PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Mustang Mach 1

slow_evo
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
My buddy has one and he finally let me drive it. It took me awhile to get used to the clutch and the short shiffter he has but it's a pretty fun car to drive. It pulls about the same as my car, but the mustang ain't got shit on the evo as far as handling goes. You really notice the weight of the v8 and the handling feels similar to a boat. I dunno...maybe I'm just used to my car. But yeah...just thought I'd like to share.

*chris*
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
little OT ...but here goes. one of my best friends knows this guy thats got an lt1 transam. he pulled up when we were washing our vehicles sunday. suggested we line up. i laughed. then last night just after i got home. friends and i were sitting outside. we hear a burnout. a minute later he pulls up in front of my house, stops, then takes off. :lol: just entertaining.

whats a mach1 do for hp&torque anyway? i know from a pull, a gt is basically matched to the evo. (stock for stock)

slow_evo
08-23-2005, 11:57 AM
A Mach 1 has 305 hp and I think like 340 tq. He wants to race me bad.

Thero
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Mach 1's are bad ass. At the dealership Im at we had 12 at one point. Couldn't believe it. But they all sold in only 2 weeks. For the price you pay they are pretty nice. DRAG STRIP Wise. Not for corners thats for sure.

Chris in SD
08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
1994 - 2004 Mustangs = teh ghey

I had a '93 Cobra so STFU - I know of what I speak

slow_evo
08-24-2005, 08:46 AM

Sorry but I don't get it.

ErroR
08-24-2005, 09:39 AM

I think Chris is just trying to say they suck. I would have to agree for the most part, I had a '96.

Chris in SD
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM

1994-2004 Mustangs have no connection (appearance-wise) to any Mustangs before (a big selling point - see '05 Mustang), they have an ancient chassis design, the interiors are garbage, etc. That is what I meant.

slow_evo
08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh. Ok.

EVO Neil
09-09-2005, 07:36 AM

+1 on both. Been there done, that. Those cars are pigs when it comes to turning, although the Mach is much better than a Cobra. Braking is nothing to write home about either. The only good ones from that model run were the Cobra R and the Bullitt, I know I've tested them all over the years.

evosd
09-09-2005, 07:53 AM
I was beating mach1's when I was stock and cobras with just TBE and boostcontrol

alex_alex
09-09-2005, 08:45 AM

+1 on both. Been there done, that. Those cars are pigs when it comes to turning, although the Mach is much better than a Cobra. Braking is nothing to write home about either. The only good ones from that model run were the Cobra R and the Bullitt, I know I've tested them all over the years.

ive never driven either car, but its surprising that the Mach 1 handles better than the Cobra. One would thing that the cobra would, all else being equal, handle better b/c of the independent rear suspension.

EVO Neil
09-09-2005, 12:38 PM

The IRS used in the Cobras was a compromised design from the start, because one of the stipulations was it had to bolt on the same as the solid axle. It's more for ride than handling. Just look at the slalom numbers for both, the Cobras just can't handle as well as the solid axle cars. Bump steer is better, but not great.

ive never driven either car, but its surprising that the Mach 1 handles better than the Cobra. One would thing that the cobra would, all else being equal, handle better b/c of the independent rear suspension.

GOOSE_Ej
09-14-2005, 08:41 AM
It pulls about the same as my car, but the mustang ain't got shit on the evo as far as handling goes. You really notice the weight of the v8 and the handling feels similar to a boat. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :laugh: :uglystupid2:

silvery_eagle
09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
so in short you will get sea sick driving those kind of things haha

slow_evo
09-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Hahaha...Yeah I guess so.* O and my other friend has a fully built bullitt that would hand my ass but he said the mach and bullit have the same suspension.* Is that true?

slow_evo
09-16-2005, 02:50 PM
I almost forgot...I let him drive my car and he really didn't know what rpm to expect boost and it kicked in on him and he was like...."Oh f*ck!!!" lol...I then told him to take some corners and and he kept saying..."This sh*t is nice man!!!" over and over...He really didn't expect this much from an Evo...he thought it was just your everyday ricey import..hahaha...He now wants to talk to his wife and trade in the mach for a IX MR...I think that's kinda funny.

rsmatt
09-17-2005, 10:00 AM
the mach 1 is no joke. my buddies ran an 8.3 1/8 mile at qualcom. all he had done at the time was off road x pipe, magna flow cat back, and an intake. he did run that time on slicks but still, it was a fast car. i raced him form a roll and he left me like nothing when i was stock. the reson the mach hadles better than just about every other stock mustang is because ford ran sub frame conectors on them from the factory.

Evolution.VIII
09-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Just a tid bit, the 03' Cobra had the same quarter mile times as our cars with 395 horsepower, so how could the Mach 1 compare?

EVOMANIAC
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
My buddy has a '99 Cobra with Vortech SC and that thing is wicked fast. I think I can beet him, but he's afraid of the power he's got. :crazy2:

alex_alex
12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Just a tid bit, the 03' Cobra had the same quarter mile times as our cars with 395 horsepower, so how could the Mach 1 compare?

1. live rear axle

2. weighs less

3. less low-end torque to break the tires loose

Urban Assault Vehicle
12-06-2005, 04:09 AM
does this mach 1 happen to be white and live or work around the orange county area (IE 405 N. bound in fountain valley)? i saw this white mustang on the freeway and we were kinda messing around, this car was effing sick.

quazievo
12-09-2005, 09:36 AM
you know what Them pony's aint Sh**! I had a Mach 1 pull up next to me in temecula and i wipped his ass >:( :2funny: :2funny: Then this fool got on the frwy with me going 15 north and we ran from Temecula To So Corona going back and forth till he blow his motor @ Toms Farm area. It was not a stock Mach1 I know he had an exhaust system and this fool was up set cause i know he thought he was going to get me top end but i got his ass there to. Thats why this dude would not let up. It was funny as hell on that last run we ran wide open for a good two mile and i pulled away from him and i looked and seen white smoke blowing out of the hood and it was a lot of white smoke. You know its all about the driver every pony owner thinks there Mr Shelby him self. Remember the Evo stats are the same as the cobra so its all about the driver. I had some mods done to my ride by TT they posted the mods on the first IX w/safc2 and that was before they did the exhaust. So let them talk and when the time comes do what you got to do! ;)