PDA

View Full Version : alarm for EVO

GOOSE_Ej
06-23-2005, 11:02 AM
i want to get an alarm but i dont know what to get.. i have to use my key to get in my car but I want key less entry. I don’t want anything to $$ but I want something good. What do u guys have on your EVOs? And how much did your alarm run u? also where did u get your alarm from? Plz let me know I want to get my alarm installed this weekend..

Thanks
-GOOSE
:wink:

DTunedEvoX
06-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I have a cheapie 50 dollar alarm - gets the job done. If someone were to steal my car - please steal it and strip it etc ... Thats why I have full coverage for. I'd invest in more but because of $$$ being tight - I just went for what I could afford ..

If I had the $$$ sure I'd get the whole pager, real deal w/ lojack and all that stuff but - unfortunatly that wasnt the way in my case .. Just went to some corner store that I've been going to for the rest of my cars - good luck!

ultraflip
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
do you have an RS? no keyless entry??

retail price for my alarm is like 250 or something... i have an ultra xr700

installed it myself... pretty nice unit... everyone gets annoyed by it because i'm too lazy to turn down the sensitivity

KRS333
06-23-2005, 11:18 AM

installed it myself... pretty nice unit... everyone gets annoyed by it because i'm too lazy to turn down the sensitivity

How much would you charge to install a alarm?

GOOSE_Ej
06-23-2005, 11:19 AM
ya i have an RS.. i was looking into the alarm with that pager thing how much is that and how much am i looking in the total??

tama_mog
06-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I use the compustar 2wss-as (I think that's the model), they're the ones that first developed the 2 way alarm + uses better frequencies than the clifford alarms....this has been tested back and forth between me and my friend's alarm to see who has reception further with the pager. I think I bought the alarm for something like $400-500 on ebay and had my friend install it for $100. It's got everything u need too, got a turbo timer, and autostart and the way you activate them is safe (reservation mode) so you don't ever have to worry about stupid things like auto startin the thing in gear.

GOOSE_Ej
06-23-2005, 11:45 AM
but with an alarm i would still have to use my key to unlock the car right???

ultraflip
06-23-2005, 11:50 AM

depends on what alarm and how well ya know me... lol... standard price for an alarm install i quote people is $50-75

KRS333
06-23-2005, 12:00 PM

depends on what alarm and how well ya know me... lol... standard price for an alarm install i quote people is $50-75

I really do not know what kind of alarm it is.. I am planning of taking it of my civic & installing it on my EVO... $50.00 bucks sounds good to me... :D

ultraflip
06-23-2005, 12:02 PM
get the model of the alarm... do you have a gsr, mr, or rs? (gsr and mr wiring are the same).. pm me the details

DoCoMo
06-23-2005, 12:10 PM

i can vouch for ya, everytime the wind changes direction the alarm goes off
:lol:

GOOSE_Ej
06-23-2005, 12:14 PM
ultraflip:

who r u talking to the guy who jacked my thread or me???

ultraflip
06-23-2005, 12:16 PM
ultraflip: who r u talking to the guy who jacked my thread or me???

started talkin to you... then KRS333 asked about alarms... that's why i stopped the hijack by asking him to pm.. :roll:

KRS333
06-23-2005, 12:17 PM
ultraflip:

Sorry for the jack bro but if he can help both of us out then why not...

Skiracer
06-23-2005, 12:44 PM
You should look into the Viper 2 way paging alarms with 1/4 mile transmitter range. The car will page you if it goes off, as long as you're in range. http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_led_2way.asp

Tarmac02
06-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a KARR alarm. Cheap and easy....gets the job done.

I also have LoJack and my windows are etched. So if the car gets stolen and is not recovered I get 35k+...

GOOSE_Ej
06-23-2005, 01:00 PM
ultraflip:

Sorry for the jack bro but if he can help both of us out then why not...

no problem i was just j/k i dont care mang..

thetaxguy
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
anything over $100 is just bling!

EVOate909
07-03-2005, 07:39 PM
i have the CLIFFORD pager alarm w/ remote start, glass break sensor, tilt sensor, turbo timer, 2stage shock sensor, i dont remember the rest...

hkfeet
07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
compustar 2wssr!

2 way pager
turbo timer built in
remote start
and more!

kimmievo
07-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I have the Clifford Matrix 3.5 RSX with proximity sensor. It usually retails for pretty high, but I won an Ebay auction. It was NIB...got it for 300.00 after tax and shipping. Install was another $50.00. I know it was kinda pricey, but having that two-way pager makes me sleep better at night.

Ultimately though, anyone that wants your car WILL take it somehow, if they know what their doing. :?

BOVBILLY
07-03-2005, 10:17 PM
I SAY, AS LONG AS IT MAKES A SOUND, YOU ARE GOOD.

PAGING IS USELESS. LETS SAY YOU ARE 1/2 MILE AWAY, BY THE TIME YOU GET THERE, YOUR SHIT IS GONE.

evosd
07-03-2005, 10:25 PM
I have a Prestige by Audiovox W/ pager, I just need to find someway to intragrade (SP?) it with my turbo timer :banghead:

hkfeet
07-04-2005, 01:12 AM
I never really parked that far away, even if I did I bet the pager wont work due to interference. It will work if there is no buildings in the way. The pager signal could go thru walls and stuff, cuz a while back I was able to autostart my car from the 6th floor of my apt building to the parking garage in the basement. I also caught my neighbor setting off my alarm when he opened the door and hit my side mirror, he was suprised I knew what happened!

Even tho a thief can still get into your car with the 2way, you will still get alerted by the time he cuts the battery wire. Just make sure you have some weapons at home rdy to bumrush the theif or whoever is messin with your car. I sleep with my cellie and my 2way next to my bed so Im always rdy to hunt and destroy those who touches my car.

I love my compustar, and highly recommend 2 way paging alarms if you really care about security. Get a cheap pagerless alarm and u will regret it and waste your money. Think about how long it will take to cut the battery wire. Your siren will go off in less than 10-20secs. Sirens dont mean anything these days, they go off all the time and people are use to the noise, that alone is not going to help.

BOVBILLY
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BREAK INTO YOUR CAR AND STEAL SOMETHING, OR THE CAR THEY WILL. REGARDLESS OF WHAT ACCESS. YOU HAVE FOR THE ALARM!

I KNOW THIS, BECAUSE I AM BOVBILLY AND I KNOW GOKU ON A SEXUAL LEVEL!

EVOMANIAC
07-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Bought an Omega Max-E by DEI, also make Viper. Has remote start(specially designed for manual trans), turbo timer, keyless entry. Bought new on E-bay for $130 including shipping. Installed with a friend took 8 hours. It was his first EVO install and I dont do electronics. Dont wire the alarm directly to your battery, tap in the ignition wire on the column. Also mount yourself an additional siren under the dash. No one will want to steal your stereo it is very loud in the car. :lol:

Skiracer
07-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Bought an Omega Max-E by DEI, also make Viper. Has remote start(specially designed for manual trans), turbo timer, keyless entry. Bought new on E-bay for $130 including shipping. Installed with a friend took 8 hours. It was his first EVO install and I dont do electronics. Dont wire the alarm directly to your battery, tap in the ignition wire on the column. Also mount yourself an additional siren under the dash. No one will want to steal your stereo it is very loud in the car. :lol:

Self powered battery backup is also your friend in case they cut your power.

thetaxguy
07-21-2005, 01:25 AM
anything over $100 is just bling!

Urban Assault Vehicle
08-15-2005, 08:10 PM
wow a alarm with a turbo timer, is it any good? i was thinking of getting low jack cause it makes your insurance go down but if a alarm can do all that i might just go that rout.

R3dline
08-15-2005, 08:31 PM
I got the clifford/viper matrix alarm 2way lcd control w/ a backup battery on my eclipse, works well! On the evo I have the lowjack alarm, its set on real sensative and the honk is loud as f#*k.

lagcisco
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
What needs to be done differently if I have a turbo timer? Apexi in my case