PDA

View Full Version : Rota Slipstreams

Scott
07-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Would 16 inch rota slipstreams with a 35 or 40 offset fit over the stock brembo brakes, Also are there any pics of slipstreams on an Evo VIII?

earlyapex
07-05-2005, 02:37 PM
no, but rota now makes 17x8.5 35+ offset Slipstreams for the evo.

genrec
07-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Would 16 inch rota slipstreams with a 35 or 40 offset fit over the stock brembo brakes, Also are there any pics of slipstreams on an Evo VIII?

out of curiosity why do you wan rotas??? why would you want to downgrade like that??

Scott
07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Wheels I like the look of the slipstream and wanted to go to a 16 inch wheel for my winter set up. Slip streams are both cheap and I can get them in flat black so I wont have to clean them very ofton. So the 16 will not fit? Up here winter acounts for about 9 months of the year so I better get lookin. :wink: [/quote]

Skiracer
07-05-2005, 03:25 PM
For winter, i bought another set of OEM rims which can be found relatively cheap and i got Dunlop Wintersport M3 snow tires in the OEM size

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album264/105_0551_IMG.sized.jpg

hksevo8
07-05-2005, 03:30 PM
16 inch wheels will not fit.

Absinthe
07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Get a set in 17x7 and run a 225 or 215 width snow on there that would likely be your best setup for hardcore winter usage although you are really going to dull the performance of the car.

Scott
07-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I am not worried about dulling the preformance of my car just protecting it. I want to keep the oem wheels in good shape and the Evo out of the ditch :D

GokuSSJ4
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
you can always pick up another set of OEM wheels for a good price, may be even cheaper than the Slipstreams. Then all you need to do is paint them flat black (good to go)

genrec
07-05-2005, 09:23 PM
you can always pick up another set of OEM wheels for a good price, may be even cheaper than the Slipstreams. Then all you need to do is paint them flat black (good to go)

+1

don't support ROTA, they are knock-off artists..........and i'm being nice, don't get me started on FAKE shit!!

Skiracer
07-05-2005, 09:44 PM

Probably not a good idea to paint rims in areas of snow since salt will probably chip/kill the paint. Just get some used stockers and some dedicated snow tires and you're good to go.

thetaxguy
07-05-2005, 10:28 PM

+1

don't support ROTA, they are knock-off artists..........and i'm being nice, don't get me started on FAKE shit!!

I sense a little hostility towards off-brand merchandise... Let's start at the beginning. Tell me about your childhood.

genrec
07-05-2005, 10:35 PM

+1

I sense a little hostility towards off-brand merchandise... Let's start at the beginning. Tell me about your childhood.

your a taxman...not a shrink!

Takashi
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
who cares, get whatevers cheapest. i was selling a set of oem's for $350 for the set, which i think was a great price. i think you should be able to find oem rims easily around $500. if not, go with rotas. they're for winter only, GOD (napoleon dynamite voice).

Absinthe
07-06-2005, 09:55 AM
All of this is well and good but if he lives somewhere with a hard core winter you will want to go with a narrower rim that the 8" factory set up, hence the recomendation of a 17x7 rim and 215's.

MrHeeltoe
07-21-2005, 09:06 AM

+1

I have to agree.

http://img111.exs.cx/img111/3448/rotasticker5lc.jpg

But we really have no concept of the "winter setup" do we?

Absinthe
07-21-2005, 09:29 AM
I lived in tahoe, denver and boulder I do winter and winter set ups fine.

Justin1933
07-21-2005, 09:55 AM

out of curiosity why do you wan rotas??? why would you want to downgrade like that??

Who cares if something is a knock off...As long as it works....We are all not name brand snoobs...Function over Branding.... :lol:

genrec
07-21-2005, 10:12 AM

Who cares if something is a knock off...As long as it works....We are all not name brand snoobs...Function over Branding.... :lol:

:lol: your pretty branded up justin

Justin1933
07-21-2005, 10:15 AM
My car is built on function....not brand....

But what do I know...My car is always dirty, has a ghetto fab front end with the chips all over it...And a APR front lip that is all smashed...lol