PDA

View Full Version : po300 code

SAEID
08-28-2005, 09:55 PM
What is this po300 code?? From what I've read, it seems to cause the car to stutter and have the check engine light come on?? My car is showing the same syptoms, I always just thought it was a bost leak? I haven't gotten around to getting a boost leak check done yet, so I'm just curious...

Dr. Evo
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM
The code is a "random/multiple cylinder misfire" code. There is an updated PCM flash the dealer can do, but you need to make sure that your car isn't actually misfiring first. The flash fixes the code 'ghosting", or setting for no reason. If you really have a misfire the flash won't help any.

SAEID
08-28-2005, 10:40 PM
The code is a "random/multiple cylinder misfire" code. There is an updated PCM flash the dealer can do, but you need to make sure that your car isn't actually misfiring first. The flash fixes the code 'ghosting", or setting for no reason. If you really have a misfire the flash won't help any.If I go to the dealer, and they see my mods, will they charge me for it? It should be under warranty, however, with mods it's usualy 50/50..

Thanks for the info..

rammsteinmatt
08-28-2005, 11:37 PM
what mods, and which dealer?

Dr. Evo
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
The mods should have nothing to do with the reflash, it is a known problem. Is your car actually misfiring/running rough? Just go to one of the "mod friendly" shops.