PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start, plz help a noob!

R3dline
08-27-2005, 10:49 AM
First of all at soon I got into my car it took like 5-8 secs to start. Came home from the shop with a big smile after testing what the White Rabbit can do and I was amazed :shock: ! Two hours later im off to the grocery store, I fire her up and again took like 5 secs to turn on. Later that night the car wouldnt want to turn on, kept trying over an hour and nothing :cry: . This morning I went at it again and still no luck, wtf is going on :evil: ? Heres the list of my mods; WR, ems, tbe, mbc, aem intake, aem cam gears, pwr fmic & radiator, 780cc injectors, 255 fuel pump, dc downpipe, perrin fuel rail, jdm mr bov, hks 264i 272ex, defi egt, boost, fuel press and temp, aem uego thanks again!
Rene..

Evo8forme
08-27-2005, 10:51 AM
ems cold start?

sidewaysevo
08-27-2005, 01:13 PM
maybe its your fuel pump.

rammsteinmatt
08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
we just had a guy have a no-start problem, it would crank but not start. he was a lot less modded than you, but basically his fuel pump harness had come un hooked and therefore wouldnt pump fuel.

perhaps check that

R3dline
08-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Cool, ill be checking this right now. Thanks

bbar
08-27-2005, 02:42 PM
If you just put the key in the ignition and crank it right away with the EMS, the long start is normal. You should put the key in, turn it to the start position (without cranking it), wait about 4-5 seconds for the sensors to initialize, and then crank it. It still won’t start as fast as the stock ECU, but it won’t be as hard on your starter. Also, go to setup/sensors/cam-crank sensors/advanced and then click on template. If the “tooth time min” value is not 500, then change it to 500. This shouldn’t fix you “not starting” problem though. It should only help it start quicker.

Does you car start and then immediately die or does it just keep cranking and you get nothing? If it starts and then dies, more than likely you will need to set the idle target base higher when the coolant temps are lower. If it just doesn’t start at all, maybe check the fuel pump, plugs, and if you’re using a coil-on-plug, make sure nothing has come loose.

R3dline
08-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Just finished checking the pump and everything looks fine. Also Dan Harman also gave some steps on fireing this thing on, yet no luck so far. I can hear the fp when i turn the ignition on, it also cranks but nothing from starting. Yesterday also was a hastle turning my car had at least crank the engine like 4 times before it went on, man that didnt look good! Once again thanks guys Ill keep trying. :?

bbar
08-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Another evo owner on the ems forum is having a similar problem to yours (maybe even the same problem). Here’s the link so you can watch the thread: http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=13977. There are suggestions on there that you might want to try. You’ll probably have to set up a username if you’re not already a member to view it. You should also post your .cal so some of the experienced tuners (like Blak94GSX or STFU Tuning) can look at it. Post it in this thread (on socalevo) or start a new thread on aempower.com.

GokuSSJ4
08-27-2005, 03:55 PM
if you have an EMS, some people have run into starter problems (like Gofaster87) others like Robi had a death battery problem.

R3dline
08-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I wish I had my cal file, besides that my battery seems to work well, I checked the coils an they are fine and I also smell a lots of fuel. About the cam semsor, wheres is that located?

gofaster87
08-27-2005, 04:43 PM
if you have an EMS, some people have run into starter problems (like Gofaster87) others like Robi had a death battery problem.

My problem just had to do with the starter taking a shit(overheating maybe?) and probably had nothing to do with the EMS.

R3dline
08-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Well its been a long hot day and I had it, I guess im going to have to wait untill Monday to have my tuner come down and check my set up. Thanks for all the help guys! Rene M.

bbar
08-27-2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.com/howto.html <-----It’s the third picture from the bottom on that page. If your car already started before, the cam position sensor is probably not the problem though. Why do you not have your .cal? You can always plug your computer into your EMS box, and click file/save as. Then you can post it up here.

R3dline
08-27-2005, 07:23 PM
http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.com/howto.html <-----It’s the third picture from the bottom on that page. If your car already started before, the cam position sensor is probably not the problem though. Why do you not have your .cal? You can always plug your computer into your EMS box, and click file/save as. Then you can post it up here.
I dont have access to a lap top, I've spent most of my money on my car! :lol: Thats my next upgrade though. :wink:

EVOate909
08-27-2005, 10:23 PM
wanna trade that problematic EMS for my safc2 :lol: :shock:

j_nizzle
08-27-2005, 10:25 PM
call thai man....your car was awesome yesterday.....post the dyno sheet up!!!

R3dline
08-29-2005, 07:10 PM
post the dyno sheet up!!!
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=155643&highlight=white+rabbit