PDA

View Full Version : Lowering questions

deekay247
07-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Is there any effect on the driveshaft alignment from lowering your car 2 inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear? Had my transfer case replaced and the service manager told me that because your car is lowered the driveshaft's angle changed and ****ed up your transfer case? Is this true? I don't think I agree with him because the suspension is totally independant from the transmission components right? He also started rambling on telling me that all lowered evos will eventually have this problem?

EvoPwr
07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
do u have an MR?

deekay247
07-07-2005, 05:59 PM
03 GSR

itsa281
07-07-2005, 09:42 PM
wow i know they have had driveshaft angle problems on raised trucks but its usually w/4inches and up of course if you lower a car 6 inches you will have a similer prob. ive seen (and own'ed ) plenty of cars that have been lowered 2 inches or more .never had a prob. except w/a civic but that was the drivers fault.

Jamie@WORKS
07-08-2005, 10:25 AM
The angle of the driveshaft isn't affected because the transfer case and rear diff are positioned independently of the suspension. Therefore, the angles remain unchanged. The axles themselves experence a change in position and the relative angles could be altered (moreso with a 2" drop in the front), but this shouldn't affect the transfer case--especially with an open front diff.

itsa281
07-08-2005, 11:31 AM
that sounds good you shouldnt have a prob becouse of the front and rear independent suspension

deekay247
07-08-2005, 09:29 PM
The angle of the driveshaft isn't affected because the transfer case and rear diff are positioned independently of the suspension. Therefore, the angles remain unchanged. The axles themselves experence a change in position and the relative angles could be altered (moreso with a 2" drop in the front), but this shouldn't affect the transfer case--especially with an open front diff.

Thats what I thought to. Sorry as mechanics at mitsu need a lesson from WORKS.

Thanks, Dave