved me a bunch of hassle. Anyway I'll talk about it with you tonight. Anyway I agree this is a very expensive exhaust, but the quality is first rate...this comes in one big section so no extra flanges or bends or anything its just straight though. The welds are all top notch and its a full 3" pipe...If you have the money its a great exhaust.

also as in most JDM exhausts beware there is NO o2 sensor bung.
-BIG SPECIAL THANKS TO HARMON MOTIVE FOR THE INSTALL!

-Brian

Mister
05-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Very nice!
Would love to see pics of that thing!

JB1
05-24-2005, 12:42 PM
I get my Amuse exhaust this week. If there is no 02 bung what did you do?

EVOate909
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
pics!!
pics!!

AD_LIB
05-24-2005, 02:49 PM
here you go

http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=101678&img=IMG_5487.jpg

http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=101679&img=IMG_5488.jpg

http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=101680&img=IMG_5489.jpg

http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=101681&img=IMG_5490.jpg

enjoy

-BA

AD_LIB
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
JB1 well you can either just roll around with a check engine light ....or you can take it to a highly reputable shop used to dealing with things like this...such as RRE, they should be able to weld you on a bung faster than you can say JDM rules. Also you can try your chances with the local muffler shop.

-BA

JB1
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. Car and exhaust look awesome. I'm dying to pick mine up. Hope to see your car in person soon!

Chris in SD
05-24-2005, 06:44 PM
It looks great, but that rear exhaust hanger is crying to pop off... Just a word of advice - you might want to have a piece of aluminum or something under that section of the piping to alleviate stress.

kipper215
05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
the design looks very close to the RSR exhaust. straight pipe with very little bends. of course Amuse is a whole lot lighter

AD_LIB
05-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Chris not sure what you mean...the whole exhaust weighs in at like 10 lbs I really doubt its putting more stress on that hanger than the 30+ lb exhaust was.

-B

sidewaysevo
05-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Very nice. How does it sound? Forget tapping a bung for the o2, just get a helix test pipe. u doesn’t want to screw up your nice piping.

Chris in SD
05-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Chris not sure what you mean...the whole exhaust weighs in at like 10 lbs I really doubt its putting more stress on that hanger than the 30+ lb exhaust was.

-B

I just meant the weld looks very delicate there and it's on top of the exhaust. I know it doesn't weigh much, but any bumps, etc. will still stress the weld. I had a broken hanger on RMR exhaust (which was fixed no problem), but it was re-designed to include the weld lower on the piping.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Amuse whore, I just would hate to see you break that hanger and drag that sexy exhaust. BTW, how loud is it? The Amuse Ti exhausts for the S2000 are pretty loud...

GokuSSJ4
05-24-2005, 10:08 PM

-B

I just meant the weld looks very delicate there and it's on top of the exhaust. I know it doesn't weigh much, but any bumps, etc. will still stress the weld. I had a broken hanger on RMR exhaust (which was fixed no problem), but it was re-designed to include the weld lower on the piping.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Amuse whore, I just would hate to see you break that hanger and drag that sexy exhaust. BTW, how loud is it? The Amuse Ti exhausts for the S2000 are pretty loud...

Chris is right! you should look into that, you would be suprise what TQ or a bumpy road can do to a hanger. Its always worth the xtra insurance, especially on such exhaust.

AD_LIB
05-24-2005, 11:55 PM
I see what you mean, didnt really think much about that makes sense though. Its actually only a bit louder than my old HKS was...the tone is deeper however which i love. Its very mean sounding.
I'll post up some sound clips eventually.

-B

Mister
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
JB1 well you can either just roll around with a check engine light ....or you can take it to a highly reputable shop used to dealing with things like this...such as RRE, they should be able to weld you on a bung faster than you can say JDM rules. Also you can try your chances with the local muffler shop.

-BA

Does RRE weld titanium? Last time I checked, Burns Stainless (www.burnsstainless.com ) is one of the few places in So. Cal. that can weld Titanium. They fixed my Top Secret exhaust on my S2000.
Might want to look into them.

Again....nice exhaust Ad_lib!

AD_LIB
05-25-2005, 05:33 PM
oh good call man i figured since the sold the Greddy exhaust they could weld titanium...I'm wodering if there is a way around the O2 bung thing. I'm not sure what that o2 sensor is for...is it just emissions or is it actually feeding valuable data to the ecu?

JB1
05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
GT Fabrications can weld Titanium also. Did some research on it.

CT9A RS
05-31-2005, 02:13 PM
signal auto can weld titanium as well.

JB1
06-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Well I recieved my Amuse exhaust today. 70mm piping with no resonator. Full straight pipe and I got it so the whole tip is Blue. Will try and post pics later this week. Hoping to get it on this weekend.

hksupersi
06-06-2005, 12:03 PM
hey jb1 wheres the pics of the exhaust.

JB1
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
exhaust is sitting in wrap still in my living room. No time to get it on yet. I'll try and take some pics tonight.

Mister
06-07-2005, 03:35 PM
exhaust is sitting in wrap still in my living room. No time to get it on yet. I'll try and take some pics tonight.

You got the one with complete blue gradiation finish?
I've been dying to see what it looks like installed on the car!

AD_LIB
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
thats the thing about these exhausts is every one is unique!

JB1
06-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Gonna go Dyno the Amuse exhaust tomorrow at Harmon. I'm also running a Fujitsubo Downpipe and Helix test pipe. I'll post results tomorrow night. Loving the Amuse exhaust right now. Sound awesome. Really deep. Still has that "tinging" noise cause it's all Ti but I'm digging it alot.

hksupersi
06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Gonna go Dyno the Amuse exhaust tomorrow at Harmon. I'm also running a Fujitsubo Downpipe and Helix test pipe. I'll post results tomorrow night. Loving the Amuse exhaust right now. Sound awesome. Really deep. Still has that "tinging" noise cause it's all Ti but I'm digging it alot.

make a vid of ur dyno run or something. and sounds of the amuse.thanks.

Skiracer
06-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I took a video at Harmon when i got dyno'd. Do the taping outside of their garage because if you tape inside the garage, the only thing you hear is the rollers on the dyno spinning. Sounds much better when u tape from the outside since you hear mostly the exhaust.