PDA

View Full Version : ARC Oil Catch Can Install Help

kimletrim
07-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Has anyone done this? i don't want to use the plastic/rubber lines for the oil catch can. What size do I need and where do I get the parts needed. I don't have the instructions.

Also, I need some help with where the lines go. I know one line goes to the blow by port from the engine valve cover and another line goes back to the intake plumbing, but I heard something about some other place for the air to recirc to on the valve cover. Thoughts and advice is appreciated.

gofaster87
07-05-2005, 02:16 PM
If you just want slip on ss hose that uses clamps those can be bought at places like pep boys and the such. Just take in one of the nipples and match up the hose size. If you want to use actual AN fittings you will need to find a speed shop or order from a place such as summit racing. The AN path will be expensive but nice. All you really need is the clamps and the hose and I wouldnt think it would cost more than $30. There is one vent on the drivers side of vlave cover and there is another vent on the backside of the cover that uses a one way valve. If you have 3 openings on your catch can then you would run the two lines from the valve cover to these and the third from the can would go into the manifold.

kimletrim
07-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks, much appreciated.

One other question. I noticed that the one way valve on on the backside of the valve cover has a hose that attaches to something else. How do I attach the hose from the catch can to that one way valve? Do I tee it off or plug off one end and insert the hose just to the back of the valve cover?

JB1
07-13-2005, 08:12 AM
I have the ARC catch can. Feel free to come by and see how it all goes on.Mounting is a bitch on the Baterry tie down.