PDA

View Full Version : HKS Carbon-Ti Problem:UPDATE

genrec
06-02-2005, 10:35 PM
HKS is known for quality and a great fit.......all my cars i've run HKS exhaust sytems......BUT am i the only one here with a CArbon-Ti..that rattles...i can't figure out where it's hitting...but it is somewhere and it's starting to piss me off..if anyone has had a problem with this sytem like im having, please clue me in on what to look for, i even installed the Kartboy exhaust hangers....but it's still not going away......it kinda got worse, NOT to diss Kartboy..

leaveit2bevo
06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
the carbon rattles against the canister

bogey8
06-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I've had mine for almost a year now and no rattle until I installed a Helix DP. But it only happens sometimes when I roll from a stop and rpm below 1200. After I start moving, rattle's gone.

wirespeed
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
i have this n the hks downpipe...the catback dont rattle for me but the downpipe does

tommygun
06-03-2005, 01:30 AM
i ve had mine for awhile and i have no rattle at all... :werd:

j_nizzle
06-03-2005, 06:45 AM
if you have a silencer...that's the problem...other than that, i dont know whats wrong with your car.

genrec
06-03-2005, 07:45 AM

i've had this same exhaust on 3 cars, and never had that problem....does yours do it, say it is that fine..........but is it possible it's rubbing against the allwheel drive shaft.or a heat shield, but i can't tell i only get it WOT

genrec
06-03-2005, 07:45 AM
if you have a silencer...that's the problem...other than that, i dont know whats wrong with your car.

i run no silencer

genrec
06-03-2005, 07:46 AM
if i dont fix it, im selling that shit! im going for a 2 inch piping exhasut, i will get no rattle :lol:

leaveit2bevo
06-03-2005, 09:53 AM

i've had this same exhaust on 3 cars, and never had that problem....does yours do it, say it is that fine..........but is it possible it's rubbing against the allwheel drive shaft.or a heat shield, but i can't tell i only get it WOT

no but I remember Rob had that exhaust and the carbon would rattle but it was at idle.

hksevo8
06-06-2005, 02:34 PM
it should not rattle. let me check it out on Thursday at the meet.

genrec
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
it should not rattle. let me check it out on Thursday at the meet.

Cool

genrec
06-07-2005, 07:41 AM
So im not dissing kartboy here, but apparently that was the problem. Possible only used with certain exhaust systems. Not only are they hardened they are also shortened. So when putting them on they brought the b-pipe(resignator) closest to the cat up to high into the heatshields....that was what the rattle when at idle, at acceleration, and corning, drove me nuts, considered getting rid of the exhaust......so last night i got under there put back the stock hanger closest to the cat, and left only 1 kartboy piece on, so basically mixed and matched, the exhaust looked like it dropped at least a 1/2 inch.......rattle is gone, and im happy with my HKS product again.

Moral: If you have HKS exhaust , mix and match hangers or just leave the stock, and you shouldn't have any issues, which it appears no one else did!

hksevo8
06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
glad it worked out for you.