PDA

View Full Version : Delete Empty Albums

Blaze
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
How about deleting some of the albums with nothing in them?

rammsteinmatt
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
periodically its done, i've noticed.

however, who creates these albums just to let them sit there empty. similar to the "members" that create a screen name, and never post. ever.

i dont much care for these acts, and i occasionally feel bad for the "janatorial" duties the admins and mods have to put up with. furthermore, each time, it seems, a mod or admin does something there are a handful of nay sayers (not necessarily in this case of cleaning of empty albums, but other things) people its not a democracy in this board. if rob, dino, neil, goku wants to do something - and does it and you dont like it, by no means do/sholud they listen to you. its a free internet; if you don't ike it, leave
but i digress :offrant:

drmosh
07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
i dont much care for these acts, and i occasionally feel bad for the "janatorial" duties the admins and mods have to put up with. furthermore, each time, it seems, a mod or admin does something there are a handful of nay sayers (not necessarily in this case of cleaning of empty albums, but other things) people its not a democracy in this board. if rob, dino, neil, goku wants to do something - and does it and you dont like it, by no means do/sholud they listen to you. its a free internet; if you don't ike it, leave
but i digress :offrant:

It's the nature of the internet, a bunch of people sitting behind computers thinking they're anonymous and typing whatever they feel like. Some of the people using public internet forums nowadays should not be using them, because they can't discern what's posted on an internet forum and reality. One asshat leaves the forum another 2 replace him. Back in the day of USENET, the users understood what the nature of the bits and bytes were, today users or as we used to jokingly refer to them as "lusers" think they have "rights" to post their opinion on forums ran by other people. They don't care or take into account what it takes to run a forum, they're only concerned that their piddly voice be heard over others.

Some tout they have "been in the industry for years", doing what? Being a janitor at some JDM wanna-be place?

Everyone wants to show how big their e-peen is yet only a handful really speak with any discernable logic or sense.

It all happened when the internet became commercialized. Then your average joe who could barely type got to post his drivel any and everywhere, then when he got called out or punked he complains that people are mean to him. That's why forums like these are great, so you can post your drivel, but there comes a point where we have to do some moderation.

Chris in SD
07-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Everyone wants to show how big their e-peen is...

Dino, you said you wouldn't bring up my e-peen. :lol:

BTW, there are too many damn stickies... :wink:

Skiracer
07-17-2005, 09:57 PM

Don't tell me you go thru all the members albums???

Blaze
07-17-2005, 10:44 PM

I skim from page to page sometimes looking for specific members albums.

I see lots of empties and more where a member starts an album, looses it, then starts another one a few pages down....

One album per member. Nothing to post, then don't create an album. :offrant:

Skiracer
07-18-2005, 08:11 AM

I skim from page to page sometimes looking for specific members albums.

I see lots of empties and more where a member starts an album, looses it, then starts another one a few pages down....

One album per member. Nothing to post, then don't create an album. :offrant:

Heh, i think i might've created a few phantom photo albums when i was a newbie since i had no idea how the albums section worked :P That could be a possible reason :P

rammsteinmatt
07-18-2005, 10:13 AM
i dunno it is pretty well laid out on the first page of the member albums, followed by, if you require additionaly help, contact an admin

Blaze
07-24-2005, 05:40 PM

There are 28 empty/unused albums. That equates to nearly 2 pages worth....

JanSolo
07-24-2005, 07:45 PM

Fixed.

Blaze
07-24-2005, 08:07 PM

Fixed.

Freakin' sweet!

Thanks Jan!

Chris in SD
07-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Those crazy liberals - deleting empty galleries...

Now confirm John Roberts... LOL :lol:

Coolguy949
07-24-2005, 09:27 PM
The empty albums problem will probably be eliminated in the new version of socalevo we're working on. The problem is that people create a new album but they dont read the instructions that it gets created on the last page. So they keep creating new ones and finally give up because they cant find it.

JanSolo
07-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Freakin' sweet!

Thanks Jan!

You're quite welcome.

We should probably create a sticky (yet another one Chris!) with instructions on how to use the Gallery properly so this kind of stuff does not happen again.

Wicked05
07-25-2005, 12:57 AM
awesome...I went from page 15 to page 13....

...thats Mr. Blaze for the suggestion....

...and thanks JanSolo for the follow through...

....much nicer gallery now....