PDA

View Full Version : So the Cali PoPo at it again

nefblkevo
08-13-2005, 08:58 PM
In Pasadena this evening. I see some flashing lights in the distance. A couple of CHPs. As I approach I put her in neutral until I pass and then give it a little gas after I pass the cops. Seconds later he pulls me over. Says my exhaust doesn't sound stock. Well it isn't its a Greddy Ti. So what are my options. Even though I have a full turbo back, I guess I could swap back to stock for the inspection and switch back after I get my turbo upgrade. What a pain in the @$$.

bbar
08-13-2005, 09:35 PM
If the exhaust is the only thing you have to swap for the referee, then consider yourself lucky (besides getting the ticket in the first place, of course).

wilson1
08-13-2005, 09:37 PM
damn!

gt40
08-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Dropped my trial by declaration letter off friday with $350 in bail for my referee smog ticket for idling down my own street.

They said it would be at least a couple of months till I heard back. 2 other folks were doing trial by declaration too so lets all do this so we clog the courts to a standstill on these bogus tickets!

nefblkevo
08-13-2005, 10:13 PM
what does the trial by declaration do?

gt40
08-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Go to www.ticketassassin.com and you can get the basic idea...

thetaxguy
08-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Go to www.ticketassassin.com and you can get the basic idea...
+1

mybada
08-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I usually do "putting into neutral method" too and mostly they work for me but dang... they still pulled you over? I guess people should watch out POPOs stike back!

jas0n
08-14-2005, 12:11 AM
lol at the ticket assassin picture. It's like "dont drop the soap" or "you just got anal'd"

WavMixer
08-14-2005, 04:15 AM
Damn, I was in Pasadena yeterday and last night.

kimletrim
08-14-2005, 06:50 AM
I usually do "putting into neutral method" too and mostly they work for me but dang... they still pulled you over? I guess people should watch out POPOs stike back!

It's a Greddy Tita!

Absinthe
08-15-2005, 08:20 AM
are you running a cat-less ti turbo back? if so you kind of asked for it those things are no where near leagal from a volume level.

drift_master
08-15-2005, 10:21 PM
are you running a cat-less ti turbo back? if so you kind of asked for it those things are no where near leagal from a volume level.yep i have the same set up all i do is the neutral method or just downshift and slow clutch with break somehow it works for me and stay below 4k rpm when your on city streets buildings makes your car seemed louder too

drift_master
08-15-2005, 10:22 PM
are you running a cat-less ti turbo back? if so you kind of asked for it those things are no where near leagal from a volume level.yep i have the same set up all i do is the neutral method or just downshift and slow clutch release with a little bit of brake somehow it works for me and stay below 4k rpm when your on city streets buildings makes your car seemed louder too

CJexJiggy
08-15-2005, 10:29 PM
are you running a cat-less ti turbo back? if so you kind of asked for it those things are no where near leagal from a volume level. No hes not running a cat-less turbo back, thats illegal!! Hehee :wink: We all have catalyc converters. What are you talking about :lol: :lol:

thugline
08-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Man, "FUCK THE POLICE"! These government and police assholes are sweatin' us for some bullshit and the U.S. is being romed by terrorist and these other middle eastern bitches that are walking around with so called box cutters and C4 bombs, but if you have a an import sports car from japan stock or not we automatically have illegal cars, but it's ok to have millions of big rig trucks with no cats and have 5-inch piping and put a shit load of smog in the air that is not filtered. FUCK YOU! You are a bunch of Assholes, you need people like us, so you point the finger @ the bad guy man.[/b]

thugline
08-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I'd say we march to the capitol and protest against this bullshit ass law and let them here us out. You can count me in.

thugline
08-15-2005, 11:33 PM
OK,OK I'll keep it a little cleaner, but fellow evo owners and other import car owners need to see this and reply, because I think if we all get together with other people that go through this same problem and let our voices be heard I'm sure there could be a compromise or a new bill that can be pass to enable cars to have no cats buy choice and pay a special fee to the DMV every year like a registration to have a modified exhaust with no cats. Please do not remove this forum.

Chris in SD
08-15-2005, 11:34 PM
This is why SEMA exists - you guys need to be flooding their inbox and phone daily...

gofaster87
08-15-2005, 11:41 PM
SEMA is good but fighting anything carb related is almost impossible. They are pretty powerful there in California and dont care much for those type of organizations. No matter what you say about street racing, they(California) see it as a problem and wont back down. Profiling imports is already in the mind set of police and they are not going to change.

kevganzon
08-16-2005, 03:48 AM
This is why SEMA exists - you guys need to be flooding their inbox and phone daily...

SEMA wont do shit. Cops will continue to be assholes and waste our time pulling us over just cuz were imports :roll:

alex_alex
08-16-2005, 06:20 AM
I'd say we march to the capitol and protest against this bullshit ass law and let them here us out. You can count me in.

you might consider learning how to spell first. thug.

genrec
08-16-2005, 07:19 AM

you might consider learning how to spell first. thug.

:lol: :lol:

Absinthe
08-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Man, "FUCK THE POLICE"! These government and police assholes are sweatin' us for some bullshit and the U.S. is being romed by terrorist and these other middle eastern bitches that are walking around with so called box cutters and C4 bombs, but if you have a an import sports car from japan stock or not we automatically have illegal cars, but it's ok to have millions of big rig trucks with no cats and have 5-inch piping and put a shit load of smog in the air that is not filtered. FUCK YOU! You are a bunch of Assholes, you need people like us, so you point the finger @ the bad guy man.[/b]

wow- do us a favor and shut up people like you only make a bad situation worse.

escabar
08-16-2005, 02:00 PM
being Cali...Southern California Air Quality Management District in Diamond Bar heavily influences EPA due to the strictest of emissions criteria down here...

there shouldn't be penalties for trying to maximize the efficiency of a combustion process...i.e. straighter pipes...more efficient turbos...

if the govt ever gets serious in impartially enforcing...there has to be some kind of balanced board (i.e. EPA, SEMA, Police, etc.)...nationally...regionally...whatever...and liability for those who enforce it (Police, etc)

Unfortunately, the police will always be too judgemental...after all they are only human...making human judgements...and subject to human fallacies...most are too unknowledgable about an automobile combustion process to be given right to make judgements about performance upgrades...

STFU Tuning
08-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Any cop who gives mod tickets and profiles imports is a straight up faggot and I hope he gets into an accident in his cruiser and burns alive on the day he takes his family for a ride along. I'd pull over and point and laugh.

Sorry, thats just how I feel. Fixing up cars is a pastime here in the US and it shouldn't matter what country the car was manufactured in. Thats just another form of bigotry. Well at least when they abolish all our hobbies our kids will still be able to experiment with drugs instead, or maybe join the bloods and cripts.

genrec
08-16-2005, 08:48 PM
Any cop who gives mod tickets and profiles imports is a straight up faggot and I hope he gets into an accident in his cruiser and burns alive on the day he takes his family for a ride along. I'd pull over and point and laugh.

Sorry, thats just how I feel. Fixing up cars is a pastime here in the US and it shouldn't matter what country the car was manufactured in. Thats just another form of bigotry. Well at least when they abolish all our hobbies our kids will still be able to experiment with drugs instead, or maybe join the bloods and cripts.

bravo.. 8)

nefblkevo
08-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Actually I have a HFC. Helix. Dont get me wrong the car makes deep sound. i also have the Helix downpipe. anyway, i was really surprised cruising by in nuetral. honestly i think he saw me followed, and I eventually had to get back on the gas. The point is he was he definately profiled me. But I see guys with much heavier mods, slammed with rims and shiaat. I had my two kids in the back and was cruisng in neutral.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
08-16-2005, 11:09 PM

this guy better watch who the fuck he says shit around...i especially liked the part about "middle eastern bitches"...ignorant fag.

SpdyEvo02
08-17-2005, 01:20 AM
I cant even count how many times i have been profiled and followed by cops probably because of my exhaust(hks hi-power). I just start messing with them now ex. if you know they are following you and you know where you are just start turning on random streets and the sometime follow you. anyway you can stick it to the man.

white power
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
This is a stale thread but I wanted to share the fact that works has a stock cat thats re-'shaped' w/3" inlet/outlets on it so it will work with stock DP/IP's or any combo of 'stock mating/bolting' aftermarket systems to maintain the new 3" continuity. I will let you guys use your imagination to figure out the final mod which the end user will have to do to make it an illegal, smelly piece.....it will always pass visually and its only $199 (I believe?) You wont see it on theweb site along with several other items. Ask for the Stealthworks cat. Call WORKS and ask for Jaimie or Kirk @ 415-641-9675

silvery_eagle
09-15-2005, 12:14 PM
so you mean it's totally s tock like.. what about performance wise?

daniel
09-25-2005, 04:57 AM
I got pulled over thursday night because I "took off too quickly" and it was a sign of "disrespect". I was lthinking.."dude, if I saw you I wouldn't have took off that quickly." He was pulling over a motorcycle and waved me off also. He hassled me about my stock exhaust for about 15mins, ask if I was drunk, ask If I really did drink a pitcher of beer, asked me why I was 40miles from home, asked me to roll up my windows to where his fingers were, ask me to rev my car to 6K (which sounds like a shitty 4banger when their's no boost so that just confused him more). The car's stock. Eat me. After all of that he just walked away. 5mins later his partner walked up and said his buddy just bought an evo and he was sorry about his partner hassling me because they were targeting sportbikes that night (oh! lovely!).

Same story in my G35...."that exhaust isn't stock..." Same story on my motorcycle...."your license plate isn't visible enough"

So what if it my exhaust isn't stock?!? If it meets the 95 decibels as specificed in Section 27150 or 27151 (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=64704128069+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve) of the CA Vehicle Code and if I have a cat, then I have done nothing wrong. Am I right?

I think someone should SERIOUSLY file a selective enforcement suite against the State of California. Officers target sportbikes and not cruisers (who's exhaust is louder and more obtrusive that sportbikes). Officers target imports and not the Mustang Cobra with the full flowmasters shaking buildings as it drives by.

I don't want to go as far as to say it's a race thing but hey... who knows. Asian + import car = "RACER". I never got popped in my truck and I would do 90 on the freeways. In my G35 I was pulled over for "taking off too fast" (seriously) and he went through my entire car and wrote me up for everything including having no front plate and the tint. In my car, but my friend, who is caucasin, did a 100ft rolling burn out in front of a cop, then we proceeded to run and take off into our apt. complex.....and was let off with a warning. Same thing on our bikes when we go riding. He doesn't even have insurance or a license and twice left off with a warning BY THE SAME OFFICER. I don't get it. Of course I live in Huntington Beach, SoCali. - Rich white people surburbia hell. I see it happen every day. Mercedes cuts off some poor gardener trying to make some money so he can feed his family in his beat up pickup and the cop pulls the guy in the pickup over for something. Maybe he's a "menace" too. It's strange. Oddly enough the ONLY times I get left off is when I'm with my white buddies- hah. I'm not racist or anything (cuz I'm quite a mut myself but I look more asian) but it's funny when you start noticing these things. :grin:

I agree that they are taking these measures to help saves lives by "profiling" and put a damper of illegal street racing and general stupid behavior. However, I don't agree with the methods. I knew what would happen when I starting buying high profile toys that go very fast but still.... selective enforcement suite anyone? I bet the ticketing statistics would show a lot if someone could dig that up.

:mitsu:

Coolguy949
09-25-2005, 11:24 AM
You know what sucks is that it's going to get worse. Rumor is that they are now sending police officers to training classes where they can learn about specific things to look for and which vehicles are likely to be modified. I got pulled over last week for tint and no front plate, the description on my ticket was "Mits Evo". Unless he knows about these cars from being a car guy himself, id' say police are becoming more aware. And with Davis sinking this state in to a huge financial sinkhole, more tickets are one way Arnold is trying to get back money. :(

daniel
09-25-2005, 12:34 PM
pain in the ass. But I guess we pay to play... yes?

j_nizzle
09-25-2005, 12:42 PM
that is a given....but how much we pay is the problem.....

daniel
09-25-2005, 12:49 PM
If you guys want to do something about it I can look into that class action selective enforcement suit. Thoughts? A quick call gets my lawyer on the phone. O0

that is a given....but how much we pay is the problem.....

j_nizzle
09-25-2005, 12:56 PM
DO IT!!!!! :tickedoff:

thetaxguy
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM

+1 O0

SpdyEvo02
09-25-2005, 02:10 PM
If you guys want to do something about it I can look into that class action selective enforcement suit. Thoughts? A quick call gets my lawyer on the phone. O0

Go for it :twisted: O0 :twisted:

genrec
09-25-2005, 04:34 PM

+1 O0

+2

daniel
09-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I'll look into it... I'll post up if anything comes of it.

itsnino
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
dans the man with the masterplan, hahah!!!

seriously bro, more power to you!!!

09-27-2005, 02:58 AM

+1 O0

+2

+3 O0

volcomguy84
09-27-2005, 10:22 PM
BUMP!

j_nizzle
09-27-2005, 10:29 PM
BUMP!