PDA

View Full Version : non-HID conversion to OEM HID

all stock
08-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Has anyone done this?

I was reading up on evolutionm that replacement of the engine harness is required in order to do it the warranty safe way. Frankly, that seems like a load of BS. Granted, if you need to wire up the autoleveler or fogs, you need new wire, but I don't really care about that. Does anyone actually use their autoleveler? Didn't think so.

I've helped out a few retrofits and I can't imagine the Mitsu wiring setup can be much more complicated than power, neg and ground for the headlight bulbs. So why can't we wire up the ballast the same way?

Anyone have wiring diagrams for the 03 headlight assembly vs. 05 gsr non-hid headlight?

all stock
08-20-2005, 03:10 AM
Has anyone done this?

I was reading up on evolutionm that replacement of the engine harness is required in order to do it the warranty safe way. Frankly, that seems like a load of BS. Granted, if you need to wire up the autoleveler or fogs, you need new wire, but I don't really care about that. Does anyone actually use their autoleveler? Didn't think so.

I've helped out a few retrofits and I can't imagine the Mitsu wiring setup can be much more complicated than power, neg and ground for the headlight bulbs. So why can't we wire up the ballast the same way?

Anyone have wiring diagrams for the 03 headlight assembly vs. 05 gsr non-hid headlight?

anyone have wiring diagrams for the evo8? i love wiring diagrams!

jas0n
08-20-2005, 03:21 AM
dude.. u dont need all that crap. just get a HID conversion kit. Once the bumper is off its like a 1 min installation just plug and play. I myself have a part of a kit for sale if you want, its missing one ballast.

all stock
08-21-2005, 02:39 AM
anyone have a wiring diagram of both headlights by chance? i need the current of the HID ballast wires. red/black is positive, black/white is neg?

jas0n
08-21-2005, 06:26 AM
you got that right on red/black

speedracer2169
08-30-2005, 09:16 PM
http://hidtech.com/

you can check these guys out. Send them any headlamp and they can retrofit the HID in there and make it a complete plug and play. It will look completly like OEM. They got a lot of pics of cars they already done and they look real good. I had it done on my spec and i was real impressed. They were even able to put a motor inside to tilt the bulb up so that I don't lose my high beams cuz i had 9007 bulb in there.

trinydex
11-04-2007, 02:38 AM
the leveler should go to the etacs ecu