PDA

View Full Version : hks blow off valve version2

ngtcrawler97
08-03-2005, 11:32 PM
installed it but was told that it was an extrememly tight fir any problems or advise on how to get the a better fit ?????

FartManJohn
08-21-2005, 11:46 PM
I just installed it on mine. Um, it's not that bad. You can either cut a hole on your C pipe I believe (because it is a "universal" kit) or just put it on your bypass valve hose and block the other end with the kits plug. But beware, the plug will shoot off easily unless perfect pressure is put onto it using the stock hose clamps. Um, you need special pliars to make the C clamp to clamp the flange to the BOV. I might not know what I'm talking about because I'm not positive if this is what you have to do with the Ver. 2 kit but that's how I did mine. Not hard just a little time consuming if you havn't done or seen it done before. I don't think there is any leak or a "tight" fit. I mean, it's supposed to be tight, right? Also, there is no where to mount the BOV I believe. Unless you have a new intake and the stock air box is gone. At least, I couldn't find a place to mount it on the tranny like the instructions tell you to. The pictures are confusing because it starts off as an EVO install and switches to something else, I think because they couldn't find a place to mount it in the EVO. Anyway, I think the car runs a little richer because the stock bypass valve throws the excess air back into the intake hose and puts it through the turbo again to re-use it. I was told to get a bypass valve but I love the SSQV. Sounds so sexy. But yeah, that's my 2 cents. Hope it helped a little.