PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my "EVO Driver Killed" Thread???

Richard EVO
07-17-2005, 04:33 PM
C'mon, mods. There's no reason in the world to delete the thread about the EVO owner who was killed while going at high speed on surface streets in SoCal yesterday. What gives????????????

genrec
07-17-2005, 04:40 PM
i was thinking the same thing?? not everyone is always gonna see eye to eye on these forums on every situation....so why close it??

Blaze
07-17-2005, 04:46 PM
It's in the cellar now.

We've had ticket/accident/death threads before.

:?

I'm sure a mod will PM you with the reason if they haven't done so already.

Richard EVO
07-17-2005, 04:47 PM
I hadn't checked the thread for a few hours, but as far as I know, no one has even said who the driver was or if he was one of our friends here.

BTW, I made similar posts at evolutionm.net and norcalevo.net and neither one of those has been deleted by the mods.

This is the most overmoderated, no -- idiotically moderated -- internet board I have ever seen. If there was ever anything truly relevant for EVO owners in SoCal, its when one of their own apparently got too wild in his car and killed himself.

Shame one whoever deleted that thread. :evil:

Richard EVO
07-17-2005, 04:49 PM
It's in the cellar now.

We've had ticket/accident/death threads before.

:?

I'm sure a mod will PM you with the reason if they haven't done so already.

Whatta bunch of BS. We've had threads before about (a) what turbo makes the most whp, (b) what's the best driver's line at Streets of Willow, and (c) what tires should I get? The next post on those subjects won't get deleted. Besides, this guy never got killed before, so it's a unique thread. Your reason makes absolutely no sense. :roll:

Anonymous
07-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Im with you all the way Richard.............Ive been trying to figure out who he was since this happened..........why would they delete the thread????

Richard EVO
07-17-2005, 05:06 PM
OK, so I went to the Cellar and looked at all the posts that have been added to the thread since I last looked at it this morning. It is some of the most thought provoking stuff I have ever seen on this board.

And the mods thought it belonged locked in the cellar. :roll:

If I can weigh in on the underlying matter (before this thread gets deleted by the thought gestapo), it is harsh to say he got what he deserved, and very selfish to say that the worst thing about it is that EVO drivers will be profiled and stopped more by the cops. A guy (and fellow EVO owner) lost his life for christ's sake. Yeah, he did something really stupid. Anyone here who hasn't taken a unecessary chance in his EVO just for fun can throw the first stone. :cry:

RaysurX
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
A guy (and fellow EVO owner) lost his life for christ's sake. Yeah, he did something really stupid. Anyone here who hasn't taken a unecessary chance in his EVO just for fun can throw the first stone. :cry:

Agreed.... hence my piggyback post of info originally seen in the news report in the event that any fellow member who knew him could be informed. Somebody knew him...and will miss him.

Rest in peace and a speedy recovery for those he injured with his costly error in judgement.

thetaxguy
07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
I agree with the members in this case.

The Admin should take a step back and reevaluate their SWOT analysis. For those Mods out there that don't know what I'm talking about it's Strengths, Weaknesses, Oppertunities, and Threats. The first two are internal forces and can be corrected by repositioning the entity (socalevo) itself. The later two, depend on external forces. If the voices of the members falls on deaf ears, the membership will slowly disapate to other, more open-minded and dynamic forums.

I only bring this up because I see a valuable service that SocalEvo presents. However, if the forums are going to be run by Admin who really don't give a rat-ass about the members on the board...I hate to say it, but YOU, the Admin, will be the reason for SocalEvo's failure.

Rob, I hope that you are reading this and are wondering why a member, a relatively new member, had to single out the admin (moderators) as a weakness in SocalEvo.net

drmosh
07-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I am checking to see why it was moved.

EDIT: After reading the thread I realized why it was moved by a mod, it looks like it degenerated after a while. We do this usually to threads that no longer serve a good purpose with proper discussion.

It basically became a why did Macky say this and some mods/admins replying to it which basically mean't it went off-topic.

On that note I want to remind you that if YOUR thread gets deleted or moved it may not be because of you starting the thread necessarily but because other people have come in and took a dump on your thread. Therefore do not take it personally that it was you who started the thread but maybe something or someone else that relegated that thread to be dealt with.

If you do decide to take it personally then maybe you need to rethink your idea of the internet and go back to the safety of AOL.

Macky
07-17-2005, 08:16 PM
It basically became a why did Macky say this and some mods/admins replying to it which basically mean't it went off-topic.

yes it was something i said and voiced out as an opinion. but it got edited to suit a reply. i think it was unfair as well.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album367/quote.sized.jpg

i do apologize for causing the thread to be locked. although twisting what i said to suit a reply is something i did not expect.

SSwest
07-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Indian Larry had a tattoo on his neck backwards that read "In God We Trust -- Vengence Is Mine Sayeth The Lord -- No Fear". He did many "stupid" things but he believed that when God was ready for you to leave the earth, that was your time to go, and I believe that also, there's no such thing as coincedences.

But I've read through most of the posts on both threads and the way some of you act is fucking bullshit, to think that I will be profiled or second glanced for driving this car for an act that this person made, which inevitably caused him his LIFE, is BULLSHIT. Someone is no longer here on this earth and the aftermath is not what his family and friends are going through but what will happen the next time WE pass a cop? We have all, in one way or another, done something like this in our cars...EVO OR NOT! My condolences go out to the family and friends, and I apologize for the comments made by my fellow members.

This is a public forum and I agree with the fact that you should be able to voice your opinions, which you did. But the content of those opinions was very selfish and inconsiderate.

Rob...Mods... I agree with you for locking that thread!

drmosh
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
It's not any one person's fault the thread got locked, it just got off-topic.

Richard EVO
07-18-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't see how it got off topic. Some members voiced the opinion that even if the driver did something stupid to cause the accident, he's still one of us and its a terrible shame that he lost his life and hurt someone else. Other members had no sympathy for him because of his apparently reckless driving. That's a worthwhile debate, no matter which side of it you come out on.

The real reason the thread was locked is being hidden and the mods are lying to the members about it. :evil:

GokuSSJ4
07-18-2005, 09:37 AM
some one else has created another thread on the same topic, you are more than welcome to discuss things regarding the accident.
You were given a reason to why the thread was locked, after that i see this thread being pointless for you to speculate other reasons behing it.

GokuSSJ4
07-18-2005, 09:38 AM
an FYI IBL :mrgreen:

drmosh
07-18-2005, 01:00 PM
The real reason the thread was locked is being hidden and the mods are lying to the members about it. :evil:

There are conspiracy theorists all over and some people are Narcissistic.

Coolguy949
07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
yes it was something i said and voiced out as an opinion. but it got edited to suit a reply. i think it was unfair as well.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album367/quote.sized.jpg

i do apologize for causing the thread to be locked. although twisting what i said to suit a reply is something i did not expect.

I didnt even see the replies til now. It wasn't taken out of context at all! The rest of your sentence is irrelevant to the first part. Just say it back to yourself "He deserved what he got, yet i wouldnt wish that on anyone" is the basic statement you said. Don't you think that's slightly contradictory? It's like saying.....the sky is blue, but its really red.

To answer Richard Evo's question though, the moderators have been iinstructed to keep threads on-topic. Sometimes too much work is involved in doign that so the whole thing is trashed. I went back and read that thread again and it looks like it was heading directly for a flame way early in the thread. It's really tedious to delete each post individually, so sometimes it's easier to trash the whole thing.

Coolguy949
07-18-2005, 01:32 PM

Ok, this is the 3rd time i've seen someone complain about something but offer no further insight or feedback about it. From now on i'm going to call out anyone that complains and have them offer some furhter insight.

The question for you is:

Since you're convinced that there's some conspiracy going on. What could we possibly be hiding that would require the locking of a thread about an evo driver killed? I'd be glad to hear your assumptions.

Cr0mster
07-18-2005, 10:09 PM

Ok I must know! What does IBL mean????

genrec
07-18-2005, 10:17 PM

Ok I must know! What does IBL mean????

IN BEFORE the LOCK...

gevo
07-18-2005, 10:41 PM