PDA

View Full Version : need some suggestions

drift_master
08-16-2005, 12:41 PM
i just installed an HKS bov on mine but i coulndt figure out whats the best setting for it, should it be softor hard i am not recircing it... i tried it all the way soft and it sounds its going to stall... so i just need some input and suggestions

genrec
08-16-2005, 12:43 PM
sale it and buy a "jdm mr bov"..best thing to do.. :wink:

R3dline
08-16-2005, 01:42 PM
You need to recirculate the hks bov otherwise you are going to keep having problems.

tama_mog
08-16-2005, 02:14 PM
I think it's a hit and miss with that bov, probably has to do with the intake setup you got going as well. HKS reps say that you should not touch that allen screw to do any adjustments and they come adjusted. I've fiddled with mine but it really hasn't made any difference but I am runnin vta with aem ems. I hear plenty of people running vta with the ssqv and seems to work fine, then I also hear plenty of people stalling to hell and back. Same goes for recirculated setup. I think for a stockish car your best bet is to keep the stock bov till it leaks and replace it with a crushed 1g or MR valve when it does leak and if you want sounds go get an intake.

drift_master
08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
thanks guys i think i'll with the recirculation...but if i could my hands on a stock MR bov then maybe ....