PDA

View Full Version : Lojack with turbo timer.

electr0
07-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Will i be able to run a turbo timer even though i have lojack? im curious because if the car is running and the unit on my keychain is too far away, wont it set it off and have them searching for my car? does anybody have lojack and turbo timer combo? please let me know thanks!

itsnino
07-30-2005, 07:19 PM
my lojack didnt come with that keychain thingy. :evil:

johnny
07-30-2005, 07:43 PM
uummm.. whats a lojack?? :roll:

electr0
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
thanks for the comments, but does anybody know? nobody here has lojack on their evo with a turbo timer?

itsnino
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
thanks for the comments, but does anybody know? nobody here has lojack on their evo with a turbo timer?
i have the hks tt and i have lojack. no probs w/ it so far, but like i said i dont have then keychain thing so thats where we're different.

Tarmac02
08-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I also have LoJack... no keychain... post a pic of the keychain... I wanna see what I didn't get

hawaiiboy
08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
lojack with turbo timer. no keychain thingy. no probs so far. why don't you explain what the keychain thingy does and then maybe someone can help you.

is this what your talking about???
http://www.lojack.com/what/early-warning-recovery-system.cfm

Early Warning Recovery System
When your vehicle is stolen, every second counts!
Introducing the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System, the LoJack that lets you know if your vehicle is being moved without your permission so you can check on it immediately. You choose how you want to be alerted: by phone, e-mail, or alpha pager.
It provides an added layer of protection on top of the LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System to give you peace-of-mind.
It enables the police to track and recover your stolen vehicle sooner.
You carry a personal LoJack Early Warning Key Pass that sends a signal to the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System confirming that you are an authorized driver.
It alerts you to check on your vehicle no matter where you are- at work or traveling.
You choose how you want to be contacted - phone, e-mail or alpha pager. You may choose up to five means of contact.
If you confirm your vehicle has been stolen, you contact the police and they will activate LoJack.
Once installed, you register your system with LoJack and select your contact preferences.
Peace of mind is easy
Once the system is installed in your vehicle, you'll receive a letter or e-mail (if e-mail is provided) that confirms your LoJack Early Warning has been registered in the LoJack Database and is operational. You can then complete the registration process and take advantage of all the contact points available by registering online or calling customer service at 1-(800)-4-LOJACK (800-456-5225).

speedracer2169
08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
you'll be fine. you can have the transponder in your house and drive the car around your drive way without and it won't set it off. It only does it when the car is leaving the immediate area

4G63POWERED
08-10-2005, 10:26 PM
I have the keychain thing. I havent had any problems. I think its busted though because i have driven with the transponder for 6 months or so and im still waiting for them to cll me.

evolved
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
I have the lojack with keychain early warning devise. Yes sometimes they call me when I walk away from my car. But that is when I run it longer than 30 sec. or am walking really fast.
doesnt really matter

Kane317
08-24-2005, 04:09 AM
I have the LoJack keychain thingy and a HKS TT and it hasn't affected me yet (paged me/called me). I've done a 3 min count down before and it hasn't 'set off' LoJack. To my understanding the car has to physically move also, or am I getting confused. I also know if the car moves in and out of the driveway (basically a short distance), it doesn't set it off either.