PDA

View Full Version : project mu b-force

kashikoi
06-13-2005, 01:34 AM
anyone install these pads with stock rotors? dayaam.. they are loud. well, normal driving they squeak a little and that's not that big of a deal.. but braking from like 80+mph, sheesh these things screech like you wouldn't believe. anyone else have this prob? is there anything i can do to stop this loudness? it's a little embarassing...

GokuSSJ4
06-13-2005, 08:56 AM
i have the rear pads, and they do scream.. oh well, next time i will try something diffferent (also there not too bad for the track )

Skiracer
06-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Wow, i was going to purchase these pads. I guess i'll stay away from them...

Absinthe
06-13-2005, 09:32 AM
anyone install these pads with stock rotors? dayaam.. they are loud. well, normal driving they squeak a little and that's not that big of a deal.. but braking from like 80+mph, sheesh these things screech like you wouldn't believe. anyone else have this prob? is there anything i can do to stop this loudness? it's a little embarassing...

did you bed them in properly? if not go www.stoptech.com and read how to do it.

ultraflip
06-13-2005, 09:49 AM
i have these pads... they're perfectly fine... the squeek every now n then... but after driving for a while... they are perfectly quiet... i think it's you... and not the pads...

i also know a few other people that have these pads... w/ no problems what so ever...

have you tried using brake quiet? when i first installed these pads... yes... they were loud.. they were bad... they sounded like a dieing pig... or like a train out of control... people use to look back at me thinking that i'm going to slam into their car they were so loud... after a resurface and applying brake quite on 2 different occasions.... no more noise.... =)

if you need any help bro... lemme know... see if i can do something fer ya

Absinthe
06-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Trouble shooting for both your brakes:

Did you use old rotors?

Did you seat the pads?

Did you use backing plates/anti sqeal grease?

Did you are they installed correctly?

GokuSSJ4
06-13-2005, 10:07 AM
i have no excuses with my set up, mine were install at the track. The problem why mine are loud, it's probably due to using my old rear rotors.

kashikoi
06-14-2005, 05:08 AM
yes, i'm using my old rotors. and i had my pads installed at a shop. i'm not sure if they used that brake quiet grease stuff. is that what you apply to this surface of the shims? i'll do some research and see what i can do to fix this prob..

ultraflip, thanks for the offer for help. if i need anything, i'll pm ya :D

Absinthe
06-14-2005, 09:49 AM
Wow, i was going to purchase these pads. I guess i'll stay away from them...

don't I looked at these and the co-efficient of friction as well as opperating temp of the pad suck compared to the ferodo DS2500 or the 95.7's sold by some shops.

ultraflip
06-14-2005, 09:55 AM
price comparison between them?

Absinthe
06-14-2005, 10:14 AM
quick quotes I saw:

Ds2500- all four corners $240 all in.

95.7- $140+tax+shipping (that might only be for the fronts, site was unclear)

B-force- 210+tax+ shipping

I was also basing that advice to simon on the fact he wants to go to the track a little.

Skiracer
06-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Ya, track. Yeah yeah yeah!