PDA

View Full Version : WORKS DP help

IH8VTEC
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm installing the works dp and have a gasket and a metal doughnut. Anyone know how these go on? I've looked at all the possibilites and none look to solid.

lqdchkn
05-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Just a guess but doughnut to O2 housing and gasket to cat. In general one end should fit the doughnut and the other should be flush for a gasket.

IH8VTEC
05-27-2005, 11:57 PM
they say in the instructions it goes 02 housing-gasket-doughnut-dp. that does not seat very well. it allows the gasket to slide around and become skewed while tightning. it almost seems better to forget the doughnut and just go 02 housing-gasket-dp. the dp is bigger(deeper) than stock, so I dont know if it will seal correctly.

JanSolo
05-28-2005, 12:00 AM
they say in the instructions it goes 02 housing-gasket-doughnut-dp. that does not seat very well. it allows the gasket to slide around and become skewed while tightning. it almost seems better to forget the doughnut and just go 02 housing-gasket-dp. the dp is bigger(deeper) than stock, so I dont know if it will seal correctly.

It takes a bit of doing, but that is indeed how it is supposed to attach.

lqdchkn
05-28-2005, 12:06 AM
:worthy: Thanks Jan, I was just thinking, Damn Jan would know.

JanSolo
05-28-2005, 12:09 AM
:worthy: Thanks Jan, I was just thinking, Damn Jan would know.

I spent about 30 minutes installing it myself, wondering WTF I had to do to get it on right, so I know your pain. :buds:

Coolguy949
05-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, i beleive the WORKS DP comes with a new doughnut gasket. Remove the old of off the o2 housing my pulling on it with your fingernails or using a small screwdriver.

IH8VTEC
05-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, i beleive the WORKS DP comes with a new doughnut gasket. Remove the old of off the o2 housing my pulling on it with your fingernails or using a small screwdriver.

You are exactly right sir! I didn't realize there was a doughnut spacer on the 02 housing, it came right off and the dp went straight on like it says on the box. Thank you.