PDA

View Full Version : Zeitronix ZT-2

C-Spec
07-22-2005, 10:02 PM
i need help on installing the boost sensor for the Zeitronix. The seonsor i have is from SSI Tech Inc. it haves white, red, black. the instruction i have is for the zeitronix sensor. help help

hkfeet
07-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Hmm for the boost sensor, it comes with a barb and you can T your boost line to your gauge or pull a new line for boost readings.

Knower
07-25-2005, 02:54 PM
i need help on installing the boost sensor for the Zeitronix. The seonsor i have is from SSI Tech Inc. it haves white, red, black. the instruction i have is for the zeitronix sensor. help help

You can't use a different boost sensor with the ZT-2. The unit is calibrated for the Klavico 3.5 bar sensor so the instructions are for that sensor. Sell your sensor and buy that one.

kimletrim
07-25-2005, 03:54 PM

You can't use a different boost sensor with the ZT-2. The unit is calibrated for the Klavico 3.5 bar sensor so the instructions are for that sensor. Sell your sensor and buy that one.

Too late, I think Vboy is already using the SIS boost sensor. He tapped it in the same place as his old Defi D guage (at the fuel pressure regulator) and it showed lower boost levels than with the Defi guage. He then spliced the sensor into the vacuum line on the right side of the engine cover (don't know what it is called) and it gave more "accurate" readings (closer to that of the D-guage).

I would venture to say that if he compared the boost levels on the Defi guage and the Xeitronix and they were the same, then it would be OK to use that sensor in place of the Klavico 3.5 bar sensor. But hey, its not only my car so its not my call.

Knower
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Too late, I think Vboy is already using the SIS boost sensor. He tapped it in the same place as his old Defi D guage (at the fuel pressure regulator) and it showed lower boost levels than with the Defi guage. He then spliced the sensor into the vacuum line on the right side of the engine cover (don't know what it is called) and it gave more "accurate" readings (closer to that of the D-guage).

I would venture to say that if he compared the boost levels on the Defi guage and the Xeitronix and they were the same, then it would be OK to use that sensor in place of the Klavico 3.5 bar sensor. But hey, its not only my car so its not my call.

The Klavico sensor has medical-grade accuracy. Just because the output range of the SIS boost sensor may be similar to the output range of the Klavico sensor does not make it a viable replacement.