PDA

View Full Version : need advice please...

mamazcookn
06-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Hello all im still an evo student so i have some dumb questions to ask. i just bought Hotchkis springs (was not able to afford coilovers) and i was inquiring on how to avoid excessive tire wear and what not. im only a daily driver and most likely wont ever track my car. do i need to buy camber plates? will a rear sway bar really improve just daily driving? and how should my specs be when i allign my car? any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Absinthe
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Hello all im still an evo student so i have some dumb questions to ask. i just bought Hotchkis springs (was not able to afford coilovers) and i was inquiring on how to avoid excessive tire wear and what not. im only a daily driver and most likely wont ever track my car. do i need to buy camber plates? will a rear sway bar really improve just daily driving? and how should my specs be when i allign my car? any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I dont know where in LA you are but I'll assume you have free time, so just have RRE do the instal and have them add a sway bar at the same time. At that time you can tell John how you drive and how long you want your tires to last etc and he will set you up right.

kimletrim
06-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Great choice with the Hotchkis springs. SInce the drop isn't dramatic as with the Tien S springs, I personally don't think camber plates are necessary. A good alignment is reccommended though.

But I have not yet aligned my car after the springs. Still, my tires are wearing evenly, even after 10,000 miles.

trannb
06-09-2005, 12:26 PM
do i need to buy camber plates?

no.

will a rear sway bar really improve just daily driving?

yes. But you won't notice it if you're grannying the car.

and how should my specs be when i allign my car?

For best tire wear, factory specs are good.