PDA

View Full Version : DON'T LIKE

smon68
09-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I hate this new site it SUCKS!!!!!!!!! >:(

rubelcon
09-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Well, I think there is a poll on the homepage titled 'How do you like SoCalEvo.net 2.0?' that was developed for statements like this.

Sly Evo
09-05-2005, 10:32 AM

im gonna hafta agree... well, it'll be some time b4 i adjust to it.

GokuSSJ4
09-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Can you guys do a search an post things in the proper sections.. We have a poll on the home page, as well as feedback section.. posting" i don't like it! ", doesn't really explain anything, you guys need to give an explanation on what things you don't like about the new 2.0 site..

Coolguy949
09-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Instead of logging on and just saying you hate it, post what you think sucks about it and give some constructive ctiticism. We've made A LOT of changes to the original 2.0 since it launched because of feedback from people, it might as well be 2.5 or something.

Coolguy949
09-05-2005, 10:58 AM

im gonna hafta agree... well, it'll be some time b4 i adjust to it.

I dont understand what needs so much adjusting too, we've gone out of our way to still retain somewhat the same look and feel for the first site, but with a lot of new features and a more "refreshed" look. If you want to see how the forum software looks "stock", check out www.whoisrenzo.com and see if it looks anything like this site.

Rob

drmosh
09-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback, we realize, people hate change... they feel comfortable with something but then something else comes along and changes things. This is inevitable, if you can't deal with change, you will become a dinosaur. This was our fear with the old SoCalEvo... it was unmanageable and getting out of hand for it's size, we needed more administrative and more powerful features. It will take you a bit to get used to the new site obviously, but I'm sure once you figure out all the new features of navigation you will find it's a much better site to use.

O0

genrec
09-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback, we realize, people hate change... they feel comfortable with something but then something else comes along and changes things. This is inevitable, if you can't deal with change, you will become a dinosaur. This was our fear with the old SoCalEvo... it was unmanageable and getting out of hand for it's size, we needed more administrative and more powerful features. It will take you a bit to get used to the new site obviously, but I'm sure once you figure out all the new features of navigation you will find it's a much better site to use.

O0

exactly......i already forgot how the old socalevo looked and operated. I could not even imagine going back. The navigation and layout of this site is a work of genious.

Great job socalevo administration team!

-genrec

SpdyEvo02
09-05-2005, 03:26 PM

O0

exactly......i already forgot how the old socalevo looked and operated. I could not even imagine going back. The navigation and layout of this site is a work of genious.

Great job socalevo administration team!

-genrec

+1

GokuSSJ4
09-05-2005, 03:52 PM
the funny part is that this feedback is coming from peeps that barly started to post in socalevo.net, once you have been in both (new vs old socal) you will appreciate how helpful and handy the new site really is. It offers alot more features and it's alot more manageable...

EvoPwr
09-05-2005, 04:46 PM
the funny part is that this feedback is coming from peeps that barly started to post in socalevo.net, once you have been in both (new vs old socal) you will appreciate how helpful and handy the new site really is. It offers alot more features and it's alot more manageable...

i really hated it at first, but now i am getting used to it, it'll just take time.

Good job though O0

rammsteinmatt
09-05-2005, 04:58 PM

i really hated it at first, but now i am getting used to it, it'll just take time.

Good job though O0

yup, first day i was like WTH.........

but now its badass

gevo
09-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I like it

Coolguy949
09-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Check out the old forums and you'll see how old and outdated it already looks! I was shocked when i opened it back up as an archive.

http://archive.socalevo.net/forums/index.php?s=SoCalEvo

Coolguy949
09-05-2005, 05:43 PM
The new software allows a lot more flexibility both on the administration/moderation end and for the members themselves. One of the features that we now have is the ability to hide people signatures if you want. You can set this in your "Look and Layout Preferences".

We're still working in the background, adding more to the site behind the scenes. We'll announce more major additions when we make them.

lqdchkn
09-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Only thing that i don't really like is that the "Recent Forum Posts" section on the homepage double, triple quadrouples, etc. the same post. You can't see what the most recent topics are if lots of people have replied to one post.

Skiracer
09-05-2005, 06:00 PM
About the private messages, it highlights the total # of messages you have, but it leaves the new messages in regular font. Can you switch them up so that the new messages are in a highlighted font and the already read messages are in regular font?

Coolguy949
09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Only thing that i don't really like is that the "Recent Forum Posts" section on the homepage double, triple quadrouples, etc. the same post. You can't see what the most recent topics are if lots of people have replied to one post.

Fixed.

Coolguy949
09-06-2005, 12:25 PM
About the private messages, it highlights the total # of messages you have, but it leaves the new messages in regular font. Can you switch them up so that the new messages are in a highlighted font and the already read messages are in regular font?

That has been on my list to fix since day 1. This week I should have it fixed.

lqdchkn
09-06-2005, 09:19 PM

Fixed.

Dope, that's much better.* Thanks O0

Now can you get the Norcal Team to upgrade?

Coolguy949
09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Hahaha, I honestly don't think they want to upgrade. I'm leaving it up to JanSolo the admin there. Even though we own the boards, it's best to be sensitive to their needs. No one knows that more than the admin there. Hopefully they decide to upgrade since we've designed most of the fuctions on the new software to cater to the members.

gofaster87
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
New site is good, new gallery is caca. Dont understand how the old one was hard to use.

JanSolo
09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
New site is good, new gallery is caca. Dont understand how the old one was hard to use.

Caca is a nice word for it. There are other issues with Gallery versus Coppermine, mostly with the lack of administration capability inherent in Gallery. With Coppermine, you can set limits on how much diskspace allocated to each user and with Gallery, you can't.

genrec
09-09-2005, 07:29 AM
call me late to the game... like the new layout alot....i just noticed however our join dates are not below our screenames anymore...was this done intentionally or glitch??

GokuSSJ4
09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
call me late to the game... like the new layout alot....i just noticed however our join dates are not below our screenames anymore...was this done intentionally or glitch??

i was wondering the same as well, is there a way that we can display the join dates (like the old software)

GokuSSJ4
09-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Rob/Dino
Can we add to the "search function " being able to search for topics created by an individual.. ???

Chris in SD
09-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I always love when n00bs hate the new site... Uh, you just got here, so your opinion of either site couldn't have really developed... :roll:

It took a little bit of getting used to, but it's the same navigation now. I especially like the regional forums so I don't have to read the OC guys and their verbal BJs all the time.

As for the gallery, I agree w/Sam. Uploads and album organization are a giant PITA. The old way was much easier, esp. for peeps like me that wanted to upload pics to use for sigs, etc. Just my ¥200...

augi1
09-09-2005, 10:38 AM

Good job though O0

The only adjustment is the front page, the recent forum topics on the left look bunched up and it’s hard to differentiate between the topics. The color of the font on the front page also makes it hard to read, but that could just be me. YOU NEED MORE SMILIES! Also is it me or does the SocalEvo.net banner look really blurry

I really like the search function and the layout on the front page for Evo of the month, articles and latest news. All in all good improvements and you guys are just starting to get it up and bug free, so relax people!

GokuSSJ4
09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I always love when n00bs hate the new site... Uh, you just got here, so your opinion of either site couldn't have really developed...* :roll:

It took a little bit of getting used to, but it's the same navigation now.* I especially like the regional forums so I don't have to read the OC guys and their verbal BJs all the time.

As for the gallery, I agree w/Sam.* Uploads and album organization are a giant PITA.* The old way was much easier, esp. for peeps like me that wanted to upload pics to use for sigs, etc.* Just my ¥200...

that section of the forums was created especially for your Chris :smitten: because you are special!! LOL...

smon68
09-11-2005, 05:33 PM
I always love when n00bs hate the new site... Uh, you just got here, so your opinion of either site couldn't have really developed...* :roll:

It took a little bit of getting used to, but it's the same navigation now.* I especially like the regional forums so I don't have to read the OC guys and their verbal BJs all the time.

As for the gallery, I agree w/Sam.* Uploads and album organization are a giant PITA.* The old way was much easier, esp. for peeps like me that wanted to upload pics to use for sigs, etc.* Just my ¥200...

Why don't you guys check and see how long I have been a member. Before you open up your mouth :coolsmiley:

Chris in SD
09-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Name:* smon68
Position: Newbie
Date Registered:* December 21, 2004, 08:39:12 PM

Post something useful and you'll cease to be a noob.* Until then, STFU.* Have a nice day...

genrec
09-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Position:* Newbie

Post something useful and you'll cease to be a noob.* Until then, STFU.* Have a nice day...

:-o :-o damnnnnn, you just got knockedddd the fuk out!!!

SpdyEvo02
09-13-2005, 10:46 AM
is getting hot in here i feel a BURN

smon68
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM

What does posting up have to do with anthing? I am not on this site all the time like you! ( I have a life fool) So you STFU GOOK! =

drmosh
09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Name: smon68
Position: Newbie
Date Registered: December 21, 2004, 08:39:12 PM

Post something useful and you'll cease to be a noob. Until then, STFU. Have a nice day...
What does posting up have to do with anthing? I am not on this site all the time like you! ( I have a life fool) So you STFU GOOK! =

:2funny: he called you a GOOK!!! :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

For a n00b you sure are making friends fast.

smon68
09-13-2005, 06:31 PM

If it's the way thay want to play. I am down!

:2funny: he called you a GOOK!!!* :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

For a n00b you sure are making friends fast.

hksevo8
09-13-2005, 07:15 PM
I see someone begging for a banning!

Knower
09-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Okay, here's my gripes:

1. My gallery appears to have disappeared entirely.

2. The new site has this dark gray border all around it which wastes space. I could almost view the site in a 800x600 browser window but for these borders/background. Let's kill it!

3. You can't search for all posts by a user. I used that feature often in the old site.

Good things:

1. Thank fucking god for being able to turn off avatars and signatures. This has made reading the site 100 times easier.

2. I actually like the new color scheme and such. The rest of the site is growing on me.

gofaster87
09-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Chris is far from a Gook. I can guarrantee he would kick the shit out you. Watch how you talk to people here. Most of have lives here including many that have professional careers and do very well. Its obvious you are a noob that doesnt really know anyone here or you would know better. Yes, you do have to participate if youre going to open your mouth. This site is for everyone but its an Evo community with people that share info, not hang out and bitch every once in a while.

hksevo8
09-13-2005, 09:16 PM
oh, c'mon and ban them already. I know Dino wants to use the ban button!

genrec
09-13-2005, 09:38 PM
yah chris is a gook!!

gook = big whiteboy

:2funny:

johnny
09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
:2funny:very entertaining. IBL

Chris in SD
09-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Go see my "Punk Motherfuckers" thread in the Political Forum... This is another prime example.

Sam, I say we set up an ass-kicking booth at the next meet and invite all the shit-talking twats to step up...

Me, a gook? LOL... MORON.

BTW, should he be banned on the grounds of using a completely offensive racial epithet (as incorrect as he might be in its application)? Oops, sorry if I confused you with all the big words... :roll:

hksevo8
09-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Sam, I say we set up an ass-kicking booth at the next meet and invite all the shit-talking twats to step up..

HA!

ovenmit331
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
its kinda growin on me. of course i've only been on it two or three times since the switch...

smon68
09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Go see my "Punk Motherfuckers" thread in the Political Forum...* This is another prime example.

Sam, I say we set up an ass-kicking booth at the next meet and invite all the shit-talking twats to step up...

Me, a gook?* LOL... MORON.

BTW, should he be banned on the grounds of using a completely offensive racial epithet (as incorrect as he might be in its application)?* Oops, sorry if I confused you with all the big words...* :roll:
GOOK!

Macky
09-14-2005, 04:45 PM
where are all these n00bs coming from? its as if a crapload of ricers just suddenly got an evo and think they're god.

smon68
09-14-2005, 04:51 PM
where are all these n00bs coming from? its as if a crapload of ricers just suddenly got an evo and think they're god.
You guys are acting like little bitches, If you don't like what I have to say then don't post on this thread!

drmosh
09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
smon68 has been given a temporary ban for using racial slurs and this thread is now locked