PDA

View Full Version : insight on suspension upgrade

Oni-Kyan
06-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I have just started to modify my Evo, and am looking at purchasing some coilovers. I have been following the board for a while, and see RRE is very popular with their suspension setups, but have recently switched to Buddy Club. Something about the Buddy Club name.....

I am not a professional racer by any means, but am looking to track the car when I get time. I am between buddy clubs, JIC, and Tein Flex (the edfc unit seems very useful). I was thinking maybe get some Tein flex installed and have RRE do the alignment etc... I want to definately lower the car, but retain some comfort and increase handling performance.

Any ideas or information would be a great help.

Chris in SD
06-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Just be aware, most of those JDM suspensions have really stiff spring rates... I am not sure about the RRE-Buddy Clubs specials. I heard they're very good for the track, though.

leaveit2bevo
06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
the tein flex blow, the JIC and buddyclub are all custom spec if your going to do it do it right.

Muellerized...
06-05-2005, 06:10 PM
RRE is very popular with their suspension setups, but have recently switched to Buddy Club. Something about the Buddy Club name.....

To avoid confusion, we have not 'switched' brands, we have added product options to better serve the EVO community.

We carry JIC suspension, as well as our RRC Racing Spec, DMS and Ohlin. Everyting but DMS is in stock right now.

Oni-Kyan
06-05-2005, 06:23 PM
John thanks much for the informative reply. I will give your shop a call regarding the coilovers, you are the pro's and would trust your recommendations. Is there a certain person I need to speak with at your shop?

Thanks