PDA

View Full Version : wierd clicking noise *help*

ultraflip
07-07-2005, 10:56 AM
pretty sure this is suspension related.. not entirely sure...
car has 31k miles... relatively stock suspension except for a few things that arn't worth mentioning
o.k... i have a wierd *thud* and *click* noise that emits from the center to the center passenger side of my engine bay...

my car is parked on an incline at home... coming out of my drive way... shifting into gear... slowly rolling out... releasing the clutch... i get the *thud* coming out from the areas i pointed out... one or two distinct thuds or clicks... not sure what the feezy it is...

the thuds and clicks are usually during low speed take offs... or turning.. usually right hand turns... going in reverse... letting it just idle in reverse... the clicks are more consistent...

can anyone offer any suggestions on what to look for? what parts may be damaged? etc. etc. i'm really at a loss.. i took a peak under the hood.. then realized iono wtf to look for...

again.. any help would be appreciative... and please try to keep this thread clean.. this isn't my car we're talking about

BOVBILLY
07-07-2005, 11:05 AM
maybe it is your gt35 rubbing against your koyo radiator or your quadruple disc exedy clutch!

ultraflip
07-07-2005, 12:48 PM
bump

hksevo8
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
t/c?

genrec
07-07-2005, 12:54 PM
its your "glasseye" clicking against your skull!

ultraflip
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
t/c?

t/c on the left side or more towards the right side?

Macky
07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
it probably wont be suspension related, because if the cars isnt moving and you still hear the noises, it has to be something linked to the engine (via the crank, gears, tranny, etc).

ultraflip
07-07-2005, 01:54 PM
it probably wont be suspension related, because if the cars isnt moving and you still hear the noises, it has to be something linked to the engine (via the crank, gears, tranny, etc).

it's only when the car is in motion...

coming out of my drive way... shifting into gear... slowly rolling out... releasing the clutch... i get the *thud* coming out from the areas i pointed out... one or two distinct thuds or clicks...

the thuds and clicks are usually during low speed take offs... or turning.. usually right hand turns... going in reverse... letting it just idle in reverse... the clicks are more consistent...

trannb
07-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Check your sway bar's endlinks. Make sure the nuts are tightened.

WhiteEvoRS
07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
do you have lowering springs???

genrec
07-07-2005, 10:32 PM
do you have lowering springs???

no he doesn't

stock w/rear sway

WhiteEvoRS
07-08-2005, 09:31 AM
o well then i have no idea!!! sorry

bbar
07-08-2005, 03:24 PM
You might want to check the lower sway bar right below the downpipe. If there is little or no clearance you will hear a ticking noise whenever they rub together. If that’s the problem, then some spacers will fix it easily.

all stock
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
make sure all your suspension bolts are squared away.

slow_evo
07-12-2005, 07:47 AM

CV joint?

Strider
07-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Check your sway bar's endlinks. Make sure the nuts are tightened.

Yep, we heard the same noises on our DSM. One of the nuts on the front swaybar endlinks was lose.